The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Migrationsverket letter translation

What does it say?

wendist
post 5.Mar.2012, 05:43 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Fishtank @ 5.Mar.2012, 11:15 AM) *
Du behöver inte ha uppehålls- och arbetstillstånd för att bo och arbeta i Sverige så länge du har uppehållsrätt.>>You do need to have residence or work permit fo ... (show full quote)

Shouldn´t that sentence read "You do NOT need to have..." ?
Go to the top of the page
+
klubbnika
post 5.Mar.2012, 05:50 PM
Post #17

Eagle eye!
+
gplusa
post 5.Mar.2012, 06:47 PM
Post #18

This shit is just getting better by the minute. Now, according to our new official expert on everything Swedish, all Swedish kommuns have so much money that they can all print application forms in every language on the planet. It's not going to be a problem reading those completed forms because the kommuns only employ administration staff who are also equally fluent in every language. But, on the offchance that the poor office lady in Boden is a little rusty with her Swahili, they have bucket loads of money to shell out on interpreters.

The language is called Swedish, people. It's up to you to make the effort, not them.

How can one person, who has been here a matter of weeks, manage to drag so many threads down to the level of lunacy ? On another day I might have been impressed. It takes some doing to be so stupid so often.
+
johnjohn
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:02 PM
Post #19

Thank you. I start to address the specific translation issue but could not muster the energy. You have however more than adequately did. Thumbs up.
+
Streja
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:04 PM
Post #20

Swedish kommuner, landsting, courts and other public offices fork out money each year for interpreters. I should know. My mum makes a living from it, well not a lot of living but still. It is not weird to me to suggest a translation of a form that is more or less the same each year as far as I know.
But, I agree that it is a waste of money for SFI forms.
+
Streja
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:07 PM
Post #21

Oh, and sheesh...she's only trying to be nice to everyone British, trying to be loved by you all by suggesting that English is the most inmportant language in the world.

I know that I have been away for a few days but can we please get back to hating me instead of this young lassie? I have thicker skin, am older and am growing a beard. I can take it!
+
johnjohn
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:15 PM
Post #22

I believe the discussion revolved around not a form but rather letters regarding decisions which by their nature are specific to the individual and thus must be translated for each recipient. Please make mine American English, Boston Brahman thank you.
+
Streja
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:18 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (johnjohn @ 5.Mar.2012, 07:15 PM) *
I believe the discussion revolved around not a form but rather letters regarding decisions which by their nature are specific to the individual and thus must be translated for ... (show full quote)

I was trying to mediate! wink.gif

American English, Boston Brahman, is of course even more superior!

*hides in the corner to escape johnjohn's grapes of wrath*

Oi! Those are mushy!

edit: are there any good books from Boston?
+
johnjohn
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:23 PM
Post #24

"The Boston Strangler" wink.gif
+
Streja
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:24 PM
Post #25

LOL!!!

Now I am even more scared!
+
klubbnika
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:52 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (gplusa @ 5.Mar.2012, 05:47 PM) *
This shit is just getting better by the minute. Now, according to our new official expert on everything Swedish, all Swedish kommuns have so much money that they can all print ... (show full quote)

How is it with your reading comprehension? Is English your second langauge?

Where exactly did I say that " all Swedish kommuns have so much money that they can all print application forms in every language on the planet"? Quote please. If there are no quotes, I think you owe me an apology.

Secondly, how is it relevant how long time I have been on this forum? Is it YOUR PERSONAL forum where YOU decide who is allowed to speak based on the time spent here??

You and your likes here are a bunch of horrible, deluded bullies. You should be ashamed of yourself.
+
klubbnika
post 5.Mar.2012, 07:55 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Streja @ 5.Mar.2012, 06:07 PM) *
Oh, and sheesh...she's only trying to be nice to everyone British, trying to be loved by you all by suggesting that English is the most inmportant language in the world. I ... (show full quote)

No, I wasn't nice to everyone British on this forum. I was just stating the fact.
Why should I be nice to people who are not nice to me? Especially to a bunch of lowlife bullies calling themselves Brits here.

Besides, English is not important because of Britain, but because of the USA.
+
Streja
post 5.Mar.2012, 08:00 PM
Post #28

No, it's because of Britain. *hides from Johnjohn again*
After all Britain conquered what is now the US. They wouldn't speak English otherwise.

Ok, I should say England. No one is speaking Welsh in the US. *hides from all the welshies*

In fact I should just hide all the time!

Long live Jarvis!

*shoots and disappears into the mist*
+
klubbnika
post 5.Mar.2012, 08:02 PM
Post #29

Well, of course it depends on how long you want to go back in time in your explanation. smile.gif
+
Streja
post 5.Mar.2012, 08:03 PM
Post #30

smile.gif

I will support the English till I die! wink.gif
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: