The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
35 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »    Reply to this topic

My experience "trying" to move to Sweden

Please god, just end me now

gsurya
post 28.Jan.2018, 12:17 PM
Post #76

QUOTE (SecondHandCountry @ 27.Jan.2018, 11:21 PM) *
Sweden is only good to build a career path in an important company that can give your CV the hype other companies are looking for. Then time to move on to a better place.

It must take a lot of bravery or self loathing to post such stuff publicly that makes you look like a completely whiner & loser biggrin.gif

Every country has its pros & cons, Sweden is one of the top 10 countries by many standards.
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Jan.2018, 10:04 PM
Post #77

It sounds like you are barely scraping by in a country you don't like when you could be barely scraping by in a country you love...
+
Svedallas
post 28.Jan.2018, 10:35 PM
Post #78

QUOTE (SecondHandCountry @ 28.Jan.2018, 09:21 PM) *
I live in sweden just for work, that's the only reason.In my country I can do:I don't find women scared of making eye contact with me.We can start a conversation at th ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (SecondHandCountry @ 28.Jan.2018, 09:36 PM) *
Calling me loser without knowing me, only shows how emotionally limited you are, which is not uncommon in your culture. As I said swedish culture is characterized for PASSIVE ... (show full quote)

Another moaner. I feel sorry for you...
+
gsurya
post 28.Jan.2018, 11:51 PM
Post #79

QUOTE (SecondHandCountry @ 28.Jan.2018, 09:36 PM) *
Calling me loser without knowing me, only shows how emotionally limited you are, which is not uncommon in your culture. As I said swedish culture is characterized for PASSIVE ... (show full quote)

I migrated to Sweden from India. Yes India, has a ton of backward cultural issues, we will take decades to fix them. Sweden is far ahead in most aspects. No shame in admitting that at all.

And yes, over the last 20 years, I have lived in USA, Denmark, Singapore & now Sweden because I found good work that matched my abilities & was better rewarded, which I couldnt in India. What is the wrong with that?

For all your Sweden bashing, you have failed to state which country you originate from where would you rather live, which would be far better than Sweden?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2018, 12:15 AM
Post #80

"QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 28.Jan.2018, 10:04 PM) *
It sounds like you are barely scraping by in a country you don't like when you could be barely scraping by in a country you love...

My only problem in my home country is having a stable job. We have everything else by far better and more assesible than in sweden.

Housing specially is a piece of trash and a pyramid scheme in sweden.

I am an educated person, with an education, dealing with a culture that claims superior above everybody else but then I see a massive lack of self stem that is reflected in a passive violent attitude.

I have been reading your comments and you always discredit others by saying the same as them couldn't adapt to their own country then why could they adapt to sweden... that by itself shows the type of old classicist you are.

Why are you living in the US?. Why don't you just move to your mighty sweden?. Maybe you couldn't adapt to the way of life in sweden and you had to move to the US in search of a better, less dark life?, away from people who don't feel anything for anybody?. Away from people who behave like robots?.

Why come that a person who loves Sweden so much but then you live in the US?."

My comments on this thread were brought about by what you wrote here...

I thought that I showed a bit of understanding to your words about jobs and happiness...If you want to antagonize me, then go ahead, I can take whatever you can serve up!!! And reply in kind...
+
intrepidfox
post 29.Jan.2018, 07:01 PM
Post #81

QUOTE (SecondHandCountry @ 29.Jan.2018, 06:23 PM) *
It's amazing how swedes themselves have no idea what's happening. Never seen such level of lack of awareness.

I agree with that statement. I have almost been here 30 years and the Swedes don´t have a lack of awareness, they are very naive, like sheep believing what the politicians say.

It´s a shame as they are great people but they cannot think for themselves.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2018, 07:29 PM
Post #82

"Now I ask you and this is a serious question. If you love sweden so much, if you think sweden is so amazing and perfect then, what are you doing in the US?.

So Mr Gamla, tell us your story. Tell me why a man like you who firmly believes in his country, cannot live in sweden and had to move to the US. Maybe you haven't been able to adapt to mighty swedish way of life?. Or simply that in the US you can have a normal conversation with another human being without having to see people avoiding eye contact?."

Somebody must have passed you a bad "joint", were did you get that nonsense from???

I point out and try to explain that most of the problems people have in Sweden is that they always compare it to their culture and what they grew up with...And cannot accept things being different... That's it in a nutshell...
+
syrinx32123
post 30.Jan.2018, 02:17 AM
Post #83

so did you ever get a personnummer?
+
gsurya
post 30.Jan.2018, 06:57 AM
Post #84

QUOTE (SecondHandCountry @ 29.Jan.2018, 06:23 PM) *
So for the hype sweden has as a mighty country where everybody is happy and everything is perfect, I think sweden has a few serious issues, starting from housing which is mass ... (show full quote)

I dont think a single Swede, with any level of self-awareness, will say that everything is happy & perfect in Sweden!! That is the case with every single country on earth.

All I am saying that, in total considering all aspects of work-life, Sweden is one of the top 10 countries in the world, of course there are always areas which can improve.

You still havent told us which country you consider better than Sweden and on what grounds and then we can debate the comparison.
+
bonviveur
post 30.Jan.2018, 08:34 AM
Post #85

Sweden is fine to live in, as long as you are introvert,there is no need to adapt to anything, I am and speak from my own experience,if you are not such a person, then it is diferent story
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jan.2018, 04:08 PM
Post #86

"Lagom" does not allow for bragging/boasting about anything that is considered superior by others...What was the source of your information before you moved to Sweden???

There is a lot written by non Swedes about the supposed perfect Swedish "model" that is not true...
+
Svedallas
post 31.Jan.2018, 07:35 PM
Post #87

QUOTE (SecondHandCountry @ 31.Jan.2018, 06:52 PM) *
My personal experience about swedes is that they think they are infallible and their mistakes are different or not as bad as others. They act as if everything they do had to b ... (show full quote)

Remind us why you are in Sweden then?
+
Apache001
post 31.Jan.2018, 07:43 PM
Post #88

Empathy does not exist here, in Sweden you are on your own and if you run into any problems then rush to the government. I don’t really know if this lack of empathy is a result of jantelagen but it makes Swedes appear very heartless to me, to a point I am willing to walk away from helping a Swede in danger. I just pray I don’t become like Swedes in this regard.

That’s why they can sit at home and use blade to cut themselves. They give up easily because they know nobody cares about them.

As for housing problem, I don’t think the reason for that problem is hard to understand, it’s bascially a result of social and love life in Sweden. Majority are separated and divorced and many people are living single and alone. The guys are single playing video games and chips, the girls are single sitting on iPhone all day. When separated and divorced with kids, the man and woman need to have separate apartments with more rooms to accommodate the kids in both residence.

As for dropping you and not caring about your feelings, it’s still boils down to their lack of empathy and heartlessness. When I deal with Swedes I place them on my shoulder, when they act all cocky I just drop them, as for foreigners with real social human relations, I go extra mile.

One observation is everywhere I went is that anything NORTHERN is very extreme and have particularly strange things. Take example Northern Europe and northern Sweden, compare northern Cyprus and southern Cyprus, just list all the northern places you know and there you see some weird shits going on.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jan.2018, 08:22 PM
Post #89

"Swedes appear very heartless to me, to a point I am willing to walk away from helping a Swede in danger. I just pray I don’t become like Swedes in this regard."

A bit confusing that remark...Didn't you just become what you think Swedes are like???

In a previous post you mentioned that you left a Swedish co-worker, whose car would not start alone in the car park in a snow storm...or something close to that...

Isn't that the epitome of empathy???

You sound very swedish to me rolleyes.gif
+
HorstRadisch
post 1.Feb.2018, 06:04 AM
Post #90

"I'm curious to hear if anyone else has enjoyed Swedish bureaucracy?"

I've been here for 25 years - never a problem. Got here just before Sweden joined the EU - no problems with getting a resident's permit or a work permit.

Last year, fearful of Brexit, I applied to become a Swedish citizen. The entire process, including time in the postal system, took nine (yes, nine) days. The form was either six or eight pages (I forget which), but I gather the British equivalent form is 83 pages long? And I'll bet London has NEVER processed an application in nine days - I'd need proof that they could do it in nine weeks! Whose bureaucracy do you think I prefer?
+

35 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: