The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Low percentage of hospital beds

Corona virus concerns Sweden

skogsbo
post 3.Mar.2020, 07:48 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Essingen55 @ 3.Mar.2020, 05:31 PM) *
You still need to put them in a bed and already the lack of beds in the UK seems to be becoming an issue.... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-...MILES-away.html

But not everyone who gets it will be ill, some won't have any symptoms at all, so not everyone will be hospitalised. It's pointless trying to hospital quarantine everyone, everyone should be given instructions on how to home quarantine.

Daily mail... it's like expressen or afton bladet... everything is always a drama, crisis or disaster.
Go to the top of the page
+
Essingen55
post 3.Mar.2020, 08:12 PM
Post #17

Daily mail... it's like expressen or afton bladet... everything is always a drama, crisis or disaster.

Absolutely, you feel like they really want to bring it on. Terrible newspaper, but nevertheless a source of information.

+
skogsbo
post 3.Mar.2020, 08:30 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Essingen55 @ 3.Mar.2020, 08:12 PM) *
Absolutely, you feel like they really want to bring it on. Terrible newspaper, but nevertheless a source of information.

It's free, but does require a common sense filter. Sadly I think many DM readers don't possess one of these. It's like the Sun for people who think they are educated or middle class!!

Wait until the first Brit dies from corona in the UK, it'll go into meltdown.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Mar.2020, 09:13 PM
Post #19

But the reality is...nobody is really prepared for a pandemic and the ones that do not get into a "regular" hospital will be housed in any available spaces...

Like always...
+
Alexandra92
post 17.Mar.2020, 04:03 PM
Post #20

I am Swedish and live in Stockholm (the capital) and I can say that here it is no fun to be here right now. I hope everything will be settled soon. I am most worried about the economy and how it will effect us.

I found a good article that actually gave good tips how to protect our economy against cornavirus. In swedish : S? skyddar man sin ekonomi mot coronavirus

You can translate it also, hope this is helpful for someone.

+
ersel
post 25.Mar.2020, 07:04 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Alexandra92 @ 17.Mar.2020, 04:03 PM) *
I am Swedish and live in Stockholm (the capital) and I can say that here it is no fun to be here right now. I hope everything will be settled soon. I am most worried about the ... (show full quote)

Regarding the part in bold, which seems to be both mental focus of the people in this country, and to a large extent of the media;
has it ever occurred to many of you that you should be primarily worried for the health and lives of the people, in the first instance, and stop be obsessed with the money, profit and losses?

Other countries are taking drastic measures as we speak; here it seems like the common mentality is "it will never happen here, it has happened there since they have done everything wrong"...

Well, taking this disease lightly and having focus mentally on other aspects of it, primarily, can easily be a recipe for disaster.

"not fun being in Stockholm right now" - for what exact reason?

+
enigmus-se
post 2.Apr.2020, 12:44 PM
Post #22

Exakt. Economy of all lands will be ruined, so what? Look att all east european lands under communism when economy was disaster under 45 years, no one could afford much but no one was starving. People will adapt, there will be no trips to Tajland for some years, but is it important?
+
Mib
post 2.Apr.2020, 04:24 PM
Post #23

+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Apr.2020, 08:03 PM
Post #24

The reality is that no country has enough beds to handle what is happening now, however just like New York and other places space is available to cover the need...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Apr.2020, 03:15 PM
Post #25

I read somewhere that Britain was thinking about doing the same thing, I only mention that because to some it seems a viable way to deal with this problem.

Only time will tell...
+
cootje1976
post 3.Apr.2020, 05:58 PM
Post #26

The Swedish prime minister just confirmed that they expect thousands of deaths in Sweden due to the virus.

So buckle up people; it will be a bumpy ride.

The above may have been mitigated by more stringent measures, but yeah. Lets see where this shit takes us.

All that propping up of the economy may be all lost of the healthcare crashes where this shit is headed now. Basically the only good thing this virus did, is exposing the Swedish mentality and the obvious cracks in the system. The refugee crisis is nothing compared to this....

But Swedes will not wise up, that is my humble opinion; maybe they will surprise us, but yeah.

What I see happening is that in a couple of weeks the countries that followed the more extreme line will have started to have flatten out the curve, and that Sweden will at that moment be the next big hotspot and be shut off from the rest of the world, or at least everyone from Sweden needs to go in a 14 day quarantine wherever they go.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Apr.2020, 06:18 PM
Post #27

"You seem to be as behind in the current information flow as Sweden."

A pretty snotty reply!!!

I mentioned it because at one time various methods were being discussed and this one was considered...that's all...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Apr.2020, 08:00 PM
Post #28

"So buckle up people; it will be a bumpy ride."

Almost...A La "Margo Channing"...|
+
skogsbo
post 3.Apr.2020, 09:45 PM
Post #29

Tegnell was on skavlan tonight and it has to be said I've warmed to his approach. Time will tell. I'm more concerned for the USA.
+
cootje1976
post 3.Apr.2020, 10:13 PM
Post #30

QUOTE (Gamla H?lsingebock @ 3.Apr.2020, 07:00 PM) *
"So buckle up people; it will be a bumpy ride.". Almost...A La "Margo Channing"...|

Or in ebonics;

"We be fucked"
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: