The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Master degree in nursing in Sweden

Getting through the Swedish system

Hachimaki
post 21.Aug.2017, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Hi everybody,

I have a problem that is really puzzling me and I am writing here hoping that someone with a similar experience in the past could help me.

I am a nurse graduated in Italy and I have been working here for many years. I started recently to consider doing a specialization and I started applying for a specialization in many Universities in Sweden. Unfortunately all my applications have been rejected because my final barchelor thesis in Italy was of 9 ECTS while in Sweden is 15 ECTS.

I tried to ask for clarification about this rule for two different reasons. First there is a mutual agreement between the EU countries about the equivalence of degrees (Bologna process and Lisbon recognition convention). Clearly since any degree requires 180 ECTS, the 6 points I am missing in the the thesis are distributed somewhere else.
Second I have been working in Sweden for many years so clearly my degree is totally fine to work but it's not for any career advancement.

Anyway even if I tried multiple times to ask for any help, the only thing they suggested me was to apply for an integration course for the thesis. So despite my frustration I did and guess what, my application got rejected because in a specific course I have 4.5 ECTS while they require 7 ECTS.

I don't know what to think really. I would love to hear from any non Swedish person that actually made it through.
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 21.Aug.2017, 08:50 PM
Post #2

There are some FB groups such as "Framtida vårdpersonal" where you might find someone with a similar background. The FB page is here: https://www.facebook.com/Framtida-V%C3%A5rd...53914634958448/ but there is also a group on FB. Perhaps therte is a group more specific to nurses also.
+
Hachimaki
post 22.Aug.2017, 06:31 PM
Post #3

Thank you, I'll take a look there.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: