The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

How do I find a waitress to serve drinks & nibbles

For a small private party?

ITkiwi
post 18.Jul.2012, 08:13 PM
Post #1

Evening all, been a while.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We have a party coming up in a few weeks and am looking for a waitress to serve drinks etc but can't for the life of me find any 'student job search' type sites.

Any tips?

Cheers

p.s. We're in Uppsala
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 18.Jul.2012, 10:04 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (ITkiwi @ 18.Jul.2012, 09:13 PM) *
We have a party coming up in a few weeks and am looking for a waitress to serve drinks etc

Does the 'etc' include any other expectations (security/bodyguard service for example) ? If not, you should look for a 'servitris', as e.g. here :

http://www.tjanstefolk.se/tag/servitris

~~~PDX~~~
+
ITkiwi
post 18.Jul.2012, 10:27 PM
Post #3

Thanks for the link PDX - no other expectations, just to serve drinks and nibbles (with professionalism of course). My wife used two similar sites last week and is yet to hear back from either of them but has just thrown something onto the site supplied so will see how we go.

Cheers
+
AW1
post 19.Jul.2012, 07:45 AM
Post #4

Could you post something in the university? There must be some students who would appreciate some extra cash.
+
skogsbo
post 19.Jul.2012, 08:09 AM
Post #5

If you are stuck go to a local restaurant and see if you can hire one of their staff or they might have a list of reserve staff. Just explain you are not poaching.
+
*Guest*
post 19.Jul.2012, 11:34 AM
Post #6

Yah, best bet is to find a server/bartender you like from a restaurant you frequent and just ask them if they are up for it. Its actually not that unusual, my wife and I have been in the business a long time and my wife has been asked to do a bunch of parties as have many coworkers over the years.
+
ITkiwi
post 19.Jul.2012, 11:36 AM
Post #7

AW1> Good advice and something we have just tried so now waiting for a response.

skogsbo / > Also good advice and is our last resort that we'd action next week if we haven't progressed this any further by then (I have a few local haunts I'm more than comfortable fronting up to.

Thanks again!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: