The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Autumn 2016 Bachelor's Merit Rating (MR)

Gothenburg University/Chalmers & Others

H-Cue
post 8.Apr.2016, 05:13 PM
Post #1

Hey guys & girls,

I have applied for the second round (autumn) of bachelor applications but have no idea how that is going to turn out.
Does anyone know anything about the current merit ratings for the Software Engineering & Management bachelor at GU? I also applied for Linnaeus University for a similar program.

It's so hard to find information about this topic, so I thought perhaps it'd be good to meet others going through the same thing! How is it going for you? Already accepted from the first round? High MR? I'm pretty anxious about the whole thing, seems quite hard to get in...
Go to the top of the page
+
kami
post 9.Apr.2016, 08:40 PM
Post #2

I applied to GU in the previous round and got in with merit ranking of 19,40 out of 22,50.
+
H-Cue
post 13.Apr.2016, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Hah, thanks for letting me know!

That is pretty high, indeed! No wonder you got in! Congrats!

I found the stats for it, actually. It seems that the lowest grade accepted in the program was 17,9 on the second round. This unfortunately means I won't get in. Where I'm from, high school grades mean nothing, only the university entrance exam is important. I had the chance to study in one of the top schools in the country. It pushed students really, really hard but the result was, naturally, that average grades were lower. In terms of comparison, the absolute best student of my school probably had an average of 8.5/10. At best. And that is one in 4000 or so.

Anyway, this sucks because the GU program is actually the most fitting for me, but I'm also trying Uppsala and Linnaeus. I guess we'll see.
+
Ric
post 20.Mar.2018, 02:38 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (kami @ 10.Apr.2016, 03:40 AM) *
I applied to GU in the previous round and got in with merit ranking of 19,40 out of 22,50.

I doubt you'll be active on the forums but just in case, how was the course experience?
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: