The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Non-EU apply in second admission round

Do I have a chance to be accepted?

riiiita
post 19.Apr.2016, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Hi all,

I am a non-EU student who have applied several programmes and courses in the second admission round 2016. I missed the first admission round due to some unexpected personal reason. The selection notification date is 12th July.

I know this round is recommended to EU-students since they do not need a residence permit to stay in Sweden. Does it mean non-EU students won't even be considered?

Anyone has similar experience or any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page
+
littleviking
post 19.Apr.2016, 12:40 PM
Post #2

you might be considered but you have very little chances to get a visa, hence you will loose some money both for application and for visa.
+
riiiita
post 20.Apr.2016, 04:19 AM
Post #3

OK. I see. But if one can be accepted and pay the first instalment of tuition fee the person can always apply for the residence permit. But perhaps the person may not receive the residence permit in time for school like one month delay or so... not sure if I understood correctly...
+
littleviking
post 20.Apr.2016, 06:22 AM
Post #4

you can get admitted and pay and you might wait more then 2 months for your visa. it takes a good amount of time to wait 2 months in theory is everything check out, if not even more.
Most universities will accept a few weeks to be late but not 3 months. Its highly indicated on time since registration is done during the first 2 weeks and also you having a place to live might be a problem, or if the school provides the accommodation you will be paying from the first day even if you come 3 months later
+
riiiita
post 20.Apr.2016, 08:43 AM
Post #5

Ahhh OK. I just don't want to waste an entire year for 2017 admission. I'd rather miss the first semester and join the second semester like in the late 2016 or early 2017 and finish the first semester that I miss in 2018 autumn... sounds crazy...

Just not sure if the university don't even look at applicants from outside EU in the second round even they say both EU and non-EU can apply but it is recommended for EU students.
+
littleviking
post 20.Apr.2016, 11:23 AM
Post #6

the things is if you miss and entire semester you might not get a visa to extend or you might have the surprise that the university might not let you join.
if i were you i would write to all the unies you have applied and ask if they would consider you also what are the implications of not getting a visa in time. since it is a bucket if money both for the semester and if they provide accommodation and you have to pay for it even if you havent arrived.
for example jonkoping university has that system, if you signed up for accommodation through them you pay from the 15 of august when the contract starts even if you come in november
+
riiiita
post 20.Apr.2016, 11:46 AM
Post #7

That is a great advice indeed. Actually I have no problem with the accommodation since I can live with my relative.smile.gif

Yes I did ask some of the unies but they only gave me very official response like "The programme is open for both EU and non-EU students but we recommend EU students apply in the second round as non-EU students will blablablah..."

One programme advisor responded as "Both application rounds are open for all students, however, the first application round is earlier, so that the applicants will have time to pay their tuition fees, apply for and receive their residence permit (if required), find housing, etc."

One only gave me few words "We will evaluate you properly."

feel like they did not say anything...
+
bj4u2c
post 6.Jul.2016, 01:46 PM
Post #8

hello there
anyone(particularly non-eu) waiting for second round admission results?
its exactly 6 days from today...

best of luck
+
Tenwang
post 8.Jul.2016, 11:06 AM
Post #9

yep, EU student waiting impatiently here!
+
lostinSE
post 8.Jul.2016, 02:08 PM
Post #10

what`s your MR guys ?
+
bj4u2c
post 13.Jul.2016, 01:34 PM
Post #11

admitted yeaa!
congrats to you guys too
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: