The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Student Permit Extension from Abroad (Non EU)

Can I apply from another country?

post 12.Jun.2019, 08:01 PM
Post #1
Joined: 12.Jun.2019

Hi, I have started my studies in Jan 2018. My course is for 1.5 years. I initially got visa for a year. And then I extended my visa for another five months until the end of June (I applied for this extension in Jan, 2019). Now, I need to apply for an extension for another six months as I have courses left and also need to present my thesis. I have good credit improvement. However, the problem is, I came back to my home country(Non EU) in Feb and have been staying here for all this while and I cant go back to Sweden until the end of July. So, I have to apply for an extension before the end of June but I cant be in Sweden by then. Can I apply for the extension from my home country. I've heard from people that I have to be in Sweden to get the extension and that I might get rejected if am not. I've also been told that, I will have to apply for a new permit rather than extending. Is this true? Also, is this whole thing too much of a risk?
Hope to find some help.Thanks in Advance!
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: