The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    Reply to this topic

Drinkies meet-up, Friday 5.Jun.2009 @ O'Connell's

Because MarkBase and VHW are in town!

Fjällräv
post 4.Jun.2009, 05:47 PM
Post #46

Alreet peeps?
Eh... I've got a friend's 30th birthday tomorrow evening/night... I'll try pop along... (I'll be around the Slussen side of Gamla Stan)
Don't worry Mr. Q and Humpers... I'll be around on Saturday so I'll be in touch at some stage of the gathering.
What's the craic for Saturday anyway? Are yous doin' touristy stuff?

/HRF
Go to the top of the page
+
Mo
post 4.Jun.2009, 06:26 PM
Post #47

add Mo & Mrs Mo to the list, at least for a pint or two
+
hayley81aussie
post 4.Jun.2009, 08:52 PM
Post #48

Hi, so about the drinks tomorrow, im just able to turn up at 6 pm and people will be there right? lol.. is it a big place? il be coming by myself(my partner wil come by and get me bit later) but just dont want to go to wrong plce!! lol.. so is it downstairs or upstairs? either way, see you at 6pm. and thank you!
+
Eric Cantona
post 4.Jun.2009, 09:14 PM
Post #49

I might be a bit late. And a bit psid.

Attending a two day conference where there's a free bar thing to end each day - a free bar in this town is all too rare...

Just to add; anyone reading this thread who hasn't been to a gathering previously, don't be shy. It's not a closed shop and if you fancy a beer with other ex-pats just come along..
+
Fjällräv
post 4.Jun.2009, 09:21 PM
Post #50

I concur with Mr. Cantona. Forget about the bickering that goes on here, it's not like that IRL. So just jump on in.

(Althought Noobies have to buy the first round!! ph34r.gif )

/HRF *well, it was worth a shot*
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 5.Jun.2009, 07:49 AM
Post #51

BUMP!

OK, I'm soon to be en route. Looking forward to this evening.

Once again, I've said 7:00 p.m. but it appears that some will be there from 6:00. We may even be there by 6:00 as well. Whoever wants to turn up by then, I'm sure there'll be someone there with whom to down a beer or two.

Later...
+
70sdreamer
post 5.Jun.2009, 08:37 AM
Post #52

I'll be there at least from 6pm, maybe earlier!

See you guys tonight!
+
tom.
post 5.Jun.2009, 10:43 AM
Post #53

Well considering that last nights little drinking session with Mark rendered me nearly unconscious, made me lose my hat and forget my name (having to log into Facebook this morning to remember it), I would say that you are all going to have a great evening and weekend.

You have been warned! By the way, Granville, Yanksalot- have you seen my hat?

Must go, I feel a swilling tide of beeriness building up unsure.gif
+
Aneud
post 5.Jun.2009, 11:02 AM
Post #54

We may be as late as 8:30 or such, work is crazy. Will you guys likely still be in O'C or have moved to Medusa or the K place? And if the latter ... oh boy will this sound silly... does one need a special attire for those places? E.g. clubbing clothes instead of Friday -casual- work clothes? I can't believe how removed from knowing anything about clubbing I am. Being over 30, even by 10 months is sure showing!
+
Fjällräv
post 5.Jun.2009, 11:20 AM
Post #55

QUOTE (Aneud @ 5.Jun.2009, 12:02 PM) *
I can't believe how removed from knowing anything about clubbing I am. Being over 30, even by 10 months is sure showing!

Ah will ye ever leave it out! 30? shur you're only a young whipper snappr!!

Where ever the final venue is tonight... I wouldn't worry about a dress code!!

O'Cs = Casual (Couple of lads playin tonight and should be a good laugh - bit of a sing song if you're that way inclined!! From 9pm)
Kvarnen = Casual
Kellys = Casual - Rocker!
Medusa = Rawk! Metal! But casual is good as well. (I really like the music in this place (well, upstairs))

Although you'll look a little out of place in Kelly's and Medusa is you turnup in a suit.
+
Aneud
post 5.Jun.2009, 11:26 AM
Post #56

Cheers for that (and thanks for what may have been a potential age compliment LOL) but I am not 110% wiser, whatever I'm wearing will just have to do, no time to go home and get changed.

See you guys tonight at some point I presume. (Off to FB to collect some more phone numbers than just Mark's as he has a habit of never picking once he gets to Stockers -and is rightfully assaulted by adoring fans-)
+
Fjällräv
post 5.Jun.2009, 11:33 AM
Post #57

He's got my number. Tell him to text me when he gets in. Actually I'll probably see him before you do as I'm gonna walk out of work fairly shortly.

(They can't exactly sack me twice in one week! Ha Ha)
+
tom.
post 5.Jun.2009, 11:43 AM
Post #58

I just spoke to Mark. He is now at the airport waiting for a bus to town. He was a bit miffed there was no red carpet but has asked me to tell you that the fun starts now. Whatever that means. Give him a bell.

And i found my hat.
+
Littlest Hobo
post 5.Jun.2009, 11:49 AM
Post #59

QUOTE (Fjällräv @ 5.Jun.2009, 11:33 AM) *
He's got my number. Tell him to text me when he gets in. Actually I'll probably see him before you do as I'm gonna walk out of work fairly shortly.

You OC'ing it soon then sir?!! lol I'm just about done with work today so am aiming for an early start! Maybe enjoy a beer in the bright, bright sunshine...oh...hang on...
+
unkle strunkle
post 5.Jun.2009, 11:55 AM
Post #60

Have a blast y'all!
I hope to meet you at the next drinkies gathering.
biggrin.gif

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. ~Deep Thought, Jack Handy
+

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: