The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Giving birth in Sweden

Still missing personal number

dkaff
post 23.Sep.2015, 05:45 AM
Post #1

Hi
I'm pregnant and moving to Sweden.
Me and my Swedish partner have been in a kinda rushed situation, we applied since I got pregnant, with priority, and I got my residence permit approved last month and my residence card which allows me to travel came to me until today.
By now, I'm 7 months pregnant. I will be traveling in about a week from now, and I know I must have a personal number besides the residence card to be given healthcare.

How long does it take to get a personal number? I know that I must go and register in the tax agency, and from there they give me the number? Do they give me an ID too or is that separate?
Also, in case the baby came earlier and I didn't have a personal number, how much is the cost to give birth? Because I want to be prepared and maybe some woman in this forum knows about how it is to give birth in here. There is little to no information on that anywhere.

How do you go about choosing the place to give birth and stuff?

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
+
FindusKatt
post 23.Sep.2015, 06:20 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (dkaff @ 23.Sep.2015, 06:45 AM) *
How long does it take to get a personal number? I know that I must go and register in the tax agency, and from there they give me the number? Do they give me an ID too or is t ... (show full quote)

I believe it takes from 1-8 weeks to get PN. They will mail it to you in the address you register.
ID card must be applied separately and you need to pay up to 400+ kr.
I heard it's 50 000 kr, but it could be cheaper too... i think it depends on whether you have C-section or other complication or not...
I don't think you get to choose, with free health care you are probably asked to go to the nearby hospital to where you live. You can call 1177 or check http://www.1177.se/ to get more information.
+
Dr.danial
post 23.Sep.2015, 02:09 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (dkaff @ 23.Sep.2015, 06:45 AM) *
HiI'm pregnant and moving to Sweden. Me and my Swedish partner have been in a kinda rushed situation, we applied since I got pregnant, with priority, and I got my residenc ... (show full quote)

if your residence permit is valid for at least for 12 months at the time when you apply for Personal-number in Sweden, then you would get Personal number, otherwise they'll ask you to wait for next Visa stamp and there is a risk that you'll have to pay a lot more for delivery when not having personal number.
+
aino
post 23.Sep.2015, 05:17 PM
Post #4

You need to be a member of F
+
dkaff
post 23.Sep.2015, 06:48 PM
Post #5

Thank you so much everyone!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: