The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Disappearing threads

FR
post 4.Nov.2005, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Sometimes threads seem to disappear. Sometimes it could be because of something offensive, as with the "ashamed to be american" one. Other times, I have discovered the same thread under a different name. In other words, if someone changes the subject mid-thread, the title displayed on the index changes? That can be very confusing.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Shuakhwe*
post 4.Nov.2005, 05:42 PM
Post #2

Yes, you are right.
Someone had posted the topic of condoms and had advocated their use. That topic was removed quickly and it appeared that somebody didn't care for the idea of the prevention of disease.
+
FR
post 4.Nov.2005, 05:47 PM
Post #3

I would prefer that the thread title remain, but the contents removed with a notice from the moderator. That would also give us a good idea of what we must avoid doing. Otherwise, we never know. I just assumed that the thread changed names or was just further down the list.

Put us on the learning curve, please.
+
The Local
post 4.Nov.2005, 05:53 PM
Post #4

Thanks for the feedback, Free Rider. Good points.

As a reminder, here is our description of what's acceptable - and you can see the conditions of use for what's not.

What's allowed?

The point of 'Discuss' is that it is an interesting, entertaining and helpful forum for all matters related to Sweden. It is not a place for people to fling insults at other users: heated discussion is good, mindless name-calling is bad.

So to keep the tone to the taste of the vast majority of our readers, we may - reluctantly - be forced to prune discussions which are getting out of hand.

Bear in mind that by participating, you agree to our conditions of use. For details about what's not allowed, see these.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: