The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

I hate Sweden month

Give us your pet hate about Sweden

Holecutter > The Howl ...
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:14 AM
Post #1

Me me me me, I'll go first.

Sweden would be great if it was not for the Swedes.

angry.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Inletwatcher
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:24 AM
Post #2

Okies, my turn. I HATE how Swedes are brainwashed into some of their thinking. For just one example, marijuana is horribly addicting and will kill you, but to have one's grandchild sip on the the christmas glug crap is okay. Get them liking the booze early and maybe they won't do drugs! lol

oh the right hand rule... that sucks.

Inlet
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:29 AM
Post #3

It draws all the worst misfits from other societies. tongue.gif
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:37 AM
Post #4

Wow you really do go to pieces when Mrs Hole leaves you alone. It almost make you look like a bit of a "mummies boy", helpless without a woman to look after you biggrin.gif

She probably deserves the break smile.gif
+
storstark
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:40 AM
Post #5

here is my rant about breakfast... see i miss my marmite on toast and weetbix (kiwi versions) so i basically have no rules for breakfast... and why should there be rules? if i like, i could have bacon and eggs, baked beans on toast, cereal... anything...

so why am i made to feel like an exhibit when i breakfast with my family?

this is how they do it... yoghurt with a little cereal, followed by a boiled egg followed by liverpaste and cucumber or ham and cheese mackas (open sandwhich)

i dig into my egg first, because it's hot... and i get some toast going with butter cos that's good... all eyes are now on me because i am having toast for breakfast and the toaster is to stay above the fridge...

then i have a little ham and cheese sandwich but aren't really too offay with having lunch for breakfast but have travelled enough on the continent to know this is a done thing... still, you can cross the line by having cheese with your liverpaste, cos this is against swedish brekfast regulation #9876... again, i'm not into liverpaste for breakfast but sometimes i do this to wind up the table

last of all i eat my yoghurt and cereal, because it is sweet... it's almost like a dessert to one's meal, especially if you're having ham and cheese and whatnot... again all eyes are on me... look at the weird kiwi eating his cereal last... occasionally i'll have it with milk which contravenes the 1876 Stockholm Breakfast Treaty... I risk a fine by from Fruköstverkhet

a few points for winding up swedes at breakfast...
1. break out the marmite and insist everyone at the table tries it or you will take offence... it's as much fun as going into a 20 minute speil about the last cricket test match you saw which concluded in a draw (include stats)
2. have your coffee with milk and sugar, even if you don't like it
3. have some baked beans on toast or another different thing, smother it in grated cheese... maybe even a full english...
4. treat yourself to some honey on toast and watch the breakfast table go into uproar, wash it down with tea and sugar
5. break out the lettuce and tomato and make the ham and cheese sandwiches into fully blown three decker sandwiches... suggest that you thought they were having an early lunch so you would too...
+
Jasoncarter
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:41 AM
Post #6

I hate "if you don't like Systemet/people barging into you in the street and not saying sorry/shoddy driving/inability to criticise the systems proscribed by 'experts'/any other aspect of Sweden that is perfectly valid to criticise then why don't you go home?".
+
jack sprat
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:43 AM
Post #7

Rapidly increasing rate of breakdown of law and order,(see todays news for one more example).

Spoilt and useless brats,(a product of the nanny state).

A Govt.and population that bury their heads in the sand whilst trying to pretend to the outside World that everythings perfect and also unwilling to confront serious issues head on.

That do for starters?
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:49 AM
Post #8

Thanks, Sprat, for proving my point yet again.

P. s. The big new criminal in Uppsala might not be a Swede at all, but some relation of the 'Mad Austrain' aka Josef Fritzl who has been hiding out there for years with his family. Sounds like he's AC-DC.
+
Mzungu
post 13.Jul.2009, 10:51 AM
Post #9

Wow, this must be dreadful for you poor people,best take a break from this suppressed lawless country,might one suggest two weeks in Somalia or Zimbabwe. Give yourself a break from all the trials and tribulations of life in Sweden,go enjoy the occasional banana along with your bush meat...

*enjoy life*
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 13.Jul.2009, 11:01 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Trowbridge H. Ford @ 13.Jul.2009, 11:49 AM) *
Thanks, Sprat, for proving my point yet again. P. s. The big new criminal in Uppsala might not be a Swede at all, but some relation of the 'Mad Austrain' aka Josef Fr ... (show full quote)

You would just love that angle wouldn't you.

And when no connection is announced you will blame it on a Säpo, CIA, FSB, Mossad, MI6 coverup because of a Palme connection rolleyes.gif
+
storstark
post 13.Jul.2009, 11:08 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Inletwatcher @ 13.Jul.2009, 11:24 AM) *
I HATE how Swedes are brainwashed into some of their thinking. For just one example, marijuana is horribly addicting and will kill you, but to have one's grandchild sip o ... (show full quote)

i was at this crappy risk lecture last week for my driver's licence (another rant, active, won't go there), but these 18 year old kids were staunchly anti drugs... okay, so drugs are bad mokay, but really you'll never see anyone on heroin driving a car... even pot and driving freaks a lot of people out, and those that do drive might only take the car two blocks to pick up some chips at any rate... yet drink is perfectly alright... it's so black and white with them... grr...

every new years in nz there's a festival called the gathering in takaha... in recent years the numbers have swelled... the stats go something like this: 20,000 people, no fights, no arrests, no drink driving incidents... (there's no alcohol, just a lot of party pills flying around)
whereas new years eve in queenstown involves around 20,000 congregating in town with the last of their brewers box of speights or bottle of rocket fuel, heaps of fights, five rapes, and 30 arrests and loads stopped for drink driving...

i'm a happy drinker, my wild days behind me, but i really hate this instilling in this stiff society the drugs are evil mentality when alcohol is perfectly fine so long as taxes are paid on it...

on the flipside of that i hate the preaching of systembolaget... i hate that they treat you like an alcoholic for being in there, choosing your wine by price and country rather than variety... fumbling around with your six individual cans rather than simply picking up a 6pack... putting them all into a bag you've been forced to pay for cos thousands across the country would be out of a job if they didn't spend all day unpacking beer just so that you can repack it again... and then the lady with the cats bum mouth at the kassa will look at you suspiciously and demand your id even though you're thirty freaking five...
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jul.2009, 11:10 AM
Post #12

You need to take a holiday, RH. This thread is a joke.
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jul.2009, 11:11 AM
Post #13

I love this topic! Really made my day, and will make living here easier!

I hate that you can't talk to people in public that you don't know...
Why not have a convo on line at the store?? it's not like they're going to get sick from it.
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 13.Jul.2009, 11:13 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (storstark @ 13.Jul.2009, 12:08 PM) *
i was at this crappy risk lecture last week for my driver's licence (another rant, active, won't go there),

Assuming you already have an NZ licence and can drive, why are you wasting time and money on Swedish driving lessons?
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 13.Jul.2009, 11:15 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Trowbridge H. Ford @ 13.Jul.2009, 12:10 PM) *
You need to take a holiday, RH. This thread is a joke.

I never know with you. You alwways take seriously what seems a laughable conspiracy to most other people tongue.gif
+

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: