The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Your coldest day in Sweden

Alfredo
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:00 PM
Post #1

You haven't really experienced Sweden, unless you've experienced bogey-freezing weather, in my opinion, and beyond that, when it dips below 30 minus ...

Have you been there yet, and how was it for you?
Go to the top of the page
+
*Dicamus*
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:09 PM
Post #2

Not seen -30 yet, the coldest for me so far was -16 on Sunday morning :shock: :shock:

I am in Kronoberg Läns
+
Princess P
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:11 PM
Post #3

Same here. I don't really know what that's like either as I took one look at the thermometer, made myself a cup of tea and then hid under the douvet to wait for spring.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:19 PM
Post #4

I think about minus 10, and it was ok apart from the nose. If I could remember how to knit, I'd design small wollen nose-warmers to attach round the ears, because at that temperature I cease to care about my appearance, and nobody bothers to look up in that weather anyway.
+
Alfredo
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:28 PM
Post #5

It was a couple of years ago, when I was driving up around Falun one afternoon, and the temperature guage flicked over from -29 to -30 ... and I was thinking holy shit, can it go any lower ... stopped at -32.

I noticed freaky things start happening with the car at these temperatures, so I prefer not to take it out for a spin these days.

Record so far this year: -24, early Monday morning.

Unfortunately, being a pet owner, with a pet who needs to widdle outside, I had to go out several times, and this is my advice:

1) Get yourself a fish as a pet

or

2) If you must be like Scott of the Antarctic, put on those unglamourous ''täckbyxor'', because that will give you an extra 30 seconds before you start thinking how fcuking cold it is ...
+
Princess P
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:31 PM
Post #6

I want to ask a question about this post but am too scared in case I get banned. sad.gif
+
Alfredo
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:33 PM
Post #7

Fire away, Miss Princess, better to have lived and got banned than never to have got livid ...
+
Princess P
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:34 PM
Post #8

Ok. But don't laugh at my stupidity.

When temperatures get that low, how to you prevent icicles forming on doggy willies as they wee?
+
Alfredo
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:37 PM
Post #9

Sorry, can't help you there, my dog has no willy.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:38 PM
Post #10

Surely the warmth of the wee itself prevents icing? Unless he pees really slowly or for an incredibly long time.
+
Alfredo
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:39 PM
Post #11

You some kind of veterinary or summat?
+
Princess P
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:41 PM
Post #12

But what about afterwards when it's just a bit drippy?
+
Alfredo
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:44 PM
Post #13

Oh purrlease, it's not that freakin' cold - you've been watching too much of that Mr Freeze superhero guy ...
+
jim747
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:46 PM
Post #14

Snap it off and throw it away.

The coldest iv'e seen it here was -21 last winter, I was living 25kms from Umeå and it was a crap winter. This year i'm living in town and already seen a couple of -16's.

I went for a wee wander round Nydala today and it was fabbo, blue sky, sun shining, and -10, wierd when one side of your nose runs constantly and the bogies in the other are frozen solid.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 7.Jan.2009, 05:46 PM
Post #15

No, I just like to get my teeth into a good intellectual debate now and again.

You could wipe the drips off, depending on how fond you are of the dog and whether anyone is watching and might get the wrong idea (which reminds me, there used to be a homeless crazee lady who was often to be seen in 1980s Finchley masturbating her dog. I saw her get arrested for it once). I would probably just leave them there, they'll melt when he gets back inside and how much harm can icicles do to a willy?
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: