The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

'Limping' cat shot dead and dumped by police

The Local
post 2.Apr.2012, 12:22 PM
Post #1

A cat which was discovered in central Sweden "with a limp" was taken by police and shot dead, and then dumped on a roadside.

The cat's devastated owner has since had his application for an internal investigation denied.

"Cissi was everything to me, she was my rock," cat owner Göran Hjalmarsson told The Local.

According to the owner, the cat had an extremely regular routine, including snuggling up at his feet every night, and returning home at a specific time every day.

"She was part of my family, she understood me. I couldn't sleep if she wasn't nearby. I live alone now, and Cissi had been my only consolation after my daughter died of cancer ten months ago. Cissi was all I had left," he said.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Snood
post 2.Apr.2012, 01:07 PM
Post #2

So the police are responsible for policing the police? why am I not surprised?
Surely there should be an independanc police complaints organisation (Like the IPCC in the UK)
+
Frobobbles
post 2.Apr.2012, 01:15 PM
Post #3

Independent investigation? Sorry, Swedes don't even understand the concept.
+
libertarianism
post 2.Apr.2012, 01:36 PM
Post #4

Humans are technologically advanced and socially retarded. :(
Poor cat. Poor Mr. Hjalmarsson. I wish I could give him a hug.
+
rise
post 2.Apr.2012, 02:34 PM
Post #5

I agree. Poor cat. Poor man. We have two cats at home and will probably always have at least two. Filthy nazi policeman!
+
*Guest*
post 2.Apr.2012, 02:43 PM
Post #6

RIP Cissi :-( hope Mr Hjalmarsson can heal gradually ...
+
soultraveler3
post 2.Apr.2012, 02:45 PM
Post #7

What a sad story!
How can the police be so stupid and cruel?
There wasn't much effort made in finding the owner. What about calling the local vets or putting an ad out? The least they should've done was make sure it was okay, then if an owner wasn't found right away, make sure it was taken to a cat shelter in the area.
I used to volunteer at the local shelter here and we had the police bring animals by multiple times and owner come by multiple times to find their cats.
What a bunch of sick, lazy and cruel bastards!
+
*Guest*
post 2.Apr.2012, 03:06 PM
Post #8

At least the rats that run freely in central Stockholm appear to be safe from the police.
+
strixy
post 2.Apr.2012, 03:25 PM
Post #9

Looks like in terms of dealing with the police in Sweden it is much better to be an immigrant gang rapists than a limping cat... .
What a bunch of cruel idiots. And the fact that the application for internat investigation was denied makes me think this is some horrible corrupted and totalitarian system.
+
foxpur
post 2.Apr.2012, 03:25 PM
Post #10

I can think of only one VALID reason if the cat was in obvious disability from being hit, i.e.- by the side of the road bleeding... I could see a "mercy killing" in that respect. Otherwise, it should have gone to a vet or shelter.
If a cat HAS a ear tag ot neck ID then it HAS a owner.
lastly, what's with tossing it by the road where someone can abuse the body by setting fire to it? Aside from health issues, that is just careless.
+
Radk
post 2.Apr.2012, 03:41 PM
Post #11

I'm thrilled... Why so many Swedes have issues with pointless killing animals ?
+
skogsbo
post 2.Apr.2012, 04:02 PM
Post #12

"she was my rock" "serious crime", it say alot about the mental state of the guy. The cops shot an injured cat, a bit over the top, but not the end of the world.
+
strixy
post 2.Apr.2012, 04:08 PM
Post #13

@Radk
Maybe they are opressed by the lagom culture. After all they should not have any negative feelings, they are even banned from verbally correcting their kids etc. So killing an animal seems like a nice and easy way to let some of the steam out... .Loosers.
+
Miss Kitten
post 2.Apr.2012, 05:00 PM
Post #14

More disgraceful behavior from Sweden's finest. I'm glad my cat is indoor only.
+
*Guest*
post 2.Apr.2012, 05:18 PM
Post #15

Miss kitten, I am glad you are a responsible cat owner. I hope your kitty gives you years of pleasure.
I do not like cats.
Cats come on to my property and poo on my lawn, not digging holes and burrying it, but on top od the grass.
I am almost inclined to give these police a call to get rid of my problem.
Before all the animal lovers send me death threats and hate mail, rather send me humane and peacefull solutions to my problem.
I chose not to have animals, and I do not want to be cleaning up after someone else's animals.
Getting fed up.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: