The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Sustainability Degree at BTH vs. Malmo

Pros, cons?

*neznayu*
post 27.Dec.2009, 03:00 AM
Post #1

I just finished undergrad in the US, was focusing on international development, now looking incorporate environmental sustainability to my previous work--though i'm also considering shifting my focus from developing countries to developed ones. i'm looking for a short-term program that gives a good overview of sustainability topics but is more applied than academic. I would love to hear from anyone who has done either the Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability at Blekinge or Leadership for Sustainability at Malmo U. feel free to email me: neznayu at gmail dot com
Go to the top of the page
+
ringorm
post 27.Dec.2009, 04:51 AM
Post #2

Malmö is mostly arabs
In BTH there's chinese and Indians.

Take your pick.
+
astrogenic
post 27.Dec.2009, 08:06 AM
Post #3

Hahaha,

That's so funny! laugh.gif

Arabs are hated by almost everyone in the world! Did you know there is no "china town" offering quality Chinese food in Saudi Arabia? and that Arab population is only population with whom even the poorest of the poor chinese try and avoid doing business with?

Its in Arabs' blood to be purely annoying, waste of space! tongue.gif
+
krow
post 27.Dec.2009, 01:56 PM
Post #4

ringom is an idiot.

strategic leadership towards sustainability in bth, has mostly students from canada and the usa with few others from around the world. the course is a bit myopic, focusing maninly on the 5level framework, i dont know if the program is now accredited that problem existed before. The program has a great culture and u will enjoy it. I have no idea about malmo.. A more thorough program would be the two year masters program in sustainable development at uppsala university. However if ur more interested in race you can try doing a program in swedish , you willbe surrounded by blond and blue
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 27.Dec.2009, 02:11 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (astrogenic @ 27.Dec.2009, 08:06 AM) *
Hahaha,That's so funny! Arabs are hated by almost everyone in the world! Did you know there is no "china town" offering quality Chinese food in Saudi Ar ... (show full quote)

I think you are more waste of space than the entire Arab population though...
+
CTIDinÅrsta
post 27.Dec.2009, 04:18 PM
Post #6

Excellent post astrogenic - of the 187 anti-arabic posts you've written on this forum over the years that has to be the best.

Anyone else would look like a boring, ignorant w@nker by now, repeating the same old biggotted bullshit - but not you! How do you keep it so fresh?
+
astrogenic
post 27.Dec.2009, 05:34 PM
Post #7

Haha, this is funny.

Well, we already know Bender is nothing more than a discriminatory, anti-Black idiot. Have you found any Asian men who want to marry a Black girl in your neighbouhood yet, Bender? Just admit Asian men are racist, facist idiots! And you are a self-denying, discriminatory junk! hahaha laugh.gif

Anyhow, CTIDinÅrsta, my post is an exercise in postmodern anti-Arab sentiment; in other words, it's steeply embedded in irony. So don't you worry your tiny head of yours! hahahaha laugh.gif

Now, Bender and CTIDinÅrsta, explain why even business-mad Chinese are reluctant to do business with Arabs, especially those from Saudi Arabia?

Are you guys sure your OWN views are themselves deeply biased?

Twats.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 27.Dec.2009, 05:58 PM
Post #8

Post-modern, yeah right. You are a racist fuck, just get over it.
+
CTIDinÅrsta
post 27.Dec.2009, 08:25 PM
Post #9

Astrogenic

China is the second largest importer of goods into Saudi Arabia and their fifth largest export market.

Boy those guys are really avoiding each other like the plague.

What was the "modern anti-Arab sentiment", if we've now moved on to the post-modern era?
Or are you using the term ironically?
+
Rick Methven
post 27.Dec.2009, 09:39 PM
Post #10

Yet another thread being hi-jacked - sigh wink.gif
+
astrogenic
post 27.Dec.2009, 11:11 PM
Post #11

CTIDinÅrsta,

You are unbelievably naive, as I have always expected.

China is a communist state, where the majority of " import/export businesses" you quote is a state-run! Therefore the figure you quote is no way to judege the ordinary Chinese people's views and opinions on the view of arabs, especially of Saudis.

More down to earth and truthful measure is therefore to look at the existance and extent of China Towns in a country, and there is NO China Town in Saudi Arabia, even business-mad Chinese thinks Saudis are idiots whose views are homophobic, racist, sexist and discriminatory.

And, your understanding on "postmodernism" and "modernism" are also pathetic, quite indicative of your stupid self, so congratulations! laugh.gif

Now, go and read Edward Said's "Orientalism"!

F-ing idiot CTIDinÅrsta! Hahahaha!! laugh.gif
+
*curious_george*
post 9.Feb.2016, 08:49 PM
Post #12

I would NOT recommend Leadership for Sustainability in Malmo. I have had several friends go through the program and they say it is a joke. the teachers that make up the program don't care about sustainability, making it VERY low quality. Pass on the program, if at all possible.
+
luvswedentoo
post 3.Nov.2017, 01:54 PM
Post #13

Old topic... But I still want to reply! I just started here at BTH and it is pretty nice. The programme does have limited amount of teachers and most classes are in one room but that is nice! The university is small and BTH is in the middle of nowere so that is not great. But the professors are really nice and fun. There also are not a lot of books you need to buy so that saves costs. A big problem is that we do need to write the thesis with other people, this is really weird... so strange...

I don't know much about malmo, but I would choose for BTH it is so much fun!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: