The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
29 Pages V  « < 27 28 29   Reply to this topic

God this place is boring!

My thoughts.

Apache001
post 20.Feb.2018, 03:23 PM
Post #421

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 20.Jul.2016, 05:22 PM) *
Why do people feel that they must be exited by their surroundings to be happy???

So why do Swedes continually ask me “vad ska vi göra idag” if truly they are averse to been excited by their surroundings.

Sometimes you just type here with zero logical reasoning. Everyone needs the surrounding and environment to survive. Tell me what happens to your eyes when you suddenly go out into a sunny surrounding after been in the dark for 10hrs?.

The Swedish social awkwardness has more to do with their upbringing. Everything intimidates them and make them freak out, like one of my friends born here would say “Swedes are very fragile”.

I remember a Swedish guy confessing to us in a group hang out that he felt intimidated by a muscular colleague, and that he had this anxiety in his chest every time the guy spoke.

Also the low self esteem here is too much that Swedes would totally avoid you if they realize you are doing far better than them. They try to bad mouth every expensive shit you gat...I’m like wtf I’ve worked hard many years why wouldn’t I ball big. They always want you to be on their level or below their level...sorry I can’t do that I have only one life to live and I need to treat myself to the best things my money can afford, it’s you that needs to double your hustle is what I tell them.

I don’t do lagom or Jante...I do me.

And yes it’s true they bring nothing to the table socially when you finally get to know them.
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 20.Feb.2018, 05:04 PM
Post #422

I'm an old guy...
+
Lamy
post 20.Feb.2018, 11:22 PM
Post #423

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 20.Feb.2018, 12:01 PM) *
This article was written in 1969(!) by Susan Sontag, after she had spent 6 months in Stockholm creating a film. Nothing much changed! (except the hard booze is now op ... (show full quote)

Thanks for sharing. I read most of it. I'm gonna print it, bind it and offer it to my sambo!
He actually likes S Sontag and never heard about that article.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Apr.2019, 12:48 AM
Post #424

It's too bad that people rely on those they think are worthy for the forming of their opinions rather that seeing first hand and judging for themselves...

So typical of Orwell's sheep!!!
+
Saywhatwhat
post 7.Apr.2019, 07:46 AM
Post #425

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 7.Apr.2019, 12:48 AM) *
It's too bad that people rely on those they think are worthy for the forming of their opinions rather that seeing first hand and judging for themselves...So typical of Orw ... (show full quote)

So what are your opinions after having lived in Sweden... oh wait...
+

29 Pages V  « < 27 28 29
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: