The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

What should i do if my employer does not pay me?

I am new here and i don't know what is best to do.

BeSpa
post 15.Jun.2017, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your replies. So i moved in Stockholm about 4-5 months ago and the last 3 months i was working in a restaurant from which i quited a week after my employer was not paying me cus i had been in such situations before and i know that it can end up losing lot's of money. Now my employer is already 20 days late paying my salary and always when i call him or i go there he says that he will pay me in 2-3 days also i believe that even if he desides to pay me he will just give in cash to avoid the taxes and from the first moment i told him that i want my pay my taxes normally and that i don't want black money.. Anyone knows what can i do to get my 2 salaries in case he won't pay me?Thank you everyone in advance for your replies and have a happy summer.
Go to the top of the page
+
hatim
post 23.Jun.2017, 10:48 PM
Post #2

Talk to tax office, I am sure they would be very interested to know businesses who avoid tax.
+
Bsmith
post 24.Jun.2017, 01:45 PM
Post #3

You quit and that is the first step. Now, hopefully, you can go out an find another job with an honest employer. Good luck.
+
wallace1837
post 24.Jun.2017, 06:30 PM
Post #4

If you are on a work permit, you should leave the country. They will never extend your work permit given that you are the victim of a rogue employer. Sweden will always protect their rogue employers.
+
LLHope
post 25.Jun.2017, 12:26 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (hatim @ 23.Jun.2017, 10:48 PM) *
Talk to tax office, I am sure they would be very interested to know businesses who avoid tax.

You are indeed correct, the tax office is interested to hear about businesses that avoid tax.

However with regards OP's issue, they would not be at-all interested, since no salary payment = no tax to be deducted and no social charges to be paid!
+
BeSpa
post 28.Jun.2017, 04:11 PM
Post #6

thank you for your replies..what i did is i went to kronofogden and made an aplication and when i told him about that he told me doesnt have money to pay me and that he will give me part of the money every month until all my debt is payed and in axchange i ll cancel my aplication...my quetion now is if there is a legal paper in sweden that i should ask him to sign that he accepts the bebt and i aceept i ll get part of it every month so i can use it legally if at the future he denies to pay me?
+
BeSpa
post 28.Jun.2017, 05:00 PM
Post #7

well by kronofogden it will go by court and it will still take time...isnt there something i can make him sign that i can use later if he denies?
+
LLHope
post 28.Jun.2017, 05:20 PM
Post #8

OP, the issue you face is that if you withdraw the debt from Kronofogden then if the employer goes for liquidation then you lose. Simple. What you could try is to have a document crafted between the employer and you, rather than business itself, that states the person (who owns the business) guarantees paying the outstanding debt and it clearly exists, should the business fail, amounts and payment plan etc... Initially to be paid by the business, but transfered to the person personally should the business fail

It can be simple and straight forward, both having copies, both signed and signatures witnessed, then you could consider withdrawing the item from Kronofogden.

Personally, I wouldn't do that, it is clear since you got no response until mentioning Kronofogden, that the employer understands the process and how suppliers can react when they find out the employer has issues paying and item(s) at Kronofogden.

It is not fair to you that you have done your part (working) and then have to hang-on for payment, does the employer pay other staff? Do they pay themselves? Let them go without, whilst they clear the debt with you.
+
BeSpa
post 28.Jun.2017, 05:41 PM
Post #9

is there a specific document that i can feel? And cus i am alone in Sweden there is nobody i can ask to come as a witness in this case should i just pay a lawyer or a notery?
+
LLHope
post 28.Jun.2017, 07:44 PM
Post #10

Even a document between friends can be counted as Ok. Though in your case, best to have some witness to signatures etc...

As strange as it sounds, Sweden has been so obsessed in it's culture about debts and them being paid etc... that if you loan a friend money, create a simple document and charge them interest, that person can even use that to get the 30% of interest tax deduction on that biggrin.gif ...of-course there is also declaring the income from the interest as capital gain!

Come to think of it, you should also consider adding the cost of the Kronofogden submission, plus token fees + interest to the amount outstanding.

No special document required, and an important item to remember (meant to add in previous post, make sure that the document is VERY clear that the amount outstanding is salary minus taxes, and that the employer has agreed to ensure that the amount of xxxx:- taxes due they are accountable for and will pay to Skatteverket into your tax account. Reason for this is then you have reasonable evidence to show that you believed the amount paid had taxes deducted and employer was to pay that to Skatteverket ...like a pay-advice/slip, then Skatteverket can tackle the employer rather than you for the money if it isn't paid wink.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: