The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
138 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »    Reply to this topic

Merit Rating 2017 - Sweden MS Applicants

Selection Groups & Results

itsmegeorge
post 15.Feb.2017, 09:31 PM
Post #271

QUOTE (katecramey @ 15.Feb.2017, 09:52 PM) *
Uppsala apparently still has applications open for late application, so it seems that even those who applied on time will be "in progress" a bit longer.

Yes, they do have them open for late applications. Does this mean they'll start reviewing applications later?
Go to the top of the page
+
katecramey
post 15.Feb.2017, 09:38 PM
Post #272

From what I've heard from University Admissions/Uppsala, yes. Other programs that do not have late application are ahead in processing as they have all of the applications they are going to get and can get started sorting them out. But schools like Uppsala are still receiving applications so they won't have as much of a start to sorting.

That's my understanding at least lol I wish they were less transparent because I feel completely hopeless and clueless right now as my application is apparently late due to my transcripts arriving 2/2 ): but stuck "in processing" and "unqualified". I'm told there will be no way to reapply until after the first round of admissions notifications, but that doesn't tell us exactly when Uppsala stops accepting late applications. My present applications is basically already rejected and there is nothing I can do about it until March 24th when I can reapply for a tiny chance at getting into any program UGH
+
itsmegeorge
post 16.Feb.2017, 02:27 AM
Post #273

QUOTE (katecramey @ 15.Feb.2017, 10:38 PM) *
that doesn't tell us exactly when Uppsala stops accepting late applications

Well let's hope it's soon. Lund has started processing applications, Goteborg too.
+
Aly
post 16.Feb.2017, 10:16 AM
Post #274

QUOTE (katecramey @ 15.Feb.2017, 10:38 PM) *
From what I've heard from University Admissions/Uppsala, yes. Other programs that do not have late application are ahead in processing as they have all of the applications ... (show full quote)

Now I'm even more worried. I hoped Uppsala (which is my first choice) at least did some initial review of my documents.
Katecramey, I think if they still accept late applications,there is hope that your status is just temporary. It's like they've noticed that you didn't have transcripts, and automatically disqualified you. But when they process your application again at a later stage of review, they will see that Uppsala is ok with late application, and you'll be fine.
+
qadir
post 16.Feb.2017, 08:27 PM
Post #275

Master's Programme in Biology 120 Credits, Stockholm University, Location: Stockholm
IN PROGRESS

Nordic Master´s Programme in Biodiversity and Systematics 120 Credits, Stockholm University, Location: Stockholm
IN PROGRESS

Master's Programme in Globalization, Environment and Social Change 120 Credits, Stockholm University, Location: Stockholm
IN PROGRESS

Master's Programme in Ecology and Biodiversity 120 Credits, Stockholm University, Location: Stockholm
IN PROGRESS

All in Progress... Don't know what will happen. Keep fingers Crossed!!!
+
Gvantsa
post 16.Feb.2017, 08:42 PM
Post #276

Anyone got Qualified from Lund? my app is still in progress
+
donnicolito
post 16.Feb.2017, 08:55 PM
Post #277

QUOTE (Gvantsa @ 16.Feb.2017, 04:42 PM) *
Anyone got Qualified from Lund? my app is still in progress

Still in progress for Lund's human geography and human ecology. Also my "qualified" status in Malmö got reversed to "in progress" haha, I hate this system.
+
Nkemjika
post 16.Feb.2017, 10:08 PM
Post #278

Hej all

I believe some of you here must have taken note of one of my post where I lamented my disqualification ( for 3 out of 4 of my choice programs) for allegedly not meeting the general entry requirements.

I got a heartening development now. All my programs are now back to "in progress" after they have been "unqualified" for more than 2weeks now.

I think getting a status change for now is never sacrosanct as status can swing from "unqualified" to "in progress" to "qualified" and vice versa until proper selection begins.

So with this we should be hopeful for the best outcomes. Fingers crossed.
+
katecramey
post 17.Feb.2017, 06:32 AM
Post #279

Right now I'm just frustrated because I'm in progress but unqualified, which is because my transcripts were a day late which is fine. All I want to know is if I will be automatically considered for Uppsala due to their late application period or if I am going to miss out since UA is telling me to reapply via email after March 24th.

Constantly refreshing your page gets a lot more interesting when you have no idea what notification round you're in haha
+
Aysnz
post 17.Feb.2017, 12:44 PM
Post #280

Hi all,

I got qualified for my second and third choices (Malmö and Örebro) .

Funny thing is that I got qualified for Örebro before, maybe on 17th of Jan or sometime like that. But after that, I added new docs (transcripts for a masters program that I have one semester left). They are saying that my selection group is TP- Higher Education Credits. But even though I added 60 more credits to my documents. Still, my merit was 180 before, and it is 180 now. Who knows what they are really thinking.. blink.gif
+
Nkemjika
post 17.Feb.2017, 01:14 PM
Post #281

"AN ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR HAS CURRENTLY LOCKED YOUR APPLICATION, MAKING IT UNAVAILABLE"

Could anyone throw some light on the meaning of the above quote please?
+
Gvantsa
post 17.Feb.2017, 01:58 PM
Post #282

QUOTE (Nkemjika @ 17.Feb.2017, 04:14 PM) *
"AN ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR HAS CURRENTLY LOCKED YOUR APPLICATION, MAKING IT UNAVAILABLE". Could anyone throw some light on the meaning of the above quote please?

What does it mean that my application is locked?

Your admissions application is an electronic application. All of your documents and information have been electronically placed into the admissions system. This has been done so that admissions officers at different universities all have access to your application. When an admissions officer is in your applicaiton and reviewing it - a normal part of the admissions process - your application becomes locked. There could also be an electronic process happening with your application, which will also temporarily lock it. As soon as the review or process is completed, your application will be available to you again.

Applications are reviewed a number of times by different universities and officers. It is not unusual to see that your application is locked.
+
itsmegeorge
post 17.Feb.2017, 04:34 PM
Post #283

Has anybody from the EU got Qualification from Uppsala or Goteborg? Mine are all still in progress... omg.
+
Nkemjika
post 17.Feb.2017, 05:58 PM
Post #284

Just got QUALIFIED for Örebro University.

My selection group is based on HEC( Higher education credit)with a merit rating of 180 of a maximum 999,9)

Still hopeful. Fingers crossed
+
katecramey
post 17.Feb.2017, 06:56 PM
Post #285

Finally got an answer from someone at Uppsala!

"Dear Kaitlin,

Thank you for your email. At Uppsala University, we will automatically convert your application to a late one (received February 2) so you do not have to re-apply yourself, we will do that for you."

So I'm apparently out for this round :/ but good to know they will still consider it and that they will take care of it. Also that they process late applications in order of receipt date, so having it in the 2nd isn't the worst (the 1st would have been better).

My programs generally received fewer applicants this year, except my first choice, of course lol

1. MP Early Modern History-Uppsala: 44 applicants, 17 first choice
2.MP Global Environmental History-Uppsala: 89 applicants
3. MP Holocaust and Genocide Studies: 117 applicants

Last year my first choice received 29 applications, 17 first choice. They admitted 7 the first round with MR 900, and then 6 second round with MR 900. There was also one SA with MR 962, so hopefully there will be room for me somewhere in there!
+

138 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: