The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Housing loan on work permit

Danske Bank rejection

gsurya
post 17.Jan.2019, 05:01 AM
Post #1

I have a work permit in Sweden and am now looking for an apartment. I contacted Danske Bank, who has been my banker since 1998 and got this rejection.

I am going to talk to a couple of other banks now. What is the experience of others here with banks in Sweden?

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
+
wallace1837
post 17.Jan.2019, 05:12 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (gsurya @ 17.Jan.2019, 05:01 AM) *
I have a work permit in Sweden and am now looking for an apartment. I contacted Danske Bank, who has been my banker since 1998 and got this rejection. I am going to talk to a ... (show full quote)

The fact that you cannot prove that you will be legal in Sweden in less than nine months is a great incentive for any lender to deny you any form of loan.

Get yourself a legal status that will last longer than the repayment period of the loan you seek and they may take you seriously.
+
gsurya
post 19.Jan.2019, 08:25 AM
Post #3

More hilarious banking *service* from Danske Bank.

After the rejection, they sent me a pre-approval for a housing loan. When I wrote back to them for clarification, withdrew the pre-approval claiming *technical issues* laugh.gif

Never faced such incompetence even from the worst state run bank in India in 3 decades!

Attached Image

+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 19.Jan.2019, 09:39 AM
Post #4

An obvious example of Skåne-Nazism!!! tongue.gif
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 19.Jan.2019, 10:52 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (gsurya @ 19.Jan.2019, 08:25 AM) *
More hilarious banking *service* from Danske Bank. After the rejection, they sent me a pre-approval for a housing loan. When I wrote back to them for clarification, withdrew ... (show full quote)

You are free to return to the superior country of India at any time.
+
Uncle Fred
post 19.Jan.2019, 01:10 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 19.Jan.2019, 10:52 AM) *
You are free to return to the superior country of India at any time.

I agree, this person is full of hatred. I am surprised gsurya could get through the bank doors with a head that big. laugh.gif

Still you know what they say, those who think they know it all know NOTHING. laugh.gif
+
gsurya
post 19.Jan.2019, 02:08 PM
Post #7

To the disappointment of the frustrated SweNazis, I do have offer letters now from Handelsbanken and SEB too, lets see how that goes.

I can buy the apartment in full cash through my savings and investments, but wont be a fiscally clever thing to do.

And of course, I love to live and work in Sweden because it is better than India in most ways. Same reason why Swedes migrate to US and so many Brits to Sweden fearing Brexit.
+
Uncle Fred
post 19.Jan.2019, 02:11 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (gsurya @ 19.Jan.2019, 02:08 PM) *
To the disappointment of the frustrated SweNazis, I do have offer letters now from Handelsbanken and SEB too, lets see how that goes. I can buy the apartment in full cash thro ... (show full quote)

Says an IndoNazi D'head laugh.gif
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: