The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Finally got my account activated

Newbie rant

Jamtjim
post 14.Aug.2012, 08:37 PM
Post #16

Well,i meant not jumping straight into deep waters and starting to post in defence of Trowbridge

Well jumping in to defend Fraudie would not necessarily made you a troll. It would probably have made you a fool however as you would be trying to defend the indefendable. smile.gif

I had seen many a poster called troll just cause they contributed to topics on the same day as they joined.

I think that you should try to understand it from our point of view. This forum has been plagued by actual trolls for ages an especially more so of late. These trolls join up only to post offensive and inflammatory comments intended not to stimulate discussion, but solely with the intention to upset and agitate. They often make an overtly racist or islamophobic comment, or else post something derogatory towards the people they invisage read this forum, anti-American or "I hate the English" for example but also the "Sweden is crap" type of thing. Once they have caused their stir, they are off again, either being banned or else getting bored of causing upset here, they go off in search of pastures new.

Overall the best way to avoid being called a troll is not to act like one. Be aware that as other posters do to know you as yet, that you might come under a bit more scrutiny than poster who have been here a bit longer and whose personality is better known. Usually you will find that if your point is reasonable then there will be others who will understand your point of view and will say so, even if they may not agree with it. Take a look at some of our more persistent trolls and try to understand why they are labelled as such. In short steer clear of saying anything daft and if you have a point to make, be prepared to back it up.

But overall perhaps it is best not to worry about what people call you so much. I for one have been called a troll more times than I can remember, ironically mostly by the very type of troll I mentioned above, but also often by people who have found themselves on the wrong side of the argument and think that calling me a name somehow balances out the fact that their points or arguments have been (rightfully from my point of view) trashed. This is a place for which a thick skin is almost a prerequisite and that is unlikely to change. Sooner or later you will get called a troll, the point is who is calling you that? Is it someone whose opinions you have come to respect, in which case you may wish just to check what you are saying, or is it from someone you have already filed away in your "idiot" category, in which case it doesn't matter anyway!
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Aug.2012, 09:38 PM
Post #17

I think we all have a bit of Troll in us...there are times when I post ambiguously, then sit back and see who takes it the wrong way and wants to denounce me in the strongest possible way.

Rather fun, you know...quite cool.gif
+
Rod Munch
post 14.Aug.2012, 11:47 PM
Post #18

In just a few words, a "troll" on these boards, is anyone who dares to disagree with the extreme left's view on the refugee/asylum seeker policies in Sweden. That will also get you branded as a, "racist." LOL. "Racist" and "Troll." Two words whose meanings have been strongly diminished due to their reckless use on these boards. Good job, TL extreme- left. You're weakening the only tool that you have in the immigration debate.
+
skogsbo
post 15.Aug.2012, 06:25 AM
Post #19

QUOTE (Rod Munch @ 14.Aug.2012, 10:47 PM) *
. You're weakening the only tool that you have in the immigration debate.

Trolling is a tool, or are tools? wink.gif
+
Rick Methven
post 15.Aug.2012, 06:48 AM
Post #20

These trolls join up only to post offensive and inflammatory comments intended not to stimulate discussion, but solely with the intention to upset and agitate. They often make an overtly racist or islamophobic comment, or else post something derogatory towards the people they invisage read this forum,

Spot on as usual Jamtjim biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rod Munch @ 15.Aug.2012, 12:47 AM) *
In just a few words, a "troll" on these boards, is anyone who dares to disagree with the extreme left's view on the refugee/asylum seeker policies in Sweden. Tha ... (show full quote)
+
John.Smith
post 15.Aug.2012, 07:08 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (Rod Munch @ 15.Aug.2012, 12:47 AM) *
In just a few words, a "troll" on these boards, is anyone who dares to disagree with the extreme left's view on the refugee/asylum seeker policies in Sweden. Tha ... (show full quote)

A rather nice care and point from one of our resident Troll-wannabes.
+
Jamtjim
post 15.Aug.2012, 08:50 AM
Post #22

In just a few words, a "troll" on these boards, is anyone who dares to disagree with the extreme left's view on the refugee/asylum seeker policies in Sweden.

Nonsense... as is rather the norm for you. I explained above how a troll sets out to deliberately inflame and cause offence. Now how does writing anti-immigrant propaganda on a forum intended, or at least widely read, by immigrants fit in with that description? Now I'm sure you will say that you don't mean all immigrants, just "those Muslims" (read, "people with different coloured skin") or "those from the Middle East" (again read "people with different coloured skin"). Of course, the average white person for a western (read "predominantly Christian") society is ok...

I understand that you feel that anyone who does not agree with you is "extreme". I guess just about everybody who does not espouse the unjustified and vacuous drivel you spout must seem very distant from you. However an egalitarian starting point is in truth neither left nor right indeed the idea that everybody is equal regardless of creed or colour is the very basis for a democratic society. The mere fact that you bandy about phase such as "extreme left" in this manner shows that you have failed to adequately grasp the concept. Once again you are betrayed by your fundamental lack of understanding.

So you see you fit right into the profile that I set out above, but have to give you some credit as you have lasted a bit longer than your average troll.

That will also get you branded as a, "racist." LOL. "Racist" and "Troll."

You will get branded a racist if you espouse racist views. You will get branded a troll if you act like one. Now that wasn't so hard was it?

You're weakening the only tool that you have in the immigration debate.

How about reason and education? Those pretty much destroy the ill-informed, bigoted and prejudiced points raised by people like you in your so called "immigration debate".
+
Rick Methven
post 15.Aug.2012, 04:05 PM
Post #23

How about reason and education? Those pretty much destroy the ill-informed, bigoted and prejudiced points raised by people like you in your so called "immigration debate".

For Rod and his ilk, The debate is simple

IMMIGRATION IS BAD IF YOU ARE NOT WHITE, ANGLO SAXON.

ANYBODY WHO DISAGREES IS A LEFTY LIBERAL SCUMBAG laugh.gif
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: