The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
120 Pages V  « < 118 119 120   Reply to this topic

Work permit waiting time statistics

Let us share

vv1
post 29.Mar.2020, 09:53 AM
Post #1786

Hi everyone,

Some positive news and few lessons learned.

I am eligible for PUT and my last permit expired on 2020-01-21.

Application date: 2019-11-12
Request for more information: 2020-03-19 (Insurance documents, Kontrolluppgifter for 2019)
Information provided: 2020-03-24
Call from case officer: 2020-03-35
Decision date: 2020-03-27 (137 days, employer is not certified). Rang the customer service on Friday and they told me, I have PUT now.

Case officer called me to ask if I wanted an extension of work permit or permanent residence permit. I was under the impression that all work permit extensions after 4 years was PUT by default, but apparently, I had to mention in the application if I wanted PUT. I am not sure where I could have done this though.

I have some lessons learned from 4 applications so far(first application, change of job, extension after 2 years and then this extension). Hopefully this helps someone(even though some of it is obvious)

1. Document everything and have all the documents from previous applications saved in a cloud folder.
2. You don't have to visit Skatteverket office to obtain Kontrolluppgifter. You can ring them to ask for it and it will be delivered in few working days(I got mine in 1).
3. In all my employments, I was the only non Swede in the company and that meant my employer was not very aware the application process(One of them even made mistake with insurances). Schedule a meeting with whoever is applying for you and talk the steps through. Even though Migrationsverket website can give ambiguous information, they have the process documented step by step. It is unfortunate, but if the employer makes a mistake, you end up paying for it.
4. Make sure all 4 insurances are in place, from your very first day. Ask your employer to obtain insurance certificates for you. Migrationsverket always asked me for these documents as supplements.
5. If your employer has Kollektivavtal, obtain the registration number(either from the employer or the union).
6. After your application, if you realize a mistake was made(even if it is small), ask your employer to send an email about it to Migrationsverket.

Good luck to others who are still waiting.
Go to the top of the page
+
rvarva
post 29.Mar.2020, 10:59 AM
Post #1787

QUOTE (deepsin @ 29.Mar.2020, 09:43 AM) *
Hi, . I think it is positive for sure. In most of the rejection cases, they ask for more info or docs.. is your employer is certified?

Thank you so much.
No, my employer is not certified.
+
*Guest*
post 24.Apr.2020, 12:14 AM
Post #1788

hi
i applied for work permit extension for 2nd time december 2019. MV requested more documents on 2020.03.13 (insurance documents and job latter from my previous and current employers)i am still waiting for the decision .
i want to know does the current cronavirus effect the time for decision? and case worker working on the cases ? anyone got decision in last week or so?
+
kajrikat
post 28.Apr.2020, 12:54 PM
Post #1789

Received Work Permit extension approval on 24 April 2020 and decision letters on 28 April 2020. Application filed on Jan 29, 2020 through a certified employer.

For the information of many forum members who might benefit.

With this Work permit extension approval, i have been granted Permanent residency. Few specific details in this Permanent residency approval. I have moved to Sweden during Feb 2016 immediately after my first permit is granted and after which i have stayed in sweden for 8 months (oct 2016) and due to personal reasons have moved out of Sweden for about 4 months with a gap in employment and no salary generated in sweden. Returned back to sweden during feb 2017 and from then on i have been employed in sweden until this day. Due to the gap of 4 months out of 48 months eligibility for permanent residency, MV has granted me a temporary residence permit for about two months until the Decision date, which was mentioned explicitly in my Permanent residency decision letter and thus granted Permanent residency.

Hope this additional info helps smile.gif
+
*Guest*
post 3.Jul.2020, 06:00 AM
Post #1790

Buat anda yang sedang mencari judi slot online ? Gabung aja di OVO99SPORTS. 1 user id bisa bermain semua jenis permainan.
+
manojh93
post 10.Jul.2020, 06:02 PM
Post #1791

HI Guys,

There has been an application submitted for the work permit on April 28th via a consultant.
And there has not been any proceeding in the case seen yet after near to 2 and a half months.
The migration office still says there has not been a decision officer assigned yet to the case.
I wanted to know is there any way the process can be made quicker at this point in time How much more time it might take for the decision to be made. My visa in Germany is going to expire and I hv to travel soon.
+
browngirl
post 21.Aug.2020, 11:25 AM
Post #1792

My PUT application was submitted earlier this month. Anyone else who submitted the same application and has heard back?

Thanks!
+
user789
post 21.Aug.2020, 03:00 PM
Post #1793

Hi all,

I hope all is well with you and your family rolleyes.gif

I am writing regarding extension of work permit.

Currently I work in Sweden for more than 1 year.

I have non-EU driving license(eligible to drive in Sweden 1 year) and couple of months ago police cougth me and said me that my driving license expired for couple of days(I did not know).

I had fine for that which I already paid and 6 month ban for getting swedish driving license.

My question can it somehow effects when I will extend my working permit after 2 years and in future while getting PUT in MV?
Does any of you had such an experience?

Thanks in advance.
+
Mobz8008
post 8.Sep.2020, 04:50 PM
Post #1794

Hi
I have applied for my work permit extension in December 2019
Askef for more documents in April 2020
Which was sent on very next week.
Now my case officer replied after almost 4 months and she called me for a video interview in order to process my case.
I am not sure why is she calling me for an interview. What kind of questions can I expect from my case officer? Is it normal to have an interview with applicant?
+
daniel7
post 11.Sep.2020, 02:37 PM
Post #1795

Applied for the first extension in late April. Case officer not yet assigned.(My employer is certified)
+
nugacity
post 15.Sep.2020, 08:58 AM
Post #1796

QUOTE (daniel7 @ 11.Sep.2020, 03:37 PM) *
Applied for the first extension in late April. Case officer not yet assigned.(My employer is certified)

When does your current permit expire?
+
daniel7
post 15.Sep.2020, 02:55 PM
Post #1797

QUOTE (nugacity @ 15.Sep.2020, 09:58 AM) *
When does your current permit expire?

It expired two months ago.
+
nugacity
post 18.Sep.2020, 08:05 AM
Post #1798

anyone who applied for extension in may?
+
daniel7
post 18.Sep.2020, 01:17 PM
Post #1799

QUOTE (nugacity @ 18.Sep.2020, 09:05 AM) *
anyone who applied for extension in may?

Mine was late April
+
okomoe
post 7.Oct.2020, 09:18 PM
Post #1800

Hi,

I am EU citizen with non-EU family living in Sweden for 5+ years. I have applied for citizenship and my wife for PUT since her UT was valid for 5 years. She has been waiting for 3 months now. We decided to call and ask after the 2nd month, they said "everything is green here" and you application is assigned to a case officer. But 1 month after the call still nothing from them.

Wonder if some of you was in a similar situation?
How come from "all green" to "no response" in 1 month?
+

120 Pages V  « < 118 119 120
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: