The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

What is sambo actually?

Not related to migration and permits.

queenS
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Does it count as sambo if you and your partner are registered on the same address? Is there any special registration at Skatteverket necessary, or just simple address change?
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:09 AM
Post #2

Yes, no need for any type of extra registration.
+
Puffin
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:09 AM
Post #3

You have to be registered at the same address to be a sambo - it means cohabitation (sammanboende) in Swedish - that you are living in a marriage-like relationship
+
johnjohn
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:14 AM
Post #4

Sambo means sammanboende or living together or co-habitation. Its legal definition refers to living together as man and wife or you can think of it as a common law marriage.
+
queenS
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:21 AM
Post #5

So from the perspective of Skatteverket there is no difference between sambo and inneboende? I am not saying that this is the same, just that in case that for example I claim that my sambo is not my sambo, but inneboende, he would have to prove that somehow. Right?
+
johnjohn
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:48 AM
Post #6

When you speak about skatteverket you are referring to issues relating to taxes, nothing to do with visa etc, Am I correct. Do you have a specific tax or benefit question you need help with?
+
Ugly Indian
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:59 AM
Post #7

It means officially f**king partner with out marraige rolleyes.gif

On a serious note its same like registered partner in english.. the person you are living with according to Skatteverket.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 3.Mar.2012, 11:08 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (queenS @ 3.Mar.2012, 11:21 AM) *
So from the perspective of Skatteverket there is no difference between sambo and inneboende? I am not saying that this is the same, just that in case that for example I claim ... (show full quote)

There is a difference. A sambo has certain rights if the relationship ends, i.e. dividing up property that was bought for the household. An inneboende has no such rights.
+
queenS
post 3.Mar.2012, 11:26 AM
Post #9

That I know and I am not saying that these two things are the same. My only guess is that "on the paper" they look the same until proven otherwise.

But since your mentioned ending relationship, what other rights a sambo has in that case?
+
cogito
post 3.Mar.2012, 02:30 PM
Post #10

To the OP.
As half of a long and happy marriage, I cannot speak from experience. But from what I understand from family lawyer friends, there is some re-thinking of the whole sambo setup. Though advantageous for men, It often turns out to be a bad deal for women. You might want to do a search for articles on the author Stieg Larsson's sambo Eva Gabrielsson.
+
sarah02
post 3.Mar.2012, 03:39 PM
Post #11

This co-habitation law is a hippy thing invented by a hippy couple in france in the 60s. As cogito mentioned, it has disatvantages for the women.
+
axiom
post 3.Mar.2012, 04:28 PM
Post #12

this is an interesting question, I have heard it asked before among my friends who were curious to find out how do you actually register as a sambo.

as far as I understood it, there is no paper to be signed or forms to complete, it is taken from the fact that you share the same address.

how do you differentiate that from anyone else living with you, doesn't seem possible apart from taking each other's word for it and perhaps the usual things that come with it, ie, co-mingling assests, going on holidays, etc

say u had a lodger living with you for a few yrs, and you got along very well, went out together, went on holidays, etc he / she ***could*** in theory claim to be have been your sambo and thus demanding a little share of what you have ... tricky it seems but perhaps someone else will shed some more light on this.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:15 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (axiom @ 3.Mar.2012, 05:28 PM) *
how do you differentiate that from anyone else living with you, doesn't seem possible apart from taking each other's word for it and perhaps the usual things that come ... (show full quote)

Yes, the only thing that legally separates sambo from flat mates is the above. Thus, sambo is not on the same legal ground as marriage. When you split up you only divide the household items that were bought for common use (including house/flat), and the sambo also has no legal grounds for inheritance.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:17 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (sarah02 @ 3.Mar.2012, 04:39 PM) *
This co-habitation law is a hippy thing invented by a hippy couple in france in the 60s. As cogito mentioned, it has disatvantages for the women.

Because women are always economically inferor to men? It has the same disadvantages to men and women.
+
sarah02
post 3.Mar.2012, 10:25 PM
Post #15

No, the disadvantages do not equally fall on women the same as men. Money might be one factor of many.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: