The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Stop - Breathe, Sweden, breathe ...

Alliance, your time is up!

Alfredo
post 13.Nov.2009, 05:26 PM
Post #1

It was the right move to look for change after Göran Persson, and a few mistakes can be tolerated, but now Freddie, you're taking things way too far.

It's time to take stock. Breathe. See where we are.

Sweden has much to be proud of over the last 60+ years, and it's time this was recognised.

To throw all of this good work away in just a few years, seems short-sighted in the extreme.

Stop!

Breathe.

Let's take some time out, and see exactly where it is we want to be heading, because it's important, and will affect your future, your children's future, and the future of your friends and neighbours, and your friends' and neighbours' children's future ...

Erm, yes, I think you get the point.

rolleyes.gif

This is Alfredo - I'm back.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 13.Nov.2009, 05:29 PM
Post #2

Welcome back, Alfredo.

Best news this site has had in months, if not years.
+
Alfredo
post 13.Nov.2009, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Why, thank you, Trowbridge, that's very kind.

Looking forward to it.
+
Puffin
post 13.Nov.2009, 05:54 PM
Post #4

Who are you and what have you done with Alfredo??? biggrin.gif

I thought you were looking forward to the alliance years

QUOTE (Alfredo @ 18.Sep.2006, 01:03 PM) *
I'm looking forward to more opportunities, more choices, and a lot more discussion about Sweden's future, over the next few years ...
+
I'm Lost
post 13.Nov.2009, 06:01 PM
Post #5

Oh yes, by all means, put Mona Sah-fucking-lin in the hot seat.

Give me a break.
+
Mo
post 13.Nov.2009, 06:02 PM
Post #6

TINA
+
Alfredo
post 13.Nov.2009, 06:12 PM
Post #7

Puffin, my sweet, predictability is a spice which should not be used too fervently ...

Let's go!

I was looking forward to more opportunities and more choices ... and unfortunately for Sweden, in my opinion, we are currently not heading in that direction.

When you add to that the biggest financial crisis that the world has possibly ever seen, then you need to take stock and re-evaluate what life is all about.

We are more than just money and economics.

Have a great weekend!
+
I'm Lost
post 13.Nov.2009, 06:27 PM
Post #8

More opportunities and choices are never going to happen in Sweden, because the average Swede has been raised by the one party rule of 60 years Social Democrat dominance to believe that choice and the resulting opportunities are unnecessary. It will take a lot more than a change of government to bring that around. It will also take more than one term in office to really change the moribund ways of the political past.

I don't really care who is in power, but do feel that to go back to another decades long one party rule would be a mistake.

But even then, I wouldn't care too much if they had someone at their helm other than Mona, they went from bad to worse going from Göran to her, she is a useless wench and has no business in government.
+
post 13.Nov.2009, 08:49 PM
Post #9

'fredo. nice to see you..
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 13.Nov.2009, 09:12 PM
Post #10

I will happily give then four more years...
+
Mzungu
post 13.Nov.2009, 11:16 PM
Post #11

Alfredo! What a breath of fresh air. Welcome back,unfortunately am off to warmer climes for my annual sojourn. With a little spin with NASCAR!

Attached Image ---->>>>Attached Image

*catch you later*
+
Social Hypocrisy
post 14.Nov.2009, 10:24 AM
Post #12

(Quote: Let's take some time out, and see exactly where it is we want to be heading, because it's important, and will affect your future, your children's future, and the future of your friends and neighbours, and your friends' and neighbours' children's future ...)

I agree with you 100% about our childrens future being at stake here, thats why we cant go back to the SD's being in charge.

If you think going back to a system of bidrag based dependancy, and a systematic covering up of unemployment figures just to keep your government in power is a future, I dont know what to say.

Thats no more of a future than a heroin addict trying to score her next fix and being a slave to the pusher.

If thats what you wish for your children and friends...
+
Plowbridge
post 14.Nov.2009, 10:45 AM
Post #13

If the current lot stay for another 4-5 years there will be very little left that is state owned. Instead the country's wealth will be in the hands of the greedy few and public services and employment will be reduced to a cinder.

How any government can look at a Thatcherite model proven to divide a country and try to implement it is beyond me. It is a shame that Mona Sahlin is the least credible opposition leader in the history of politics. Sweden need a strong intelligent government that can make this current lot look like the capitalistic amateurs they are.
+
Social Hypocrisy
post 14.Nov.2009, 10:57 AM
Post #14

how dare you say that about our beloved iron lady:)

Pistols at dawn my friend... and may the best man win!

Of course the transition will be hard, but I believe will ultimately set us free.
+
Fishtank
post 14.Nov.2009, 11:00 AM
Post #15

Alfredo, welcome back is what I can say. smile.gif

Don't bother much about pols rights now. Nov, Dec and Jan, its getting better and better.

*Also curious where are so many others who used to post here.. like the caveman... Gamlaa..

Haven't read any posts from Roch..

007 and sofia seems to be keeping low profile or it's 08er climate clubbed with theLocals rapid ascent to new heights (which I am not sure either) keeping folks away...

Gimme good ol days of the glory smile.gif
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: