The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Daylight savings time

who needs it?

Svensksmith
post 10.Mar.2014, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Here, in the US, the clocks have been shifted an hour ahead for daylight savings time. Personally I just don't see the logic in this. It's like cutting six inches off the bottom of your bedsheets and sewing it on the top. Doesn't really serve any function.

When does Sweden go on DST and how do you feel about it?
Go to the top of the page
+
LauraCristescu
post 10.Mar.2014, 05:34 PM
Post #2

I think it has to do with taking advantage of the daylight, and thus saving on fuel of all kind. I like it, it's like an alarm clock for spring biggrin.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Mar.2014, 06:38 PM
Post #3

Choose your side in this debate!!!

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/daylig...ing-debate.html
+
skogsbo
post 11.Mar.2014, 07:25 AM
Post #4

there are no benefits in Summer, the benefit is in the Autumn shift. It's designed to keep a higher proportion of the working/school day in daylight. 'They' claim that there are also more accidents in the dark commuter hours on a morning, than the evening ones, probably because people are more alert still etc. so daylight would help in sharpening folk a little. I don't mind it either way, it's just like a tradition, so why change it?

I think the bigger problem are countries which choose to be in a time zone for business reason that doesn't match their solar day, There was a map recently online somewhere showing this, but I can't find it.

Sweden, I've not checked, but last weekend in March I think is the switch over.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: