The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Format changes to the Local, are they beneficial ?

Bigd
post 20.Sep.2005, 02:34 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Andersson)
I have to agree with most posts above; this is all getting too technical
On the positive
-like having an area for general discussion
-like that you have the National sections so you can discuss isses related to your county of origin

On the negative
-Every article is under this discussion area (it's too much) so you lose spontaneity in replying to the specific article (would be enough with a general discussion forum/Nationalty forum but you keep the oprion to make comments on articles as before)
-

I agree with this guys positive negative issues
The old way of commenting was more spontaneus and you could see all the comments without having a new window. It more tedious to go back to reading the actual news articles too! The forum is a good idea in itself but not in adding comment to the news articles.
And yes, why are some news articles not for discussion? Are you deciding on what we should comment on...? Yeah its looking a little too 'beaurocrapic' :shock:
Remember: If it aint broke dont try to fix it!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
The Local
post 20.Sep.2005, 07:01 PM
Post #17

We hear you.

But Swedish publishing law is a funny old fish and for legal reasons we were no longer able to have comments appearing under articles. We liked it too. sad.gif

So, here we are, and we'll keep trying to improve this section to make it as entertaining as possible.

And yes, why are some news articles not for discussion? Are you deciding on what we should comment on...?

Not at all. One of the good things about this format is that anyone can start discussion topics.

So if we haven't put a news story in here for some reason (either because we thought it might not stimulate a dicussion or because we forgot - nothing more sinister than that), feel free to add it yourself and get a discussion going!
+
*Nigel E.j. Griffiths*
post 27.Sep.2005, 12:56 PM
Post #18

The Local,

Dear Sirs,

It must be so obvious now, that this new format does not draw in the same amount of interest compared to the previous format. However, as you say, you are duty bound by the Swedish censorship laws. And there is nothing you can do about that. I had had a keen interest in your site, but no more. You have become "Too Swedish" and boring and, that's a disappointment.

Lastly, please take me out of the register, or can I do that manually on this site ?

Regards
+
Maria A
post 27.Sep.2005, 01:34 PM
Post #19

I can´t believe this! smile.gif All of these men saying the discussion forum is now too technical and mechanical!! How difficult can it be? I don´t find it difficult at all!
+
*doobydoo*
post 27.Sep.2005, 01:44 PM
Post #20

More likely Nigel's wife has been reading his more filthy comments and has banned him from the site.
+
*Nigel E.j. Griffiths*
post 27.Sep.2005, 02:02 PM
Post #21

Maria A: you now must be very pleased, to see the number of women on this site has increased. In part, because the site has become just that, mechanical and technical and, women like that in just about everything they attempt to do. We men like the passion, the spontaneity, wit and good humour. Something that is sadly lacking in modern woman so, please increase in numbers and do what women are good at...gossip and we men will be polite enough to hand over the site to you for the sake of equality. :twisted:
+
*Nigel E.j. Griffiths*
post 27.Sep.2005, 02:10 PM
Post #22

Ruth Geisler: you must be getting desperate to post or get noticed. Don't bother to reply, I'm not interested.
+
Gower76
post 27.Sep.2005, 02:52 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Nigel E.j. Griffiths)
..or can I do that manually...

Knowing Nigel as I don't, I have no doubt that where a web site is concerned, he could do it manually.
+
*Streja*
post 1.Oct.2005, 07:35 PM
Post #24

What was the site like before? I have only recently joined.
Nigel I am really witty!
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: