The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

DIAPER Challenges in Gothenburg

Are there anyway to buy cost effective diapers

bhansalisid
post 12.Sep.2016, 03:36 PM
Post #1

I am trying to locate place from where I can buy diapers in bulk, buying them a pack at time certainly means a lot of money. All the super markets charge 100 sek per pack and my experience from other countries is you can certainly get great discounts on diaper if you buy in quantity.

Willys/Hemkop do give diapers for 57-70 krones from time to time which means the margins are pretty good on these.

Are there shops/ online sites that can be used to buy diapers in Gothenburg?
Go to the top of the page
+
smullyan
post 14.Sep.2016, 09:13 AM
Post #2

There are a bunch of sites you can sign up to for a free "baby bag" when you first have a baby. These bags are stuffed full of different sample products to try but you also get put on a coupon mailing list. Every month we get a handful of coupons on diapers that are usually something along the lines of buy 3 get 100 kr off. When combined with our 10% off coupon we get from ICA every month here in Gothenburg we usually bulk up on libero diapers once a month for about 60kr a pack after discount then the usual 104kr or so. It doesn't really take much effort, the diapers are good quality and its a pretty significant savings after having two small kids.
+
Emerentia
post 14.Sep.2016, 09:50 AM
Post #3

I don't know much about diapers, or Göteborg, but I've heard that diapers are really cheap in Norway, about half the price compared to Sweden (about the only thing that's cheaper in Norway than Sweden). So if you or a friend plan to go there anyway, and have a car, then it could be a great idea to buy some there.

The cheapest way seems to be to use some old t-shirts.
http://www.pennilessparenting.com/2011/03/...ss-parents.html
+
LLHope
post 14.Sep.2016, 11:50 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (bhansalisid @ 12.Sep.2016, 02:36 PM) *
Willys/Hemkop do give diapers for 57-70 krones from time to time which means the margins are pretty good on these.
It might just surprise you to learn that nappies have negative margins for the supermarkets here. They are considered mainly as a loss-leader. The supermarkets most often sell them below cost-price to draw the entire family into the supermarket as they are likely to buy other baby related products that do have high margins, as well as doing their other shopping in the store. Most families with babies do not often split their shopping across various stores, too much hassle with the little ones in tow wink.gif
+
Kalyissa
post 15.Sep.2016, 07:04 AM
Post #5

If you join Coop they do 20% off pampers and if you sign up to pampers you also get 50 kr off 2 packs. Then the price for two packs is around 120kr
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: