The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

International shipping cost too high in Sweden

How to reduce it?

Technician
post 3.Aug.2016, 10:17 PM
Post #1

Guys,

I still could not figure out how to get a reduced shipping costs to international buyers. It is probably one of the reasons I dont see many international sellers from Sweden and will hurt swedish exporters. Our shipping cost will scare the international buyers!

A tracking number costs 70SEK, and it is a lot expensive compared to other international carriers. I want to sell small items with tracking numbers but it looks I wont be able due to high shipping costs.

I would welcome tips and tricks from experienced sellers.

Do you ship internationally? Any tips and tricks on how to ship cheaper?

Cheers,
Techncian
Go to the top of the page
+
LLHope
post 4.Aug.2016, 08:22 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (Technician @ 3.Aug.2016, 09:17 PM) *
Guys, I still could not figure out how to get a reduced shipping costs to international buyers. It is probably one of the reasons I dont see many international sellers from S ... (show full quote)
It is more likely the other way around, that the lack of international sellers causes the price to be higher to provide the service.

Most Swedish businesses in the new economic models are aiming right from the start at Germany and the UK, then France and Spain. With employment costs (and other overheads) being so high in Sweden, plus it's poor logistics position, depending where you are based, you will find that many set up their central distribution points in Germany.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: