The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

News in Sweden

It’s good to have your finger on the pulse

cootje1976
post 21.Oct.2020, 01:26 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Martin565 @ 21.Oct.2020, 11:33 AM) *
Why did you move here if you only continue to watch U.K. or New York news. At least I watch the Swedish news.

And yet you bloody complain about it....
Go to the top of the page
+
Grommet
post 21.Oct.2020, 01:35 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Skogsbo1 @ 21.Oct.2020, 07:40 AM) *
It is indeed, it's what would or does lead to a happy life. Life has no purpose in a cosmic sense, we are just incredibly fortunate to have consciousness. If folk decide t ... (show full quote)

Wow, Captain Presumption at it again. How does it add up, that people coming here, to (rightfully) complain about the small village that Sweden is, and all of its endless BS, are "spending their life complaining and unhappy"?

Why do you spend your life exaggerating everything, JarHead?

And there is such a thing as "second chances", I know of two. One was clinically dead for 5 days, still doing fine now. And another who had died 3 separate times, during 3 separate operations, having brain tumours removed.

Maybe time to wander out of the forest chump. Big world out there, no need to hide from it.

And by the way, having "consciousness" isn't "fortunate", it is "necessary", for if we had no consciousness, how would we even know we exist? Wouldn't last too long now would we, if we didn't know we existed. Duh!
+
*Guest*
post 21.Oct.2020, 02:23 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Grommet @ 21.Oct.2020, 02:35 PM) *
Wow, Captain Presumption at it again. How does it add up, that people coming here, to (rightfully) complain about the small village that Sweden is, and all of its endless BS, ... (show full quote)

Consciousness; Most species don't or aren't aware. We are the only species that before it's even reached adult maturity understands it will one day die.

Every other species gets along just fine without being self aware.
+
yonisan
post 21.Oct.2020, 02:38 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Martin565 @ 21.Oct.2020, 01:33 PM) *
Why did you move here if you only continue to watch U.K. or New York news. At least I watch the Swedish news.

Are you an idiot... I read DN? I choose not to have a swedish tv packet because there is nothing on there which interests my Swedish husband or I.
+
Grommet
post 21.Oct.2020, 05:21 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Skogsbo1 @ 21.Oct.2020, 02:23 PM) *
Consciousness; Most species don't or aren't aware. We are the only species that before it's even reached adult maturity understands it will one day die. Every othe ... (show full quote)

Um, and how do you know, animals are not self-aware? Please do indicate by what means that has been measured.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 1.Nov.2020, 08:11 PM
Post #21

Consciousness; Most species don't or aren't aware. We are the only species that before it's even reached adult maturity understands it will one day die. Every othe ... (show full quote)

I often wonder how we as a species have survived and become the dominant one when you consider how useless we are until we are several years old.

Take a cat or a dog as an example. They are up and running catching their food after a couple of months as do other species. It makes me wonder if your young have become more helpless as we've evolved.
+
Martin565
post 1.Nov.2020, 09:43 PM
Post #22

+
Mrs Robinsson
post 2.Nov.2020, 06:38 PM
Post #23

What a laugh riot you are.... gotta party with you some day Lee Harvey.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: