The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Getting accommoodation in Stockholm

*Matthew Plummer*
post 23.Feb.2006, 06:04 PM
Post #1

I have been in Stockholm for three months, during which time I have had zero luck in getting an apartment, or even a room. I have tried sites like DN, Bostad Direct, Andrahand, etc. but all seem to need you to pay to register, and to have something to swap. What is wrong with having a free listing site like Gumtree or Craigslist? This situation is driving me (insert a choice expletive) mad! Does anyone have any advice - or better still, somewhere for me to live?! You wouldn't have thought it would be hard for a professional guy from New Zealand in his mid 20s to get this sorted out but oddly enough it is!
Go to the top of the page
+
*Pelle Erövraren in Stockh*
post 23.Feb.2006, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Have you tried http://www.blocket.se/li?q=&ca=11_s&am...mp;w=1&st=u it´s free!!!
+
Benzed
post 23.Feb.2006, 06:16 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Matthew Plummer)
You wouldn't have thought it would be hard for a professional guy from New Zealand in his mid 20s to get this sorted out but oddly enough it is!

Take away "professional" and insert "boozehound" and we are in the same leaky boat mate. Er... also I am 30 now. *wince* My solution was to hook up with a Swede with a brand new flat immediately, suggest you try the same. biggrin.gif
+
*Nico aka the boy wonder*
post 23.Feb.2006, 07:43 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Matthew Plummer)
I have been in Stockholm for three months, during which time I have had zero luck in getting an apartment, or even a room. I have tried sites like DN, Bostad Direct, Andrahand, etc. but all seem to need you to pay to register, and to have something to swap. What is wrong with having a free listing site like Gumtree or Craigslist? This situation is driving me (insert a choice expletive) mad! Does anyone have any advice - or better still, somewhere for me to live?! You wouldn't have thought it would be hard for a professional guy from New Zealand in his mid 20s to get this sorted out but oddly enough it is!

www.bovision.se
+
*Gully Gull*
post 23.Feb.2006, 11:41 PM
Post #5

Matthew, here is some advice:

pay to register with bostadsdirekt. Okay, so you pay 750sek, but you want accomodation, right?

I know it hurts to pay it, but how much is it, really? Then you have 6 weeks' full access to the ads.

Then you will find something easily.

Accomodation in Sthlm is not hard to find.
+
Beth
post 24.Feb.2006, 12:13 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Gully Gull)
pay to register with bostadsdirekt. Okay, so you pay 750sek, but you want accomodation, right?

Accomodation in Sthlm is not hard to find.

is that all they charge? yeah, definitely worth it then. know several people who find/found housing through them
+
*Brathair / Don't Be Lagom*
post 24.Feb.2006, 01:59 AM
Post #7

Keep networking, have you hooked up with some of the other Kiwis there? Try some of the clubs like the Rugby Club, or see if there is a BB at the embassy. They might be able to hook you up.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: