The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
77 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications - Autumn 2018

Merit Ratings and Status Update

biswajit
post 27.Feb.2018, 09:18 PM
Post #286

QUOTE (FarahM @ 27.Feb.2018, 11:06 PM) *
What if I get admitted to my fourth choice. Does it mean that my first choice won't consider my application?

It's exactly as Billie said. Just that if you have a reserved status for ur initial choices the later applications will be considered rather than getting deleted.
Go to the top of the page
+
biswajit
post 27.Feb.2018, 09:24 PM
Post #287

QUOTE (kenzo @ 28.Feb.2018, 01:12 AM) *
Hi guys I'm happy that I've found the forum! I think it's a great place to help each other with regards to the applications.I've applied for a Master in Go ... (show full quote)

Hey Kenzo, As far as I Know While assessing, universities divide the applications in different groups on the basis of regions (EU/Sweden/Non-EU) and each application is given a score with in it's group. I don't think the rating will change but higher the score the better chance you have.
+
John123
post 27.Feb.2018, 09:25 PM
Post #288

Just to clarify, decision day is April 6th?
+
kenzo
post 27.Feb.2018, 09:52 PM
Post #289

QUOTE (biswajit @ 27.Feb.2018, 09:24 PM) *
Hey Kenzo, As far as I Know While assessing, universities divide the applications in different groups on the basis of regions (EU/Sweden/Non-EU) and each application is given ... (show full quote)

Thanks! I'm just worried because it seems I've 180 points equivalent to the ECTS points of my bachelor. I'm not sure if they also take my final grade into consideration.

QUOTE (John123 @ 27.Feb.2018, 09:25 PM) *
Just to clarify, decision day is April 6th?

Yes, you're right! smile.gif
+
michel
post 27.Feb.2018, 10:45 PM
Post #290

Hi! Cool... I'm not the only one having that damn 180/285. laugh.gif

I'm not good at math, but it seems like a lousy score to me... here http://statistik.uhr.se/ it says totalt antal sökande 493... 493! 493! 493! The "admission places" of my course are 30... 30! 30! 30!

Honestly, I don't understand the reason why they gave me that lousy 180. Why 180? I already have a master's degree obtained in Italy with the highest score; I have an IELTS academic certificate, achieved with a score of 6.5 (overall)... yeah not so much, my English is not very good but 6,5 is more than what is requested. What could I do more?

I have to make some very important life decisions next weeks and this merit rating doesn't give me hope. sad.gif
+
dks
post 27.Feb.2018, 11:37 PM
Post #291

180 are your automatically credited points based on your bachelors degree. If you happen to have a 4 year degree(240) or already a masters, the rest of the credits are added manually afterwards. That's what i remember reading in the 2017 topic.
+
fiefiea
post 28.Feb.2018, 01:45 AM
Post #292

QUOTE (biswajit @ 27.Feb.2018, 09:13 PM) *
Hey FieFiea, That's a bit skeptical to explain but here goes : you are now in the waiting list of Chalmers and let's say you got an admit to Gothenburg which is ur 2nd ... (show full quote)

Hi Biswajit, thanks for your feedback.

Are we given the chance to accept the offer first before the below choices are voided? Or our response is unnecessary?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
+
Billie
post 28.Feb.2018, 08:06 AM
Post #293

Hi I've already made this entry but it looks like it got deleted somehow. So again;

Hi there you all!
I'm a fee paying non EU student.

I've applied to the following MSc programs;

1. Chalmers TU - Architecture and Planing Beyond Sustainability (IN PROGRESS)
2. Chalmers TU - Architecture and Urban Design (IN PROGRESS)
3. KTH - Sustainable Urban Planing and Design (IN PROGRESS)
4. KTH - Architecture (IN PROGRESS)

My CGPA is 3.68/4, though as I'm an architecture student, they will probably consider the portfolio as the main criteria for admission which I'm not very confident of. But obviously one can never know, as there is no grading for portfolios.

My university is ranked 421-430 in QS. And its #1 in my home country(yaaay!).

As you can clearly see from my application, KTH is not much of an option for me, mainly because Stockholm is too expensive for me, I didn't want to give a priority to KTH.

SO NOW, MY QUESTION IS:

Chalmers TU - Architecture and Planing Beyond Sustainability looks still open for late application. Does that mean they haven't received enough applications or do you think that they didn't like the applications they have received so they seek more?

Thanks in advance for your response and good luck to all!
+
biswajit
post 28.Feb.2018, 08:15 AM
Post #294

QUOTE (fiefiea @ 28.Feb.2018, 06:15 AM) *
Hi Biswajit, thanks for your feedback. . Are we given the chance to accept the offer first before the below choices are voided? Or our response is unnecessary? . Thanks in advance! . Cheers,

If your 1st choice were in reserve and u get an admit for ur 2nd choice and afterwards if u get an admit for ur 1st choice then yes.
+
biswajit
post 28.Feb.2018, 08:20 AM
Post #295

QUOTE (Billie @ 28.Feb.2018, 12:36 PM) *
Hi I've already made this entry but it looks like it got deleted somehow. So again;Hi there you all!I'm a fee paying non EU student.I've applied to the followi ... (show full quote)

1. You can check this site "http://statistik.uhr.se/" for any application related statistics.

2. I can't say for sure why they are still open but its definitely not about liking or disliking any applications. but you can rest assured this will not affect ur application. smile.gif
+
KingZi
post 28.Feb.2018, 09:52 AM
Post #296

QUOTE (chenshifei @ 27.Feb.2018, 03:50 PM) *
Thank you Zi for being so warm and positive all the way. Wish you all the best too!

Cheers, buddy!

QUOTE (Adnan1811 @ 27.Feb.2018, 04:38 PM) *
Thnx Zi biggrin.gif. bt i guess i will be broken heart if i dont make it to Sweden. sad.gif

You will, fingers crossed!

If it doesn't work out, you can apply for the next semester.

Remember... Improvise, Overcome, Adapt!

Cheers!

Zi
+
michel
post 28.Feb.2018, 10:09 AM
Post #297

QUOTE (biswajit @ 28.Feb.2018, 08:20 AM) *
1. You can check this site "http://statistik.uhr.se/" for any application related statistics. 2. I can't say for sure why they are still open but its definitely ... (show full quote)

May I ask you a question about that site? If on the field "Fritext" I put in my course code, it says "totalt antal sökande 490", but if I click "Antal kvinnor / män" instead of "Totala antalet sökande" the numbers are different, much lower than 490: "Kvinnor totalt 7 Män totalt 11 Kvinnor 1: a hand 5 Män 1: a hand 3 ". 11 + 7 = 18... which is the same number that comes for the students "Med SvPnr totalt" in the tab "Antal med svenskt personnummer". Med SvPnr + Utan SvPnr = 490. Bang!

The "admission places" of my course are 30, could you confirm we are 490 students fighting for a small 30 places spot? I would like to understand the thing.

Thanks, M.
+
em1987
post 28.Feb.2018, 10:13 AM
Post #298

QUOTE (fiefiea @ 27.Feb.2018, 08:23 AM) *
I'm quoting myself, ha! I have a question, if let say, I get a spot in Chalmers, would it still be possible for me to drop that offer and go with Gothenburg instead? A ... (show full quote)

I think someone already answered this pretty well, but if you know you are no longer interested in, your some of your original higher-ranked programs (maybe you want to go to #3 and no longer care about #1 and #2), I think you have the option to delete them *before* the decision is made. And obviously before the selection process nears its final stages since the applications get locked.

Maybe that's all obvious but I figured better to mention than not.
+
John123
post 28.Feb.2018, 10:42 AM
Post #299

I have some documents to send in but will my whole application change to late? I was thinking of just sending it to the university im applying to but i imagine this is not allowed?
+
biswajit
post 28.Feb.2018, 11:28 AM
Post #300

QUOTE (michel @ 28.Feb.2018, 02:39 PM) *
May I ask you a question about that site? If on the field "Fritext" I put in my course code, it says "totalt antal sökande 490", but if I click "Anta ... (show full quote)

I am a little confused about the 1st paragraph u wrote as I always translate the pages tongue.gif.

About the admission places, it changes every year based on the no of applications.
+

77 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: