The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Place to live in Stockholm

Where look for an apartment for family

Ritakapp
post 18.May.2019, 12:32 AM
Post #1

Hi everyone,

Me, my husband and our child (almost 2y.o.) are moving to Stockholm in several months.

May you please suggest the best area for us to rent an apartment?
My husband will work close to the city center. Ideally we want:
40 min max to the city center by public transport
Very safe&quite
Good kindergarten, ideally English
Hospitals, shops, etc.
Appr 15000kr for 1.5-2.5 room apartment

Would very appreciate your help!
Go to the top of the page
+
TheExpatEagle
post 20.May.2019, 07:09 PM
Post #2

As there has been a lack of replies I might be feeding a troll but here goes...

You stand zero chance of getting any rental apartment except a 2nd hand contract (sub-renting) which will be for a maximum (legally) for one year if they are not already renting it out.

As you probably won't be able to buy an apartment I would get your husband's employer to help arrange an apartment.

+
Ritakapp
post 20.May.2019, 09:51 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 20.May.2019, 09:09 PM) *
As there has been a lack of replies I might be feeding a troll but here goes...You stand zero chance of getting any rental apartment except a 2nd hand contract (sub-renting) w ... (show full quote)

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I know that situation is difficult with the renting.

My husband's employer works with the agency. They will find an apartment for us and the employer will act as a tenant. They ask about our preferences so I am trying to come with something. Hope it will be easier that way

+
IndianInStockholm
post 21.May.2019, 11:50 PM
Post #4

Ask for anything in Kungsholmen or Södermalm.

Make sure you're a short walking distance from a T-Bana (Underground) stop and you'll be fine. Public transport here is quite good and it's only a short ride to the city center.
+
Ritakapp
post 23.May.2019, 10:00 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (IndianInStockholm @ 22.May.2019, 01:50 AM) *
Ask for anything in Kungsholmen or Södermalm. Make sure you're a short walking distance from a T-Bana (Underground) stop and you'll be fine. Public transport here is ... (show full quote)

Thanks a lot for the advice!
I will send this information to the employer. Though I am not sure we will be able to find something there for our budget.
+
Svedallas
post 26.May.2019, 06:32 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Ritakapp @ 23.May.2019, 11:00 PM) *
Thanks a lot for the advice!. I will send this information to the employer. Though I am not sure we will be able to find something there for our budget.

A studio apartment in the city costs at least 15k.

Do your research, use GOOGLE!
+
Martian
post 3.Jun.2019, 04:11 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 26.May.2019, 07:32 PM) *
A studio apartment in the city costs at least 15k.. Do your research, use GOOGLE!

Everything is not on Google you muppet.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 3.Jun.2019, 06:22 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Martian @ 3.Jun.2019, 04:11 PM) *
Everything is not on Google you muppet.

Yes it is. This is Sweden everything is available online you just have to look! You muppet.
+
Martian
post 5.Jun.2019, 03:02 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (TheExpatEagle @ 3.Jun.2019, 07:22 PM) *
Yes it is. This is Sweden everything is available online you just have to look! You muppet.

You google searched for something and Google's ranking algorithm redirected you to the local.se. You saw that the information you are reading is irrelevant to what you want and you quickly created a forum post asking about real people's opinions about your needs. Some fools like "TheExpatEagle" and "Svedallas" quickly reply to your post and tell you to do your research by Googling for it without posting any useful information for the benefit of the OP and other people who will likely be in the same situation in the future. Who is the muppet now hmmmm?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 5.Jun.2019, 06:09 PM
Post #10

I Googled: "Find apartment in Stockholm"

Nine of the first eleven "hits" were not TheLocal.se!!!

This forum will now be known as the Muppet Place... rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
+
TheExpatEagle
post 5.Jun.2019, 07:06 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Martian @ 5.Jun.2019, 03:02 PM) *
You google searched for something and Google's ranking algorithm redirected you to the local.se. You saw that the information you are reading is irrelevant to what you wan ... (show full quote)

Why are you blaming me for your laziness? Sometimes I have to go through many pages on Google before I find what I am looking for. Am I superhuman or just not as thick as you?

My guess is you are as smart as me you are just lazier.

Answer a lazy person's question and you help them. Teach a lazy person to search and you'll help them for the rest of their life.

Daddy won't always be there to help you, go off into the big wide world and search.
+
Ritakapp
post 6.Jun.2019, 04:04 PM
Post #12

I actually did research and used Google. The problem is not in my laziness or something. The thing is you always want some real fresh experience. Many resources are outdated. Many questions on forums are answered like "you won't find anything in Stockholm stupid" that actually only adds panic...
I research blocket and bostaddirect and have some understanding of prices. But I don't have much information about kindergartens etc so I asked your advice
+
TheExpatEagle
post 6.Jun.2019, 07:13 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Ritakapp @ 6.Jun.2019, 04:04 PM) *
I actually did research and used Google. The problem is not in my laziness or something. The thing is you always want some real fresh experience. Many resources are outdated. ... (show full quote)

My comments were not aimed at you but the poster who started to get narky.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: