The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Poor signal and battery drain

I think tele2 signal is to sh...y

Rebbit
post 12.Mar.2017, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Hi,

I've moved to Sweden in expectation that I'll have internet and signal all over the place, but no, it's the other way around. I come from third world country and my signal over there was always on full with 4g available. My battery on phone lasted for days (4k mAh battery on xiaomi redmi 3).

After moving here I got company sim card from tele2, with 5gb data plan. Thats all good, but my signal is so poor in some areas in the city, for example in my apartment in Vallingby I don't have signal at all, maybe 1 bar, out of 5, in the city it works little better, but not so good. outside of the city, for example if I go to Eskilstuna with SJ, half of the travel I won't have signal at all.

I think that my battery also drains alot faster then when I was at home with full signal, here I have to charge phone every 1-2 days, which was not the case.

I also used comviq for some time, and it seems that comviq has 10x better coverage over the area (because its using a lot more networks) then tele2 and my battery life is a little better.

For some time I used both of them (dual sim phone), and comviq was full bar, tele 2 was at 1 or no signal...

What do you guys think. Are my suspicions about shitty network and battery drainage correct, do you have any suggestions or thoughts about it?
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 12.Mar.2017, 01:20 PM
Post #2

Comviq and Tele2 is the same company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comviq
+
Rebbit
post 13.Mar.2017, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Yes, correct.

But comviq uses alot more infrastructure then tele2

So it uses the Tele2 and Telenor network on 2G, the Tele2 and Telia networks on 3G and Net4mobility (= Tele2 and Telenor)
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: