The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Swede convicted in US on terror charges

Al Qaeda member of Lebanese origin

The Local
post 13.May.2009, 05:58 AM
Post #1

A Swedish man of Lebanese origin charged with planning to set up an Al Qaeda training camp in the United States was convicted by a New York court on Tuesday, according to prosecutors.

Ousama Kassir "was convicted on all counts," a spokeswoman for the federal prosecutor's office said.

Kassir faces a sentence of up to life in prison.

He was extradited to the United States in September 2007 from Prague, where he was jailed after his arrest in 2005 during a stopover while flying from Sweden to Lebanon.

Prosecutors said in the jury trial at a federal court in Manhattan that Kassir, 43, tried to set up a "jihad" (holy war) camp in Oregon, in the northwest United States.

85 words remaining. Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Nemesis
post 13.May.2009, 07:37 AM
Post #2

He was trying to set up a terrorist training camp in the US to attack US and allied countries. What did he expect, a nobel peace prize?

Firstly this guy is a complete moron, just like anyone else who follows billionaire ex playboy, Osama Bin Laden.

Someone shuould ask how the hell this imbecile got Swedish citizenship, if he is a johadist nutjob, out to overthrow democracy and replace it with a religeous dictatorship.

Sweden needs to remove his citizenship and stop insulting itself by allowing him to claim he is Swedish.
+
idialogue
post 13.May.2009, 09:01 AM
Post #3

hmm, The terrorist nation , labeling who is terrorist ? Sounds funny... :) Peropaco and Nemesis dont go so far read your history specially about IRA.
+
TJSmith
post 13.May.2009, 09:15 AM
Post #4

I agree with Nemesis, Sweden needs to remove his citizenship and stop allowing him to be called a Swede. It seems that Sweden is so afraid, at times, to even speculate that someone might not be a good candidate to become a Swedish citizen, that the "rubber stamp" approach is best so as not to insult anyone. I am an American citizen living in Sweden and someday hope to become a Swedish citizen. I would be proud to be a citizen and would never want to insult my adoptive country, in any way.
+
idialogue
post 13.May.2009, 09:17 AM
Post #5

There are Christian Terrorists, There are hindu Terrorists, Even there are atheist terrorists "Terrorist is not the monopoly of any religion , it is not !".

Hope the below video (English) will clarify your lots of misconceptions.

http://blip.tv/play/g7M5AQA

Bravo
iDialogue
+
Faunaman
post 13.May.2009, 09:46 AM
Post #6

Calling this axxhole "Swede" really makes me throw up. When will Sweden stop trying to save the whole world? This axxhole might have enjoyed social benefits and social welfare he wants to destroy

I wonder what would happen if Sweden granted citizenship to "only" 1% of the population of China...yes, that´s right, 10,000,000 chinese would be Swedish citizens versus 9,5 million inhabitants.

Once again and LOUD: ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS, ADAPT TO OUR RULES OR LEAVE FOR YOUR LITTLE ISLAMIC PARADISE.

These well-intentioned Swedes will crack the country
+
idialogue
post 13.May.2009, 09:50 AM
Post #7

As said by Justice Suresh "One of the most difficult problem is to define terrorism. The terrorist act will define terrorism. If we can broadly agreed that "deliberate killing of innocent civilians" as found in dictionary--is called terrorism. Than in case the worst case of terrorsim act was in last century in case of atomic bomb of "Hiroshima and Nagasagi" Where large number of innocent civilians never been healed even after 7 decades.. " "Compare the toll of suffering people in IRAQ , Afghanistan, etc and Decide yourself, who fits best to 'this' label. "

Cheers
iDialogue
+
Snikk
post 13.May.2009, 09:52 AM
Post #8

I agree with TJ and Nemesis. This guy looks like a real idiot!

I hope they lock this "big mouth" up in a US prison so that the other inmates can beat the crap out of him every day!

I just hope that Sweden doesn't rush over to his aid and bring him over here so that he can serve his sentence at a country club for inmates.
+
idialogue
post 13.May.2009, 10:05 AM
Post #9

I think you beleive in history so let me give some historical fact regarding the tangible definition of labelling terrorist on Islam particularly.
as Said by Zakir Naik a historical fact " After World War 2 from 1941 to 1948 in span of 8 years 259 terrorist acts were conducted by jewish terrorists by many organizations *ibnun, hagna, stungang" and we know the famou bombing of king david hotel which took place in 22nd july 1946 they were conduted by Ibnun under the leadership of Menachem Begin. And at that time Menahem Begun was called number 1 terrorist by British government . Later on he become the prime minister of Israel and later on he got NOBLE PRIZE for peace"..
heheeheh Sounds funny but reality..
Trevlig
iDialogue
+
jacks
post 13.May.2009, 10:36 AM
Post #10

Sweden has not so far officially announced any move to defend him.
Rather, it looks extremely difficult to initiate any such diplomatic move for Sweden.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 13.May.2009, 10:41 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (TJSmith @ 13.May.2009, 10:15 AM) *
I agree with Nemesis, Sweden needs to remove his citizenship

I'm told that Sweden cannot revoke citizenship once given. Not sure if it's true or not.

Huge beard = needs locking up. Fact.
+
idialogue
post 13.May.2009, 10:54 AM
Post #12

Agreed with Citrixme (good comment).
As I said earlier " Terrorism is an act of Crime for Humanity" No body denies that . We condemn any act of terrorism no matter if they are done by individuals or by Governments. I Just want to highlight the problem and misconceptions the terrorism on ISLAM.
Being student of comperative religion, i can say that no religion ask terrorism .Islam goes further more as said in Quran " If a person killed an innocent human being it is like killing of whole of humanity" similar " if he save a single life it is like saving whole of humanity"
But when we analyze we see terrorists claiming certain religion , they are wrong almost every religion condemn terrorism.
for example: Who killed most of the people last century "Hitler" he was Christian But we cannot say Christian is a terrorist Religion . This attitude is wrong at all.
Cheers
iDialogue
+
powerofknowledge
post 13.May.2009, 11:24 AM
Post #13

i agree that this not accepted act, at all, BUT we should also mention is killing 1 million in IRAQ and making 2 millions orphans (accord. Reuters i think), and stealling OIL there is that a terrorism (or very large scale terrorism) or not???
KILLIING is something called crime, and "as i know" even killing (an animal) not just human without a swerious reason (self defence) is a crime and forbidden in ISLAM and other religions BUT some people do it coz some reason in thier MINDS not else ( Hitler, Bush , bin Laden...etc.) should we take Bush someday into court and ask him why did he killed too many people in IRAQ and Afganistan, and many American soldiers, for a lie as the Pentagon said (WMD weap.of MassDes) was the biggest lie in America's history. we should coexist otherwise, it will be a (forest)
+
infinity94
post 13.May.2009, 11:30 AM
Post #14

People you have to notice something, which is not written above in the text and missing from news report. This man is not lebanese or Swedish orginally, He is Palastinian refuge who setteled in Lebanon, when you they lost their land. Even you have to notice too, that Lebanon is Christian and Islamic country, you have there 2 kind of people. There is so much diffrences between their culture, life style, education and in every field of life.
Therefore, He is fanatic muslim, made brian wash by Islamic Terrorist group. The news agencies dont have the right to write that he is Swedish or Lebanese, even if he hold both passports... they should say, what is his origin.. and not to make the news more hot by adding 2 countires names...
+
powerofknowledge
post 13.May.2009, 11:33 AM
Post #15

by the way i forget also the official Statistics bureau said that Sweden now depends on immigrants and immigration, otherwise if we agree with the Nazist people (they called themselves sometimes Nationalists), Sweden will not live as before anymore. Sweden will need hundereds of thousands in the next decade in many sectors incl Health care one. JUST for your info if u really love ur country SE as I DO.
+

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: