The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Help a German foreign national please.

how to become swedish and have a better life.

sashafox
post 11.May.2017, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Hello.
My fiancee is German and I am South African, my Fiancee was born in South Africa and has never been in Germany but has a German Passport. How would we go about going to Sweden and getting permanent residence. she wants to study receptarie to be a pharmacist in Sweden.
can she do the swedish language courses in Sweden and get some financial help and still be able to study after she has completed the language courses?

what would the procedure be with me as a South African, if we get married in Sweden would it be considered a Swedish Marriage or do we have to be in Germany, living in Germany to do so?

Would I be able to come over on a spousal visa as she is german? would it be recognised by the Swedish Authorities?

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+
Martian
post 11.May.2017, 01:18 PM
Post #2

Wouldn't it be easier if your fiancee studies in Germany instead? Wouldn't it also be more straight forward if you guys get married in Germany also? Unless the course is not doable in Germany or for some other reasons not stated that make Germany unpluggable into your equation, life will be very hard for both of you in Sweden, a country that is not as friendly as it looks on the books.
+
yet another brit
post 11.May.2017, 06:24 PM
Post #3

You're choosing an uphill route, for sure. Your girlfriend won't get accepted on a pharmacy program until she has university-entrance level Swedish, and English qualifications that meet the right level as well, and good enough grades in everything else needed - SA qualifications may well be accepted but you would have to check. Learning Swedish to this level will not happen overnight.

A marriage in Sweden should be recognised in Germany though, and vice-versa. You'd have to check with the SA embassy about any requirements from there.

The advantage she has a German citizen is that she can come to Sweden and find work without a visa. But without Swedish, that is tough (see also - moving to Germany without knowing German!).
+
Cheeseroller
post 12.May.2017, 09:41 AM
Post #4

Unless you are a refugee, you won't get financial assistance.
+
LLHope
post 14.May.2017, 12:07 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Martian @ 11.May.2017, 01:18 PM) *
Wouldn't it also be more straight forward if you guys get married in Germany also?
Sweden is one of the easiest places in Europe to get married if you are non-EU, heck you can even be illegal biggrin.gif You just need to be in the country and provide a few documents. Compared to a non-EU wanting to marry a German citizen in Germany. Once you get past the hurdle of providing the evidence you have been resident for 3 months or so, you cannot just turn up on a tourist visa if you intend to marry a German citizen, you must apply for the special entry visa for marriage etc.. etc...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: