The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Boyfriend in Sweden - moving to Sweden

How to get personal number as soon as possible

Svea77
post 5.Feb.2017, 02:49 AM
Post #16

Thank you all for helping me so much. I was researching a lot lately and didn't visit this forum for a couple of days.

As geordiedrummer says - my boyfriend phoned SFI (the office where I will belong) and they said that I can come there only with my passport - and it will be enough. I can start learning the language.
No PN needed smile.gif

On 20th of February I will fly to Stockholm and stay there for 5 weeks and will personally go to Skatteverket with all documents that I've prepared, so we will see in which category I fall in.

http://www.skatteverket.se/servicelankar/o...d743ffff2f.html

I don't think I am in the "family" category as I didn't live with my boyfriend before - and we are not married... but maybe I could fall in "self-sufficient". My boyfriend is ready to show his financial statements for me, write the document that he will support me, and of course I have my own savings on my account that I can show (and no debts in my "old" country).

On the other hand, the other day I also started the application for a residence permit through Migrationverket - I went through all questions of application... and almost near to finish it. But then I got confused - is that application needed at all? We wrote some mail then to the migrationverket and they replied that since I and my daughter are members of EU, we have right of the residence - and that we should go to Skatteverket. So then I decided I will first visit Skatteverket and then... decide what to do next after that...
Go to the top of the page
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2017, 01:56 PM
Post #17

As an EU citizen you are welcome to come to Sweden to study and/or to find a job without a visa of any kind. You will not have full residence status (i.e. get a personnummer and be entitled to healthcare, etc.) until you can show one of the following:

(1) That you have a job
(2) That you have lots of money and can look after yourself
(3) You are the partner of a Swede.

To become the partner of a Swede you don't need to marry. You can register as 'sambo'. It literally means 'samboende' (living together). In your case it would be a formality because you are an EU citizen.
+
sanniz
post 6.Feb.2017, 01:01 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (oddsock @ 5.Feb.2017, 01:56 PM) *
As an EU citizen you are welcome to come to Sweden to study and/or to find a job without a visa of any kind. You will not have full residence status (i.e. get a personnummer a ... (show full quote)

Not true all way out. Number 2 on your list for a personal number is even having fully cover when it comes to health insurrance.Else they gonna get that like an excuse to turn the request down. That is specially important if you must have a private one. The most are rejected by Skatteverket because no one can live up to that high demand of fully cover without any exceptions.

I should say studying for more than 2 termins or/and get a work that last for long time is the easiest way to get that holy number of Sweden.
+
oddsock
post 7.Feb.2017, 12:08 AM
Post #19

Not true all way out

Say what?

The easiest way for an EU citizen joining their Swedish partner in Sweden to get a personnummer is to register as a sambo. Know a few who have done it. Piece of piss when it is an EU citizen. No tests required (because the tests are illegal for EU citizens under EU law).
+
sanniz
post 7.Feb.2017, 11:06 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (oddsock @ 7.Feb.2017, 12:08 AM) *
Say what?The easiest way for an EU citizen joining their Swedish partner in Sweden to get a personnummer is to register as a sambo. Know a few who have done it. Piece of piss ... (show full quote)

They still gonna turn down the apply for a personal number if you don´t have a job or a health insurrance that covers EVERYTHING.
A sambo/partner can still get uppehållstillstånd from Migrationsverket, but it is still Skatteverket that decide about the personal number.
Just check with Solvit (that works for helping people inside EU) how many people that fights about getting that number, that is my englishman included. So I know that freshly for fact.

If the partner have job or a longer study in Sweden it´s easy. But many EU countries don´t cover their partners when it comes to the health insurrance when they move abroad and private one is impossible to fullfill. A few have won in courts, but most loose til they got a proper work.

I would say it´s easier to get inside a lot of systems in Sweden if YOU are an asyl immigrant... Or in some districts of Sweden they have special things for "the poorly EU immigrants" (that´s the people that beg about money outside shops so on... Not an EU immigrant that just wanna move over for job, job searching, partner or studying. That´s the sad fact.

And for those one that succeed is probably before last summer. Many rules changed even about the "partner that lives in Sweden". But at least they did a little change in beginning of this year, so a flat don´t have to be at least 2 room and a kitchen for just 2 grownups.
+
oddsock
post 7.Feb.2017, 12:19 PM
Post #21

Yeah, but we're talking about the EU sambo of a Swedish citizen, which is a different thing altogether. Are you Swedish?
+
sanniz
post 7.Feb.2017, 02:31 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (oddsock @ 7.Feb.2017, 12:19 PM) *
Yeah, but we're talking about the EU sambo of a Swedish citizen, which is a different thing altogether. Are you Swedish?

I am very swedish... Born here and lived here all my life. So, yes, I´m swedish. And that´s not good enough even if I am "garant person". All fall down on the health insurrance in our case. And cause there is no private one good enough from UK and NHS don´t support British citizens when they move abroad.

It´s better prepare people to have as much as possible prepared to even have a faster chance to get that number.
I have talked with Swedish Solvit and they are very familiar with that kinda situation nowadays.
+
oddsock
post 7.Feb.2017, 04:06 PM
Post #23

hmmm you may have been shafted by somebody from skatteverket who doesn't know what they are doing

it has been known to happen in all bureaucracies in all countries
+
LLHope
post 8.Feb.2017, 12:20 AM
Post #24

QUOTE (oddsock @ 7.Feb.2017, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE (oddsock @ 7.Feb.2017, 04:06 PM) *
hmmm you may have been shafted by somebody from skatteverket who doesn't know what they are doing

EU Right of Residence does not have provision for moving to a partner who is a national of the Member State you try to move to. That then comes under the Member States national immigration rules, hence you must apply for a relationship permit even though you are an EU Citizen. Sweden's relationship permit normally requires you to be outside of the country when applying and waiting for the decision, an exception is made for EU citizens who are allowed to wait inside the country. Technically you are not here with a decision, not even under EU rules because you can only stay 3months without meeting Right of Residence requirements. It is easier if your partner is a citizen of another EU Member State and not the Member State you are moving to!

It should also be noted that Swedish law states that you should not be entered into the population register unless you have been here for 12+ months. Even if you have a job when you arrive you can be refused until 12 months have passed. The law does give Skatteverket discretion to add people into the population register before the 12 months period has elapsed if they have reason to believe the person will be here for 12+ months, but it is not mandatory to add them earlier.
+
Svea77
post 24.Feb.2017, 08:18 AM
Post #25

Dear all,

Thank you so much for all the information. It can become so blurry sometimes smile.gif
So, these days I am in Sweden to "fix" whatever I can before my actual move which will happen during this summer (if everything goes well).

Yesterday we visited SkatteVerket. I asked to get PN on the basis of "family member". In that case, they didn't ask me for S1 (health insurance). They asked me to show my birth certificate (in my case it is the prove that I have been divorced) - they also asked how I plan to support myself. I said that I will have some income (renting out flat in my homeland and some distant work I do) and my Swedish sambo gave in the document showing his payroll. And he confirmed to the lady there he will support me and that I will live at his address.

For my child - they didn't allow me to ask for PN as she wasn't with me (she is back home, attending school). But the lady said, just come when she joins you in Sweden and do the same application.

Everyone in Skatteverket, from a guy that give you those cue tickets - to advisors - then to people where you gave in the final application were absolutely welcoming, ready to help and very kind.

So what will happen now? They will probably reject me, cause I didn't show any prove that me and my sambo have lived together - that we actually are in the relationship (like mutual bank account, same address somewhere before in life, etc). So when they reject me, I come back in 6 months and apply again - cause now I show that we actually lived together for 6 months... and then I will get it for sure. This is how I got it explained from advisor there.

Regarding learning the language - I decided for this visit to just go to IWC, pretty interesting organization smile.gif It is International Woman Club (lots of men study there too, don't worry!) where you can attend courses Svenska for Spanish, or Arabic, or Serbo-Croatian, etc... Very cool! Prices are super good and low in comparison to any other course and you can be in school whole day, have a lot of Swedish practice!
This is very good for people that can't go to SFI for some reason.

I will give you more info how it went for me, when I will know smile.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: