The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

It's too damn hot

Karlstad is burning

Renfeh Hguh
post 29.Jun.2010, 12:02 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Dazzler @ 29.Jun.2010, 11:20 AM) *
Where is this heat you speak of? Must of been a bubble of heat in Karlstad I missed out on, of course having Vänern as my back yard might of helped the thermometer from risin ... (show full quote)

During the summer of 2003 or 2004 there were a few days that could be classified as "hot" as the temp in the shade actually made it to 30 in 08'ville and it was generally a good summer. Since then summer has only been the occasional day, certainly not a whole season.
Go to the top of the page
+
William Sachsen-Coburg-Go...
post 29.Jun.2010, 12:05 PM
Post #17

30 in the shade in my back garden. The cat thinks we've emigrated to Egypt and is out trying to trace his ancestors.
+
Fishtank
post 29.Jun.2010, 12:37 PM
Post #18

Bara 22 grader in Da Borg and just did 9.5km run and stood under COLD shower. Heaven. But now back to business and its crazy 23 degrees inside. Baddddd!!

I wanna nap!! sad.gif
+
Lingonberry
post 29.Jun.2010, 01:50 PM
Post #19

Is that why it's called Värmland? And I'm emigrating because I can't stand the heat in the south of England. Maybe I got something wrong? Come to think of it in 1982 we had a holiday in ärjang and we got badly sunburnt - it was about 29 degrees that week.
+
DidiE
post 29.Jun.2010, 01:54 PM
Post #20

The thing is, just like there is no butter in hell (long story, but rent Cold Comfort Farm next time it rains and you want a great video) there is no air conditioning in Sweden. At least not anywhere within walking distance today. I am taking the rest of the afternoon off due to heat related stress (sounds like it might be a real condition) have filled an old spray bottle with water and periodically douse myself while happily engrossed in a multi volume George RR Martin fantasy series. I invite you to join me on the deck at seven for cocktails.
+
post 29.Jun.2010, 02:17 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Lingonberry @ 29.Jun.2010, 12:50 PM) *
Is that why it's called Värmland? And I'm emigrating because I can't stand the heat in the south of England. Maybe I got something wrong? Come to think of it in 1 ... (show full quote)

The difference I have noticed between Sweden and the south of England is the humidity levels. It's bloody hot here today but I'm not sweating like a pig. Also, the temperature drops with the sun so it's much cooler at night and you can sleep.
+
High Priestess Kang - Slu...
post 29.Jun.2010, 02:40 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (DidiE @ 28.Jun.2010, 03:06 PM) *
Yeah, I know. Complaining about heat during our full two weeks of Swedish summer is in poor taste. But I'm hot, dammit. The fans are packed up somewheres in the forrad, I ... (show full quote)

Suck it, beotch!

The head index in my neck of the woods has been between 105/110 every phucking day for a week. I would give my eye teeth for the piddly 80s/90s you're currently enduring.

(note - I'm not even dicking around with math in this heat so y'all are stuck with American measurements)
+
post 29.Jun.2010, 02:43 PM
Post #23

Anyone got any cider lollies stashed away?
+
Craptastical
post 29.Jun.2010, 03:06 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (High Priestess Kang - Slut @ 29.Jun.2010, 03:40 PM) *
Suck it, beotch!The head index in my neck of the woods has been between 105/110 every phucking day for a week. I would give my eye teeth for the piddly 80s/90s you're ... (show full quote)

That's 40 to 43 Celsius, and for those here who don't know what a heat index is (not many know in Sweden anyway), it's the "feels like" temperature. Where HPK lives it's usually extremely humid. That's why most wear very loose clothes (I used to live there) which is the same reason HPK sports a muumuu 365 days a year wink.gif
+
DidiE
post 29.Jun.2010, 03:18 PM
Post #25

43 C? Hah! That is only 28 in dog years. Whatcho betching about, Kang?
Anyway, like they say in Norway, it's not the heat, it's the stupidity. Everyone on our street who hasn't already escaped to the lakes or summer stugor are lolling around in shorts, reminding this former Alaskan very much of beached whales. There is nothing even remotely resembling brain wave activity anywhere on the block. Even the normal arslet morons who constantly are hammaring or mowing lawns or otherwise annoying the rest of us are still.
+
Mzungu
post 29.Jun.2010, 04:01 PM
Post #26

Quite pleasant here on my return to the Höglands of Småland at 28C,makes a change from the damp,cold misty mornings of the Cape...

*miss the Windhoek and WC atmosphere though!*

PS. DidiE,the gardener did well,Squash the size of golf balls! smile.gif
+
post 30.Jun.2010, 02:52 AM
Post #27

Crappy...

I find myself longing for the days when I was a very large pregnosaur in the summer. After a while, I ceased giving a shit about my appearance and would frolic around Raleeeee in my airy, cotton jammies. Seriously.

It's phucking awful here and my flowers are dying a slow, painful death. sad.gif
+
post 30.Jun.2010, 02:52 AM
Post #28

Didi -

Given that I live in the South wouldn't it be stupidity x 2?
+
Craptastical
post 30.Jun.2010, 11:04 AM
Post #29

QUOTE (High Priestess Kang - Slut @ 30.Jun.2010, 03:52 AM) *
Crappy...I find myself longing for the days when I was a very large pregnosaur in the summer. After a while, I ceased giving a shit about my appearance and would frolic around ... (show full quote)

Has Raleigh issued water restrictions again? There is a solution to that.

Just cut Cary and Apex off wink.gif
+
Amber Dawn
post 30.Jun.2010, 11:57 AM
Post #30

I have been here less than 6 weeks and thought I was going to bake yesterday! I am from the South in the US, so I am used to heat but I am also very used to an air conditioner, which we don't have. We have an 8 week old kitten, so opening all the doors to let the breeze in wasn't an option. Saturday is supposed to be hot, as well. Between the heat and the allergies, I am a mess. lol

QUOTE (DidiE @ 29.Jun.2010, 09:47 AM) *
Am back home in Skövde today

We're practically neighbors! I am right outside of Axvall.
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: