The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

A swedish guy

dating or friendship

Flavia
post 3.Feb.2016, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Hej!

I've studied six months in sweden where i've met a swedish guy. Everything went well and now i'm back in italy (for three weeks). As i read on the internet, a girl has to start texting, what i've done. Last week i found it was time to talk about my feelings. I know he has also feelings for me. But then i got a message that i don't understand well in swedish terms. He said: it's brave from you and there will be someone for you. You're such a pretty and good girl. I don't want to lose our friendship, we have had such a good tiles together. Does it mean - like in Italy - that i've been friendzoned or is he waiting? I don't understand it. Meanwhile we're texting every day,and we're talking about our future. What we're doing after our studies. I said if i pass my within a year i will study russian. He said: 'sounds cool!' Is this friendship? I'm sure, it's a real friendship cause he's very kind or is he waiting to know me better? I don't understand this swedish way. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 3.Feb.2016, 09:01 PM
Post #2

"There will be someone for you" means not him.
+
Flavia
post 3.Feb.2016, 09:08 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 3.Feb.2016, 09:01 PM) *
"There will be someone for you" means not him.

But why is he still texting every day? And are we talking about our future?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 3.Feb.2016, 09:17 PM
Post #4

Can you be a little clearer about the full context of that sentence...what happened before he said...there will be someone for you???
+
Flavia
post 3.Feb.2016, 09:33 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Gamla H?lsingebock @ 3.Feb.2016, 09:17 PM) *
Can you be a little clearer about the full context of that sentence...what happened before he said...there will be someone for you???

We were texting while i was at home again. The day before i was leaving i had invited him.for a fika but he has an examen to pass, so... Then when i was home i texted him to say that i was very sad that we hadn't said goodbye. He answered that he was booked up with this examen and he founded it a shame. We had spent such a great time together, it was really funny. And we were missing each other. Then i've said that i had feelings for him. And that was his answer. We had a really good,time together. The month before christmas we were a lot together and discussed a lot (with deep eye contact). The day before we were leaving for the holidays have we kissed (shortly). In the holidays have texted the whole time. Meanwhile it was my birthday and at midnight he said happy birthday even in italian. Everything went/goes well, just when i had to leave, he had examens, a presentation and an essay to write.
Because we haven't had a fika, i invited him to come to florence but he ignored it. He was talking about other things.
+
Flavia
post 3.Feb.2016, 09:41 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Flavia @ 3.Feb.2016, 09:33 PM) *
We were texting while i was at home again. The day before i was leaving i had invited him.for a fika but he has an examen to pass, so... Then when i was home i texted him to ... (show full quote)

Can someone help me to understand this swedish guy?
+
Stpauli
post 3.Feb.2016, 10:37 PM
Post #7

Ask him the right questions and follow your gut feeling.
+
Flavia
post 3.Feb.2016, 10:46 PM
Post #8

Please, what do you mean with 'the right questions'?
+
Stpauli
post 3.Feb.2016, 11:00 PM
Post #9

Ask him what you need/want to know and base your future step on his response.
+
Flavia
post 3.Feb.2016, 11:05 PM
Post #10

So, it is also possible that i have upset him with my feelings? That's why we're still texting..in italy, if we're friendzoned we don't text anymore. It's confusing,,this,swedish guys!
+
Stpauli
post 3.Feb.2016, 11:10 PM
Post #11

Are you afraid of making him upset?

If he gets upset just let him be. It takes two to Tango.
+
Bsmith
post 4.Feb.2016, 05:07 PM
Post #12

If my daughters encountered a situation like this, they wouldn't even bother to ask my opinion, they would just move on. I suggest you do the same.
+
Stpauli
post 4.Feb.2016, 05:15 PM
Post #13

I'd agree but it's easy for us bystanders to say. Obviously she wants to know what he thinks and feels. The only fair thing to do is to ask him, not us.
+
Bsmith
post 4.Feb.2016, 06:11 PM
Post #14

True, but she seems to be wondering whether this young man's behavior is due to him being Swedish.. I would venture to say that his behavior is more due to the fact that he is just not interested.
+
Stpauli
post 4.Feb.2016, 07:23 PM
Post #15

In that regard I couldn't agree with you more.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: