The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Dual Citizenship British Swedish

Moving to Sweden from UK

AnnikaVatten
post 16.Oct.2019, 04:19 PM
Post #1

I have dual citizenship from my mother, although I was born in UK, I lived a couple years in Sweden as a child, and have had a Swedish passport. How easy would it be for me to become permanent resident of Sweden, having only lived there as a child? What kind of paper work is involved with gaining settled status of I already have citizenship? Not sure where to start with this. Thinking I would rather be European after Brexit.

Thanks for your help. Apologies for being quite clueless.
Go to the top of the page
+
Saywhatwhat
post 16.Oct.2019, 09:45 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (AnnikaVatten @ 16.Oct.2019, 05:19 PM) *
I have dual citizenship from my mother, although I was born in UK, I lived a couple years in Sweden as a child, and have had a Swedish passport. How easy would it be for me to ... (show full quote)

Do you have a personnummer? If not... you need one. If you have one then get a Swedish ID.

Or you need a job.

Why do any of that anyway? What extra “freedom” does could it give you? With a UK passport you can vacation in other European countries for 3 months... and if you get a job then you can move there just the same as if you were still part of the EU.

+
skogsbo
post 17.Oct.2019, 08:11 AM
Post #3

I'd be surprised if you had a Swedish passport and citizenship without already having a personal number.

I'd speak to one of the Swedish consulates in the UK. They are paid to deal with these things.

That or speak to the tax office or migration in sweden.

You'll need to dig out some documentary evidence, parents etc. But if you are Swedish there will be a paper trail some where, because the personal ID number is issued when you are born, you will be in the system.

Note. Residency is irrelevant if you are a Swedish citizen.
+
Martian
post 18.Oct.2019, 05:26 PM
Post #4

If you had a personnummer (not samordningsnummer) when you lived in Sweden as a child, you are Swedish. If you didn't have a personnummer when you lived in Sweden and you are already more than 21 years, you are no more Swedish. If you are less than 21 and you come back to Sweden and obtain a personnummer, you are Swedish. You should ask your parents/guardians for what documents you had when you lived in Sweden.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: