The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

STOCKHOLM DRINKS......

*Mark Boy*
post 28.Nov.2005, 01:08 PM
Post #1

Well what about a group meeting somewhere in Stockholm, maybe next week? (as I am in London from tomorrow) it would be fun putting a face to the 'name and insults' laugh.gif

as JUL is approaching, lets all get into the swing of things...

Whatcha think?
Go to the top of the page
+
Beth
post 28.Nov.2005, 01:33 PM
Post #2

Would love to. However, I'm "home alone" most of next week...but not alone enough. Depends on when. Wednesday I could do it before another engagement...a pre-drink for the Xmas celebration.
+
Eciym
post 28.Nov.2005, 01:34 PM
Post #3

Are we drinking "stockholm rules"? And what location do you suggest?
+
Citrus
post 28.Nov.2005, 01:38 PM
Post #4

stockholm rules..as in everyone must try and break a window or bustop plexiglass pane on the way home? laugh.gif
+
*Mark Boy*
post 28.Nov.2005, 01:40 PM
Post #5

laugh.gif

Somewhere nice, friendly and not TOO expensive, I am not working so free quite a lot. I am open to offers, no pun intended! laugh.gif
+
*Mark Boy*
post 28.Nov.2005, 01:48 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (BethD)
Would love to. However, I'm "home alone" most of next week...but not alone enough. Depends on when. Wednesday I could do it before another engagement...a pre-drink for the Xmas celebration.
Beth as I said I am not working to definately up for arranging a few 'wine tasting events' whenever your free to meet!
+
Eciym
post 28.Nov.2005, 02:24 PM
Post #7

Stockholm rules

Start drinking before you leave your home, preferably you have got to the drinking whisky stage.
Then travel upon the communist transport system to a friends abode preferably whilst drinking, preferably from a can. If you can be sick before you get to your friends place you score extra points.
Drink heavily at said friends place to avoid hefty bar bills whilst trying not to be sick in their apartment, a digression ensures penalty points.
Stagger back to bus stop/rail station either under the weight of your inebriation or the weight of a semi conscious colleague or both. Try to convince the bus driver that said colleague will not be sick on bus/passengers extra points awarded for skilful negotiations bonus points awarded for originality. If you fail in this task you have to take the physical challenge of walking several KM or the double dare of convincing a taxi to take you.

100 points awarded for getting off the Drunken perambulation service at the correct location. minus points for starting a fight, bonus points for urinating on or stealing something, or urinating on something thats stolen.

Finally convince the door staff after a lengthy wait that your are fit for bar service, than buy only your own drinks etc I got bored... somebody else can finish it if they want.
+
Beth
post 28.Nov.2005, 02:27 PM
Post #8

or meet up at a pub, have a few, go home
usually works for me
+
*Charlotte*
post 28.Nov.2005, 02:29 PM
Post #9

Eciym > Great stuff! I think I would be good at that game! laugh.gif
+
Eciym
post 28.Nov.2005, 02:31 PM
Post #10

you get double bonus points for urination based challenges if you're a female.
+
*Jem*
post 28.Nov.2005, 03:11 PM
Post #11

Stockholm rules for (UK) tourists who have no friends in Stockholm yet:

Get on the Tube system (Tunnelbana) somewhere about 8pm. (Hint: Whilst we have just got 24hr drinking in the UK, stick to traditonal UK pub times for your nights out as it's pretty much happy hour until midnight in Sweden 'cos all the Swedes are in their friends' flats getting hammered until then)

Nab a copy of the Metro "newspaper" (available on pavements all over Stockholm just as in England).

Ask the blonde Swedish boy / girl you sat next to (accidently) to help translate the "Beerometer" on the back page, specifically ask him / her which bar has the cheapest "BigStrong".

Get to said bar.

Ignore queue (bouncers in Sweden assume that if you act important you must be).

Enjoy a great night out with Iraqi refugees, Swedish Neo-Nazis, Homosexuals, Students, Winos and impoverished tourists as well as middle aged alcoholic gamblers all happily swapping spit and getting beer at 19Kr a pint (about GBP1.50ish) in the same pub and *nobody* fighting despite the fact that everyone is vocally airing their own views.

I did this last year (Gro:na Jageren in So:dermalm).
+
*David OL*
post 28.Nov.2005, 03:12 PM
Post #12

Did someone say beer?

I'm there... Where / when?
:roll: tongue.gif
+
*Mark Boy*
post 28.Nov.2005, 03:17 PM
Post #13

hej David, I am totally up for a beer/wine though I don't know how much the other members are wanting to meet! It would be great meeting some of you as some members seem quite KEWL!
+
Jules
post 28.Nov.2005, 03:20 PM
Post #14

Yeah I could be persuaded to go for a swift pint somewhere, probably won't have to twist my arm too hard either!
+
*David OL*
post 28.Nov.2005, 04:37 PM
Post #15

That's 3 of us going out for a beer! biggrin.gif
Any other takers?? tongue.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: