The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Interesting news in Swedish public radio

Segment on indian eeduation

gsurya
post 24.Apr.2019, 07:18 AM
Post #16

Agree, Lund university is fantastic, I hope I am lucky enough to a Masters or PhD there some day.

The University is also desperately wooing students from India, also they dont have enough "native Swedes" to keep them going.

And it is no secret that India, China, Bangladesh etc are poor and hence cost-of-living and wages are lower there. Why on earth do you think that is some kind of insult? It is just a sperm lottery that you were born in Sweden, not in India laugh.gif

Every single major Swedish manufacturing or services company have a plant or backoffice in these countries - for the same reason.

If they didnt, they would close down and Swedish customers would pay high prices for just about everything. So globalization and migration is a win-win for all, only some losers whine about it.
Go to the top of the page
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 24.Apr.2019, 10:07 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (gsurya @ 24.Apr.2019, 08:18 AM) *
Agree, Lund university is fantastic, I hope I am lucky enough to a Masters or PhD there some day. The University is also desperately wooing students from India, also they don ... (show full quote)

Globalization and migration a win-win for everyone you say? So why does India require me to make $25000 per year before I am allowed a work visa there then? Why does India have the Phased Manufacturing Programme?

And I am tired of hearing about how India is a nation of prodigies hindered by poverty. Look as South Korea in contrast, left as rubble after the korean war.
+
Bsmith
post 24.Apr.2019, 12:07 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 24.Apr.2019, 09:07 AM) *
And I am tired of hearing about how India is a nation of prodigies hindered by poverty.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
+
gsurya
post 25.Apr.2019, 06:38 AM
Post #19

Of course India has not done well compared to many other countries, only *nationalists* are afraid / ashamed to admit their country has faults or point to other worse ones as whatboutism.

India should have done much better since Independence but we have been held back by religious / caste divisions, poor governance and corruption.

That is why I am so harsh on racist bigoted SweNazis in my current country of residence, they are a bane to society anywhere in the world.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 25.Apr.2019, 07:03 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (gsurya @ 25.Apr.2019, 07:38 AM) *
Of course India has not done well compared to many other countries, only *nationalists* are afraid / ashamed to admit their country has faults or point to other worse ones as ... (show full quote)

You are free to leave at anytime. In fact there are lots of us who are fed up with junior positions requiring 5+ years of experience, and seeing how corporations would rather bring in foreign workers from totally different cultures than give a native a chance. All the while screaming about the importance of "cultural fit".
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: