The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Midsummer related parties!

In or around Falun

Ainsley
post 17.Nov.2019, 01:27 PM
Post #1

Hej!

Well be visiting Falun in mid-June for my wife's bithday and the midsummer celebrations. What I'd like to know is whether or not there would be likely to be any organised midsummer events, or if we would just hope to befriend and tag along with someone?

Tack!
Ains
Go to the top of the page
+
TheExpatEagle
post 17.Nov.2019, 08:06 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Ainsley @ 17.Nov.2019, 02:27 PM) *
Hej!Well be visiting Falun in mid-June for my wife's bithday and the midsummer celebrations. What I'd like to know is whether or not there would be likely to be an ... (show full quote)

I can't speak for Falun but in major cities Midsummer is the biggest holiday in Sweden, bigger than Christmas. It is the only holiday they move, it is always the following Friday whereas Christmas is on a Sunday if it is on a Sunday.

It is most usually a family event and people often disappear to their country houses. All shops will be closed, even McDonalds whereas a lot are open Christmas Day, even McDonalds. So make sure you don't need to buy anything after 15.00 until 12.00 the next day.

Falun is quite rural so I'd expect it to be worse than how I just described a big city.
+
skogsbo
post 17.Nov.2019, 08:18 PM
Post #3

There will be local stuff open to anyone where ever you are. Often in the local town parks, or if they have some old historic building or village hall (google bygdegården or hembygdsgården)
+
Anders
post 20.Nov.2019, 08:46 PM
Post #4

It is not uncommon to join a public event for the pole dancing and then have a private party with food and alcohol.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: