The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Teacher in Sweden reported to police for ejecting

ejecting rude pupil

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Mar.2019, 09:14 PM
Post #31

The bad guy in this and other scenarios is not the immigrant...

When people are allowed to act in certain ways that counter commonly shared ideals and culture, the onus is not theirs...

It's Liberalism!!!

Any interest in enforcing "first country" asylum laws???

In a Conservative fashion!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Svedallas
post 17.Mar.2019, 10:10 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 17.Mar.2019, 09:14 PM) *
The bad guy in this and other scenarios is not the immigrant...When people are allowed to act in certain ways that counter commonly shared ideals and culture, the onus is not ... (show full quote)

That is what the moderate party wanted.

The first country does not work. They have false documents, and re-enter with a new name new identity. The whole asylum process for the EU has failed.
+
Bsmith
post 17.Mar.2019, 10:33 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 17.Mar.2019, 09:14 PM) *
The bad guy in this and other scenarios is not the immigrant...

Are you saying the student who called the teacher a whore was not an immigrant (specifically from an Islamic background)? Seems to be one of their favorite insults. Any woman who is not covered from head to toe is a whore and therefore subject to public shaming or worse.

It has always perplexed me why the liberals take such a liking to a religion that demeans women...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Mar.2019, 11:40 PM
Post #34

If you bring vipers into your life and one bites you...Who is to blame???
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Mar.2019, 11:52 PM
Post #35

"The whole asylum process for the EU has failed."

Who let that happen???

Everybody, Europe is sowing the seed for it's own destruction in a Liberal way!!!

The wondrous joys of Ethnic Diversity, Multiculturalism, coupled with Political Correctness are leading to a new world order...sans Europeans!!!

Anybody want to resist???
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 18.Mar.2019, 03:55 AM
Post #36

"Are you saying the student who called the teacher a whore was not an immigrant (specifically from an Islamic background)?"

NO...
+
cootje1976
post 18.Mar.2019, 11:08 AM
Post #37

These people are pathetic. As a kid I got send out of class simply by saying ‘Goddammit’; everything in this country is made ‘negotiable’; sending a kid out of class because he or she disrespects the teacher should be nothing more than normal. Where I am from if you would call the police on that they would ask you if you fell off the bus on yer way to work.
Kids disrespecting teachers should not be defended, it should be handled and the kid and the parents in question should be called to account for the misbehaviour. Thats it, end of story, next case!

This way there is a whole new generation of kids growing up that do not get disciplined because the adults are lacking a backbone. No wonder there is no respect. Truth to be told, kids should respect their elders, however the elders should deserve it. Nothing worse than a piece-of-shit parent that got kids, and then make it societies problem if their kids fail in life. I do think that for parenting you’d need a degree, but I know that is a touchy subject.

I personally do not have kids and do not want them. Not a big fan, for us kids are more a nuisance than a blessing, so let other people have ‘em. But that is our opinion and we respect others for having their own kids.

When I was a kid I got spanked, slapped, reprimanded, etc, and I turned out quite well. Got expelled a few times, and nothing happened. I grew up, grew a pair, and turned up quite ok. For a matter of fact, the kids that were being ‘babied’ by the system usually turned out pretty bad.
I think the generation that was born in the seventies is the last generation that carries a solid backbone; after that that seems to be weened out due to the our society going 'soft'. And now we are stuck with the entitled, soft liberals, that try to govern everything including words, and Sweden is a star in that though.

But all they are doing is masking the truth, and this is one of them; kids do not respect authority anymore like we did, when you were told to respect your elders.

In my time that kid would have been send out of class and the parents would enforce their authority.
+
Svedallas
post 18.Mar.2019, 06:20 PM
Post #38

QUOTE (cootje1976 @ 18.Mar.2019, 11:08 AM) *
These people are pathetic. As a kid I got send out of class simply by saying ‘Goddammit’; everything in this country is made ‘negotiable’; sending a kid out of class b ... (show full quote)

No teacher wants to get fired.
They are on the beck and call of students.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 18.Mar.2019, 07:50 PM
Post #39

A teacher is a child's first experience with authority outside of home, if they get away with defiance it does not bode well for their future acceptance of normal life rules of social behaviour...
+
Bsmith
post 18.Mar.2019, 10:29 PM
Post #40

As a former teacher, I can say that 95% of the students are okay. A few are better than the rest but most are normal just as you and I were back in the day. But those 5% that are bad can make a teacher's life miserable. Of course, these numbers can be altered significantly in a tougher school district. I imagine that there are some schools in Sweden now that are very bad. It is no wonder that teachers are getting out of the profession.
+
DuneSunny
post 20.Mar.2019, 02:09 PM
Post #41

My partner is a teacher and had a similar experience. She was asked to teach English in a colleagues class who was off ill (due to stress). The class was known to be difficult and had to have an additional full-time assistant to help control the class. Four of the pupils were being really unruly and despite being asked by my partner a number of time to be quiet, she finally told them to “Shut up” in English. The four pupils went straight to the Head Teacher in the next break and said that my partner / their teacher had told them to “håll käften”, which is far worse in Swedish than "shut-up" in English.

My partner was immediately called to the Head Teacher’s Office to explain, which she did, and the Head Teacher said that the matter was closed.

Problem was that the four pupils went home to their respective parents and totld them that their teacher had told them to “håll käften” and the parents complained to the school.

Two days later my partner was called to a meeting together with Facket for a verbal disciplinary warning.

My partner now wants to leave the teaching profession and is looking for another job.
+
Bsmith
post 20.Mar.2019, 02:18 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (DuneSunny @ 20.Mar.2019, 01:09 PM) *
My partner is a teacher and had a similar experience. She was asked to teach English in a colleagues class who was off ill (due to stress). The class was known to be difficult ... (show full quote)

I had good years and bad years over my career. There definitely were times I wanted to quit, too. But I stuck it out and, overall, it was a good profession. I feel I made a difference in some kid's lives, raised my family and now have a pension. My advice to your partner: don't let one bad instance derail your career.
+
DuneSunny
post 20.Mar.2019, 03:05 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 20.Mar.2019, 02:18 PM) *
My advice to your partner: don't let one bad instance derail your career.

Unfortunately, this wasn't the first instance, more the straw that broke the camels back. You are in pension, but form what i understand from my partner, the teaching profession in Sweden has changed completely in recent years, especially since the change in law that all teachers and assistant head-teachers must be behörig, it has put a terrible strain on the profession with pressures from both politicians and parents, so you get pressure from all sides.

My partner has decided the profession is no longer for them.
+
Gjeebes
post 20.Mar.2019, 04:55 PM
Post #44

DuneSunny: sorry to hear of this. I'd gathered this reported "scenario" would not be a singular event; I'm not at all surprised to learn of wide-spread lack of discipline.

It is a shame, the way the Swedish system is set-up. Discipline is a "hate-crime" of sorts, thereby permitting all sorts of anti-social behaviour, that sees no correction. And those attempting to uphold "standard", are culpable.

Sad sad.

And perhaps worse is that these little "entitlitos" end up at the universities, wasting tax-payer money and furthering the scope/reach/severity of their entitlements.

So very very glad to be gone from that place. So refreshing it is, to be in a place where education is valued. Where teachers are valued.
+
skogsbo
post 20.Mar.2019, 07:40 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 20.Mar.2019, 03:55 PM) *
So very very glad to be gone from that place. So refreshing it is, to be in a place where education is valued. Where teachers are valued.

That perfect land you now inhabit? But won't disclose?

Is that in case people start googling and linking articles to show it has just as many problems as any other country?
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
43 User(s) are reading this topic (43 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: