The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Buying a holiday house

Help required...

*allinmark*
post 19.Dec.2014, 06:13 AM
Post #16

Thats really a cool...! Appreciateable one guys.
Go to the top of the page
+
oldscot1
post 19.Dec.2014, 12:48 PM
Post #17

I bought a summer cottage some years ago. In dalarna. If you buy one for year round use, you will find it more expensive to buy , and has been said, better insulated, and with all services. Water, electric and waste. Some where like Dalarna it can be let through the local turist or camping place, which can off set the running costs. Mine cost about 2 thousand a year to run on avarage, inclusive.
The fishing in Dalarna is good, all the way to Idre, but not brilliant. The best fishing is lapland. 1 kilo grayling, 3 and 4 kilo trout, arctic char, hard to catch but good to eat. That is game fishing. If you want coarse fishing , southern Sweden is a better prospect. Look at Swedish record fish sizes and see where they were caught. The problem is one can be spoilt. I have spent a few weekends in spring on a famous salmon river. Too early for salmon, too late for sea trout they allow coarse fishing. DAce bigger than the UK record, roach of 1 to 2 lb one after the other. Too much of a good thing.
It is such a huge country with so many places to fish, it is like being a child in a sweet shop. Decisions, decisions.
Go to the top of the page
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: