The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
26 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

'Gender-based' abortion is ruled legal

So decide the Swedish health authorities

The Local
post 12.May.2009, 06:27 AM
Post #1

Swedish health authorities have ruled that gender-based abortion is not illegal according to current law and can not therefore be stopped, according to a report by Sveriges Television.

The Local reported in February that a woman from Eskilstuna in southern Sweden had twice had abortions after finding out the gender of the child.

The woman, who already had two daughters, requested an amniocentesis in order to allay concerns about possible chromosome abnormalities. At the same time, she also asked to know the foetus's gender.

Doctors at Mälaren Hospital expressed concern and asked Sweden’s National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) to draw up guidelines on how to handle requests in the future in which they "feel pressured to examine the foetus’s gender" without having a medically compelling reason to do so.

44 words remaining. Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
zeero
post 12.May.2009, 08:55 AM
Post #2

This is such a bullplop, how come when a SE woman ask to know the gender of the baby they tell her that they don't do that but when a woman with another ethnic background ask for it, they tell...
+
Deema
post 12.May.2009, 09:15 AM
Post #3

It sounds disturbing. But i guess if i find my self in their shoes, i will want to have the right to decide for my self too!
+
tetsuo_red
post 12.May.2009, 11:34 AM
Post #4

@Deema
Cant you here what you are saying? So you are willing to kill each of your children until they get it "right"?
There was a man with a funny little mustache who said the same thing half a century ago I believe.
+
Citrixme
post 12.May.2009, 11:35 AM
Post #5

this is completely criminal when u kill a human ,Why? because he cant fight or resist you !!!! and as a "civilized people " since when Swedish not interested to have girls !!!! and kill them before they come !!!!! this is a backward thinking as girl like boy and they shouldn't make it legal !!!! its sound that Sweden feel jelous from Saudi arabia where they used to do this before 1500 years before Islam came !! hope you people will deal with human in good way what ever they are baby girl or baby boy !!!
+
*Mosby12*
post 12.May.2009, 01:22 PM
Post #6

I am a pro-life American. I cannot say it any simpler... you people disgust me. Shame on Sweden.. murdering innocents at a whim.
You all stink!
+
Kaethar
post 12.May.2009, 01:34 PM
Post #7

LOL at comments.
I am for an abortion if a woman chooses to have one. And although this is an odd case I agree with the ruling. You can't possibly monitor who chooses to have abortions and their reasoning behind it.
I equate it to drinking. You can drink in a socially responsible way or you can get pissed and become violent. We don't ban alcohol just because we don't like pissed violent people, just like we don't ban abortion simply because many people dislike abortion based on gender.
It may be immoral but it's not illegal, and rightly so. But I see people here are against all abortions, so there's no reasoning with them... so I guess I'm talking to myself. :)
+
post 12.May.2009, 01:44 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Mosby12 @ 12.May.2009, 02:22 PM) *
I am a pro-life American. I cannot say it any simpler... you people disgust me. Shame on Sweden.. murdering innocents at a whim. . You all stink!

laugh.gif
roe v. wade?
+
Princess P
post 12.May.2009, 01:50 PM
Post #9

I am a pro-life American. I cannot say it any simpler... you people disgust me. Shame on Sweden.. murdering innocents at a whim. . You all stink!

Thanks. Pleased to meet you too.
+
*Grandma Death*
post 12.May.2009, 01:51 PM
Post #10

rolleyes.gif

Attached Image

+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 12.May.2009, 01:51 PM
Post #11

Be interesting if an Iraqi responds to that post.
+
Paulo +fab muscular than ...
post 12.May.2009, 01:53 PM
Post #12

Are you also like Sarah Palin? I mean, such an irrefutable pro-life chap who deliberately *enjoy* hunting and animal killing? You are unlikely to support capital punishment, aren't you?
+
post 12.May.2009, 01:58 PM
Post #13

mosby12 replied to the news article rather than as a poster on the forum. probably won't check back so i wouldn't take too much time to address him/her.
+
*Grandma Death*
post 12.May.2009, 02:00 PM
Post #14

Too bad. Is there any way to distinguish who is a poster and who is just replying to an article?
+
*pubknight12*
post 12.May.2009, 02:09 PM
Post #15

It's kind of ironic that feminism gone crazy (a.k.a. abortion on demand as birth control) is now being used to kill future women. Sex selective abortion is simply evil and only amoral societies can support it. India has outlawed sex selective abortion because they too realized that the practice was simply evil. It takes a seriously depraved person to look at a sonogram (beating heart and all) and say that that fetus is not worthy of life because it does not have a penis. Of course I am assuming that a vast majority of these abortions are female. This makes me incredibly sad that Sweden would allow this practice.
+

26 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: