The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Still looking for job

After 7 months

Furu
post 21.Jan.2010, 10:26 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (ale3is @ 21.Jan.2010, 03:25 PM) *
I have been here 7 months and no luck till now. I have a BSc in Electronic Computer Systems Engineering from an EU country, around 1-2 years of experience and the only thing ... (show full quote)

You are facing a reality.
Go to the top of the page
+
ale3is
post 21.Jan.2010, 11:42 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (temporary @ 21.Jan.2010, 05:37 PM) *
Do you have a Swedish reference, that is not part of family? If not, try to establish one (or more) through any sports clubs etc or other area outside home, where you can get ... (show full quote)

How can i add reference? Should it be on my cv?on my personligt brev? is there any sample of references?I could probably ask for one from my team, but it would help to know how it should look like biggrin.gif
+
Jimmy
post 22.Jan.2010, 12:16 AM
Post #18

Seems to be the problem that you are unsure in how to write a CV and an application letter.
Have you never ever written one?
+
ale3is
post 22.Jan.2010, 12:42 AM
Post #19

I think my cv and personligt brev are pretty good. I have also been on Arbetsförmedlingen one friday that they help you with the cv and they said that i had to change nothing...
Can you please answer where should it be placed the reference and what should the reference say?
+
Lilje
post 22.Jan.2010, 05:18 AM
Post #20

A reference should be placed at the end of your cv and contain the reference person's name, their relation to you (such as a former co-worker or teacher) and a telephone number where they can be contacted. References should not be on every cv you send out. You just give the cv with references (1-3) to an interested employer when you interview with them. Make sure to ask the people you have as references if it is ok to use them as a reference first.

I agree with everyone else. It is better to just take whatever job you can find, learn some more swedish to get an edge and just keep on going.
+
PageyGB
post 22.Jan.2010, 09:51 AM
Post #21

Hi,

I've seen your CV and it's one of the best I've ever received. No worries with that mate.

On my CV I always have the references as "available on request". I am not sure my refs would like their contact details out there for all to see. Imagine if the agencies start calling them asking them if the need staff? I am not sure they would be your references anymore!
+
Tim Harrison
post 22.Jan.2010, 09:53 AM
Post #22

Seven months without a job is nothing! Ask my native SO who has been without a job for over a year, and she speaks perfect Swedish.
+
ale3is
post 22.Jan.2010, 11:00 AM
Post #23

It is not nothing. I agree that there are people waiting for longer periods, but you can never say "nothing" for a period of 7 months!
+
mike63
post 22.Jan.2010, 12:27 PM
Post #24

I agree., but I htink they are just trying to make you feel better, that your situation isn't unique.

I really think you need to take on the Russian tactic used by my wife and her firend. Pester, pester, pester. My iwfe's friend wanted a job at Clas Ohlson, I don't know why, so she just went daily to talk to the manager until finally he hired her. When a position came open she was the first person interviewed. Even in a more professional position pestering shows interest and a proactive personality that companies like. Don't just sit back and mail out interviews, if they get to know you then you aren't just an application, you're a person.

As Mama always said "To get a 40 hr a week job you need to work at applying for it 40 hrs a week"
+
ale3is
post 23.Jan.2010, 01:09 PM
Post #25

Thank you for your suggestions, I will try to do as you say...
+
ale3is
post 30.Jan.2010, 02:13 PM
Post #26

I have a reference from a previous job that i did, but he is on another company now. How should i write that on my cv? Should I just write his position when he was on the previous company with me or with his current title?
+
bloom99
post 30.Jan.2010, 08:02 PM
Post #27

Just put former "so and so", but you dont need reference until they ask for it.
normally people put reference - available on request. just be ready when they ask.

It is interesting following your quest. hope you get a job soon. as i am dreading the day when my turn arrives.
licka till!
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: