The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Boyfriend blames ADHD for genital tattoo abuse

Accused of aggravated assault of his girlfriend

The Local
post 5.May.2009, 09:43 AM
Post #1

A Swedish man has claimed that his attention deficit disorder (ADHD) is to blame for the aggravated assault of his girlfriend which extended to tattooing his name and ID number on her sexual organs.

The 25-year-old man from Umeå in northern Sweden is accused of assaulting his girlfriend over a period of five years and has been charged on 17 counts of aggravated assault.

There is substantial witness testimony against the man who has admitted in part to the allegations against him, according to local newspaper Västerbottens Folkblad.

In his defence the 25-year-old has claimed that suffering from the condition ADHD - attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder - resulted in him becoming angry at minor incidents which in turn caused him to turn violent.

118 words remaining. Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
peropaco
post 5.May.2009, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Modern day branding. They are both equally demented.
+
Inletwatcher
post 5.May.2009, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Umm the tatoo did not make her leave? Guess it took the axe to get it across to her. Shame on her buddies for not helping more, IF she would have let them.
+
dtes
post 5.May.2009, 02:16 PM
Post #4

shame on everyone involved but particularly this scumbag who apparently wants to blame other things for his actions as is so common with swedes, and the courts will probably fine him and send him on his way to do it again.
+
Harding00
post 5.May.2009, 02:34 PM
Post #5

I don't even think he'll get a fine, let a lone jail time. Because of course, the Swedish courts won't be able to "prove" that she didn't want the tattoo, or of course being hit with an axe. I'll be surprised if her testimony and the physical evidence is enough. As far as her staying with him through it all, well, to an outsider it seems obvious to leave, but when someone is in that situation, mentally and physically abused, it is hard to leave. Threats of more violence, death, or the simple thing called Stockholm Syndrome (when a captor, or in this case here psychotic boyfriend, basically brainwashes her), can keep a person from leaving their abuser.
+
powerofknowledge
post 5.May.2009, 03:22 PM
Post #6

ok allways women pays much in western countries, this is because of the women rights and liberation, this is , i think, the women imprisonment, no marriage no ethical commitments towards women, no respection for women, probably we should see again at what we do and what we think and believe, who respect women much we in the west or others,,??
probabley the court will say that she made the tatto very long time ago and by her will coz they will ask the shop for instance she made, and may be he will pay something or not, but he will be FREE to do anything ,
and
SHE will pay (ok she already paid much and suffered for years) for the rest of her life making her afraid of everything called MAN and everytime see at the tatoo.
+
Kieruk
post 5.May.2009, 03:42 PM
Post #7

Maybe I am being a bit obtuse...but if he has ADHD how did he have the patience to sit there and tatoo all of this on her? Surely that would have taken massive amounts of concentration and attention to detail?
+
Miss Kitten
post 5.May.2009, 04:21 PM
Post #8

It's a very typical reaction from an abuser.

Of course it's never ever their fault, and they always seem come up with excuses to explain or justify their behavior. It's not that he's a self-absorbed, controlling, abusive prick. It's just that he's hungry / had too much to drink / not enough protein / not gotten enough sleep / slept too much / not showered / watched too much TV / obeying the mind-control ray the government is shooting into his brain, etc. etc.
+
Princess P
post 5.May.2009, 04:27 PM
Post #9

Or the age old chestnut, it's her fault because she knew which buttons to push to wind him up.
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 5.May.2009, 04:44 PM
Post #10

:shakes head in disgust:

Is it just me or are some the comments blaming the poor woman/vicitm?
+
Paulo +fab muscular than ...
post 5.May.2009, 04:50 PM
Post #11

Not yet, until there's more solid evidences she was also raped, physically assaulted and victim of domestic violence.
+
freethinker
post 5.May.2009, 05:12 PM
Post #12

I also would like to know how he can use the ADHD defense since it obviously takes concentration to tatoo someone let alone on their genitals.
Are Swedish Courts really that bad as to let someone go if the Court feels it can't prove someone the victem did not want the tatoo?
Hmmm.. there are sometmes situations kind of simular to this in the U.S. There are women who will not call the police, and if they do will not press charges. Women ...anyone subjected to abuse would be wise to press charges, so an official paper trail documenting everything created. Once there's a patern of behavior on record it'll make it alot easier, also at 1st sign of abuse it's best to get a restraining order. Hmm... Does Sweden have restraining orders or an equivalent?
+
Princess P
post 5.May.2009, 05:15 PM
Post #13

I find it a bit odd that The Local has focused on the tattooing part. Isn't the being attacked with an axe a slighty bigger issue?
+
freethinker
post 5.May.2009, 05:25 PM
Post #14

Hmmm... then again I can see a Court's dilema. Is it right to convict someone on just one persons testamony? Lets say he did not confess, I know this is an emotional issue as well, and I detest abusers, rapists, and what not. Still there should be evidence that a crime was indeed commited.I was not there, and can't say I definatively know what happened, I stress that people who are being abused, or have been to please inform the needed authoorities right a.s.a.p. get a restraining order, and do whatever is needed to get a paper trail started. By doing so you not only protect yourselves; you'll also be helping to protect someone else.
By the way, he did confess. From reading other posts here I infer that Sedeish Courts are inclined to let people walk. He confessed, so how could they think of just letting that animal go? Are things really that bad in Sweden?
+
freethinker
post 5.May.2009, 05:29 PM
Post #15

oops mispelled Swedish...I appologize for that. Does this forem have an edit feature that can be used after I post? I'm not the best of typists, and often hit the wrong key, or forget one.
+

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: