The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

'Outlaw forced arranged marriages in Sweden'

Says head of Youth Affairs Board

The Local
post 2.Jun.2009, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Nearly 70,000 young Swedes feel they aren't able to freely choose whom they want to marry, according to a new study, leading the report's authors to propose Sweden outlaw arranged marriages altogether.

"To be able to marry whoever you want to is actually an important human right. For a large group of young people, that isn't an absolute certainty," said Per Nilsson, head of the Swedish National Board for Youth Affairs (Ungdomsstyrelsen), in a statement.

The study, entitled Gift mot sin vilja ('Married against their will'), was carried out by the youth board at the request of the government as part of a broader effort to highlight "honour-related violence and oppression " in Sweden and was handed over the integration minister Nyamko Sabuni on Monday.

371 words remaining. Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
antoniolgj
post 2.Jun.2009, 11:18 AM
Post #2

Well...
You take the guy out of the jungle, but I don't take the jungle out of the guy...
+
Nutcracker
post 2.Jun.2009, 11:19 AM
Post #3

Excellent news and the Integration Minister is to be commended. The larger issue is that of Islam's Sharia which impacts seriously upon individual human rights and the jurisprudence of which is antithetical to Western laws and concepts. In Britain, a grave and possibly fatal error has been made in allowing Sharia law any legitimacy whatsoever: Sharia Courts are permitted to rule on 'domestic matters' which is precisely the area of law in which, via the Koran and the aHadith, the female sex is deliberately disadvantaged. The danger in permitting such parallel jurisprudence is that, with growing Moslem enclaves, Sharia would displace the law of the land and endanger the rights of ALL citizens.
+
idialogue
post 2.Jun.2009, 11:48 AM
Post #4

Marriages and In EUROPE. like Water on MARS. Around 70% are illegitimate livings couples only in Sverige. If that is Modernity . keep it my friend. According to ex-President Clinton there are almost 90 % born with-out wedlock in US alone..
Islamic Sharia is the First Law in Human History which gives rights Women to Consent for her marriage. Brother Read your (Christian) History .. You used to burn women couple of hundreds years ago . Not so far ..
If any particular Minority sub-asian people do that , you cannot generalize it..
iDialogue
+
antoniolgj
post 2.Jun.2009, 11:52 AM
Post #5

"Islamic Sharia is the First Law in Human History which gives rights Women to Consent for her marriage..."
"Nearly 70,000 young Swedes feel they aren't able to freely choose whom they want to marry..."
Mr. iDialogue, are you for real?
+
Kaethar
post 2.Jun.2009, 12:23 PM
Post #6

"round 70% are illegitimate livings couples only in Sverige."
It is accepted in Swedish culture not to get married. Most people living unmarried live with a sambo or long-term partner.
"If that is Modernity . keep it my friend."
We will. If you do not like it you shouldn't be living here. Just as if you believe in forced marriages you shouldn't be living here.
"Islamic Sharia is the First Law in Human History which gives rights Women to Consent for her marriage. Brother Read your (Christian) History .. You used to burn women couple of hundreds years ago . Not so far .."
Do I look like I care? I care about how people are treated today.
And I'm a non-Christian, by the way.
"If any particular Minority sub-asian people do that , you cannot generalize it."
And if you don't do it I don't see what your problem is. This law is only a problem for the people who'd break it.
+
idialogue
post 2.Jun.2009, 12:29 PM
Post #7

My friend,
Forced marriages.. No one accept that.. As i told above, Islam Never allows Force marriages. That is the custom of some Sub-Continent countries. nothing to relate with Islam.
You adopt what you want my friend If you want your daughters/sisters/Mothers to treat like that . do that ...
IDialogue.
+
Iraniboy
post 2.Jun.2009, 12:32 PM
Post #8

Oh dear another self-claimed Sharia law by those who have never expeienced Sharia law except in the articles which are also written by those who have never Sharia law! When will we grow up? Isn't it time to ask the majority of Muslims about what is acceptable in Islam and what is not??! Shouldn't we stop accusing and slander caused by writers who only write ro recieve their pay-checks in their home-address? Why not asking tens of Muslims about it? I'm sorry for Nutcracker and their sort!
+
antoniolgj
post 2.Jun.2009, 12:34 PM
Post #9

Mr. iDialogue, Could I ask what brings you to Sweden?
+
idialogue
post 2.Jun.2009, 12:39 PM
Post #10

Which bring me in Sweden.. heeh .. I am not immigrant neither my parents. and Neither i will be ever.. :)
You want to raise your daughters in this society . . Yes may be you have accepted that your daughters/sisters/mothers would be victims of the sexual violence. Oh sorry not Violence . It is a "Swedish Culture".
I think you know what Bible Say about "Born without wedlock" ? it start with a Letter B and end with D.. Hope you can guess
Cheers
+
Sofia_stockholm
post 2.Jun.2009, 12:54 PM
Post #11

How can you outlaw something which already isn't legal?
Maybe there ought to be some clarification?
+
LogicAndBrain
post 2.Jun.2009, 12:54 PM
Post #12

If Sweden is progressive country today, present generation has nothing to be proud off and thinking low for un developed countries is not ethical.
You forefathers did hardwork and thats remarkable, but it has nothing to do with accepting religion or rejecting religion. Its related to ahrd work, honesty, etc.
Muslims were ruling in Education 800 years ago in Spain, it was the center of learning and progression. The religion was the same then also...
keep in mind the way law is needed to run the country, similarly erligion is needed to run the sole. No law tells you to not think bad about your neighbour but religion does...
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 2.Jun.2009, 01:11 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (LogicAndBrain @ 2.Jun.2009, 01:54 PM) *
No law tells you to not think bad about your neighbour but religion does...

I expect this is because of the difficulty involved in proving thought crime beyond all doubt. Although of course, the desire of religion to punish you not just for your actions but for the thoughts you have and never even carry through is just one reason why it's such a shiloh pitt.

So forced marriage is already illegal? So it should be, although I doubt for one second that means the problem will disappear.
+
idialogue
post 2.Jun.2009, 01:16 PM
Post #14

Yes in deed if you read the history of Sweden or of Here in Germany.. You would see that in 40s,50s Ladies were dressed i a very dignified manner. Not like you posters of half naked girls.
Small Question: My Friends , Honestly i am asking this without any offense , Forget about where you from Just Human.
Q1. Would you allow your daughter to appear in a Bikini Ad round the corner ?
Simple Question , and I need simple Answer of above. no debate. My dearest Brothers.
+
VikingHumpingWitch
post 2.Jun.2009, 01:19 PM
Post #15

God made the human body in his own image didn't he, who are you to say it should be covered up? Come to that, who are you to say anything about what I want to wear? If it's not dignified enough for you avert your gaze, I'm buggered if I'm dressing to suit anyone else's taste but my own.
+

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: