The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Waiting Time for Decision

Wife is Pregnant

Hovig
post 26.Jan.2016, 03:31 PM
Post #1

Hello Locals,

On May 2015, I had applied my residency permit of moving to someone in Sweden, on Jan 2016, I did my interview in The Consulate of Sweden in Beirut. I'm a Lebanese citizen.

My wife is pregnant and her due date is in mid April 2016.

I was wondering if any of you guys had the same situation, and how much did you wait for the decision to be made, because my wife went to Migrationsverket to ask if there are any changes, they told her we have to wait 18 months.

Is this correct?
Go to the top of the page
+
mjennin2
post 26.Jan.2016, 04:12 PM
Post #2

Hi Hovig -

Unfortunately, pregnancy and child-rearing do not make the application process quicker. You could *try* to change your application to an inifr?n ans?kan (more info on MV's website here) but it is extremely rare that they allow parents and parents-to-be to wait inside of Sweden -- especially if the father is the non-EU resident -- and the wait times still remain the same, anyway.

Given that your wife is due in April, did you apply for priority before they took it away in October 2015? That could help. You will hear a wide range of wait time estimates -- 14 months, 16-17 months, 21 months, 14-21 months, 18-21 months... And according to someone in the facebook group, MV is now quoting 24 months; it sounds like the "council" is going to increase the wait times. But right now, the wait time is averaging 13-14 months. Here is a spreadsheet where you can track current application statistics: http://hejaherrljunga.blogspot.com/2015/11...15-part-7b.html

Nonetheless... if you did not apply for priority before they took it away, I fear your chances of having your UT before the child is born is low. We have seen many other couples separated from children and having to give birth alone, and still have to wait the full time sad.gif

Come join us in the facebook group if you need more support! Link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/607552706053504/
+
Hovig
post 27.Jan.2016, 03:44 PM
Post #3

Hello mjennin2

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes we did apply for priority, and yesterday my wife emailed the person handling the case, she said that within the following two weeks you'll get the decision.

I am now confused.
+
mjennin2
post 27.Jan.2016, 03:50 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Hovig @ 27.Jan.2016, 02:44 PM) *
Hello mjennin2Thank you for the quick reply. Yes we did apply for priority, and yesterday my wife emailed the person handling the case, she said that within the following two ... (show full quote)

Oh! Well this is fabulous news then! I should suspect you will get a decision very soon -- I wouldn't go buy plane tickets just yet, but if you were granted priority, you should expect a decision soon! It seems most people who applied for priority back when it was still an option and were granted it, have a decision within 8 months (total waiting time). You're right in that range, so I would just remain patient and wait for them to send you the decision within the next few weeks. smile.gif No need to be confused about it! The person you originally talked to probably just didn't know you had priority. Kundtj?nst folks don't seem to have access to all the details of a person's case, so they probably just quoted you the regular wait time. Typical MV laugh.gif
+
Technician
post 27.Jan.2016, 07:16 PM
Post #5

I know two ladies a Russian and Serbian, both got married and are waiting over 21 months. Immigration waiting time is longer than what they advertise. They are pretty much busy with floods of immigrants. I have suggested to migration to higher the application fee and hire more employees to handle cases.
+
Hovig
post 29.Jan.2016, 11:40 PM
Post #6

Thank you so much mjennin2 smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: