The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

TV Fee in Sweden

Not sure what it is called

Rick Methven
post 13.Feb.2010, 03:44 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Localer @ 13.Feb.2010, 03:38 PM) *
our new apartment is connected to fiber optic(no TV port), and all channels are provides by Telia via internet...do we have to pay as well, since we paid every moths to Telia. ... (show full quote)

Yes you are liable to pay

The term "television receiver" includes:
TV sets
Video recorders with channel selector
Video cameras with channel selector
Computers with a TV-card making it possible to receive TV signals
DVD player with channel selector
Digital TV-selector

If you are able to select a TV chanel on your Telia digital TV box then you must pay
Go to the top of the page
+
Localer
post 13.Feb.2010, 03:52 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 13.Feb.2010, 03:44 PM) *
Computers with a TV-card making it possible to receive TV signals

what ? computer with TV card liable to pay as well ?? that's totally non sense...how on earth they going to check whether the PC is equipped with tv card.
+
Rick Methven
post 13.Feb.2010, 04:19 PM
Post #18

If you stuck a tuning card up your nose and an aerial on the top of your head and you where able to receive Swedish TV then they would want you to pay.

Good News is that once you have paid for your nose TV the rest of your household can relax and watch any number of normal TV's without worrying about a knock on the door cool.gif
+
Lost Hammer
post 13.Feb.2010, 04:56 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 13.Feb.2010, 03:17 PM) *
Well I have BBC world in my ComHem package and I have BBC/ITV iPlayer. I have just looked to see if there is anything to watch on the Iplayer and even SVT has more interesting programs

Over the years the beeb has come out with some world class programs. I personally don't think theres anyone else in the world better at doing nature documentarys. I still to this day watch Planet earth in awe. But its not just that, its the whole package. A world class news service, 4 main radio stations that cover every musical taste (I'm a big fan of the essential mix on radio 1, and the friday night comedy on radio 4). As well as providing local radio to just about everywhere in britain, with commentary on local football games and more.

To be fair, I've always been a fan of the beeb even before I moved here. They get caught up in a lot of political bollocks, but I think british media is better for it. I'd rather have them than a load of murdoch spewed crap that was "voluntary" to pay for.
+
Rick Methven
post 13.Feb.2010, 06:39 PM
Post #20

I agree that BBC programing in general is good and the best of it is available here.

I also have Viasat Nature and Animal planet where all those great BBC Nature documentarties are shown and BBC radio is available internationaly without any restriction. BBC World gives full news commentary and loads of other stuff including news night

I would never pay for anything that puts money into the pocket of the 'Dirty Digger' laugh.gif
+
nic_tester
post 13.Feb.2010, 07:08 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (superturbo @ 13.Feb.2010, 02:56 AM) *
When you get the bill you should just email/call (preferebly email, otherwise they will ask some you some dumb questions) them and say that you have sold your tv or that it ha ... (show full quote)

Hear! Hear! Thats good advice. Unless you WANT to support state propaganda and indoctrination. Personally, i threw my tv out the window in disgust 15 years ago and havent gotten a new one since. And im always hopefull that one of their hired thugs will ring my doorbell so i can let them push themselves inside (they have no legal right to raid your home but they do have the right to collect evidence, ie report they saw a tv) and then give them a good speaking to and explain just exactly how disgusted i am with the sinister evilness that employs them for a good hour and a half. Sadly, so far noone has come to visit me sad.gif Im still hopefull thou, some day they will come biggrin.gif
+
Miss Kitten
post 13.Feb.2010, 07:20 PM
Post #22

This has always been a divisive issue here at TL. You have two options to consider.

There are those who simply cannot afford to pay the fee, but they usually start paying it as soon as they are able to. Then there are those who adamantly refuse to pay the fee on sheer principle, citing that being required by law to pay the TV-avgift is a gross violation of their civil rights. They would recommend that you:

1. Lie to Radiotjänst

And then there are those who figure that 164 sek per month is really not that much to ask for commercial-free television and radio, and that paying it is much easier than having to lie and living in fear of the phone or the doorbell ringing. They would recommend that you:

2. Pay the fee and shut up about it.

The choice is up to you.
+
Furu
post 13.Feb.2010, 07:28 PM
Post #23

This is what happened.

My local Bostaden changed the programming on the channels they offered. They wanted to save the money so they ran a survey on local population and everybody voted out BBC, NG, Nick, TV4 Film, CNN. They offered 10kr off the monthly cost.

I asked them how can I get the channels back, they asked me to get a digital box and subscribe to programming that I need.

One week after subscription I got a phone call from this TV License fee department asking me to pay the fee as I ordered a digital service.

They also said we will send you information by postal mail in English to read all about it.

So here I am with my 88kr monthly TV bill (Basic Cable) changing to 425kr per month (incl TV license Fee).
+
post 7.Jun.2010, 11:36 AM
Post #24

QUOTE (Furu @ 13.Feb.2010, 08:28 PM) *
One week after subscription I got a phone call from this TV License fee department asking me to pay the fee as I ordered a digital service.

does anyone know if they can access the details if you still have the service or just that you subscribed to one?
+
Furu
post 7.Jun.2010, 07:40 PM
Post #25

They get notification if you subscribe.
+
post 7.Jun.2010, 10:32 PM
Post #26

cheers furu
+
Majick
post 8.Jun.2010, 09:37 AM
Post #27

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 13.Feb.2010, 11:18 AM) *
This is the regulationEveryone who owns, rents or borrows a television receiver has to pay a TV Licence fee.The term "television receiver" includes:TV sets Video rec ... (show full quote)

This is just normal, surely? 173 SEK a month is a decent fee, about the same as what we pay here in the UK. wink.gif
+
Kieruk
post 8.Jun.2010, 01:10 PM
Post #28

I'm really interested to know if the expats on here that don't want to pay the licence used to pay in their home countries?

I have always paid the UK licence fee, and never even though not to pay the Swedish one. Yes, I get nearly nothing from it, I dont think I have ever wached SVT1, but if every non UK citizen refused to pay the UK licence fee the rest of us would have to pay considerably more!

And as for the quality of programs...again remember, that there are about 9 million people here (significantly less then in the UK) so there is a lot less coming in through this licence fee...
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 8.Jun.2010, 06:24 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Localer @ 13.Feb.2010, 03:52 PM) *
what ? computer with TV card liable to pay as well ?? that's totally non sense...how on earth they going to check whether the PC is equipped with tv card.

The system is based on peoples honesty (stupid, I know). If you don't want to pay you just don't pay. I've been doing that for years...
+
Rick Methven
post 8.Jun.2010, 06:34 PM
Post #30

So you are the one who makes it more expensive for us honest souls who cough up our due unsure.gif
+

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: