The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
23 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

Bsmith
post 20.Jun.2018, 10:46 PM
Post #61

QUOTE (Am89 @ 20.Jun.2018, 03:36 PM) *
So racist you are. There are a lot of benefits having immigrants. If immigrants would leave this country would look empty as in computer games. Moreover,economy must be impro ... (show full quote)

The average amount of time it takes before immigrants find work in Sweden is 7 years. Until then, they subsist on the taxpayer's dole. Some enrichment...
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Jun.2018, 11:14 PM
Post #62

"Probably not as bad as a country where children and babies are separated at the border."

Nicely played!!!... rolleyes.gif

But not relevant...A political ploy, to achieve an end to a problem...

Wait and see...
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 20.Jun.2018, 11:39 PM
Post #63

QUOTE (Am89 @ 19.Jun.2018, 08:24 PM) *
Everybody wants to work however,there is a huge discrimination in the labor market. Employers prefer to hire natives. I don't agree with you that those who come here come ... (show full quote)

Sweden and many nordic countries are tough places for immigrants. If you speak their language chances will increase but still I see a lot of bias, because that belief that swedes are the best. That bias alone makes it harder for any immigrant even if they are educated.

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 20.Jun.2018, 03:59 PM) *
The job market and housing have been systematically used to disintegrate immigrants and refugees in Sweden. I don’t think the government is serious about its integration pro ... (show full quote)

Sweden and most scandinavian countries claim to be country of opportunities but then the reality is much different. Housing is a clear example of how difficult things can be in a country with plenty of space to build. Excuses are given but the problem will never be solved. The entire housing system is designed for buyers, while renters will live in short term second hand of 1 year of less contracts. That by itself is a way to get rid of anyone who wants to stay longer than 1 or 2 years in sweden.

The problem is many swedes think their system is the average in the rest of Europe. They think that queues to find rentals are the norm and the second hand rentals too when in reality they are the exception.

Most scandinavian countries use the same strategy. Housing shortage as a way to keep any hard competition out. Some people might survive but the vast majority will crash and leave.

But if swedes themselves don't see lack of housing rentals and second hand rentals as a problem then things will go business as usual. Because swedes play with advantage and they know who really gets affected by this false scarcity of rental housing. They know it's basic necessity and without it, anyone will be forced to leave. So guests yes but not for too long.

That's why you will see complaints day and day again about sweden. Do a search in this forum alone and you will find of plenty. Same complaints, same arguments but swedes leave the door open because they know foreigners cannot compete in equal conditions. Because no person can wait 5+ years for stable rental and swedes know it. ;-)

Sweden is doing well because they are isolated from europe and they have somehow in their own internal economy. scandinavia by itself is a self contained economic system where everything is overpriced and services are poor for the money we pay.

50 years from now there will still be queues to find rentals in sweden. It is a business model, scarcity and hiding the truth about what's actually happening is what makes swedes get away with it. See the news... there is no news about lack of rentals, nothing on svt, nothing in English that can inform people of what's actually happening. Very smart. It's the way swedes do things. They show you the cake and then you open the box and... it's empty.

People come in, they spend their money trying to survive and many will leave with less money in their pockets and frustrated with the passive aggressiveness and the passivity of this country that looks the other way and keep it silence to tackle problems like housing, because lack of housing means $$$$$$ and a way to get rid of competition.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 21.Jun.2018, 01:41 AM
Post #64

Everybody forgets that Sweden is a country made by Swedes for themselves...

Why should a country be made for peop[le who did not care enough to make their own country a decent place to live???

Sweden is for Swedes!!!
+
robbie1985
post 21.Jun.2018, 08:43 AM
Post #65

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 20.Jun.2018, 11:46 PM) *
The average amount of time it takes before immigrants find work in Sweden is 7 years.

Can you provide a source for this please? Not doubting you, just genuinely interested.
+
SmokerT69
post 21.Jun.2018, 11:26 AM
Post #66

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 21.Jun.2018, 02:41 AM) *
Everybody forgets that Sweden is a country made by Swedes for themselves...Why should a country be made for peop[le who did not care enough to make their own country a decent ... (show full quote)

Fair enough. But not all immigrants are coming from 3rd world countries. I'm moving from one of the richest countries in the World per capita, Bermuda. I think it's rated 5th world wide for GDP per capita. I'm not moving here because my home country is a shit hole. I'm moving her because I married a Swede and have been in a relationship with her for 7 years and have Swedish children. Put it this way, if I sold my family house in Bermuda, I could buy 10 plus houses here in Sweden. Average 2 bedroom house is worth about 1-1.5 million USD in Bermuda. Again, I haven't claimed any benifits and have supported myself during my entire year plus stay here in Sweden waiting on a personummer / residence permit.

I don't think pointing out that it's very difficult to move to Sweden and actually try to integrate into society should be met with such hostility.
+
Bsmith
post 21.Jun.2018, 11:26 AM
Post #67

There have been several stories in the news about this statistic, this one specifically mentions asylum seekers: https://www.economist.com/finance-and-econo...asylum-and-jobs.

So perhaps using the word "immigrant" is too general and inaccurate but I mainly want to dispute the notion that there is some great need to import massive amounts of immigrants into Sweden. There are housing shortages, a genuine lack of jobs especially of the low skilled variety and vast cultural differences facing many of these immigrants.

There have also been many reports of increasing crime, and decreasing benefits and pensions for native Swedes due to the massive influx of immigration.

Not to say all immigration is bad. A selective approach welcoming those who would have skills that Sweden needs makes sense but Sweden's policy has been far from that.
+
GamlaSkogHisingHope
post 21.Jun.2018, 12:01 PM
Post #68

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 21.Jun.2018, 11:26 AM) *
Fair enough. But not all immigrants are coming from 3rd world countries. I'm moving from one of the richest countries in the World per capita, Bermuda. I think it's ra ... (show full quote)

Indeed, as you have intimated there really isn't anything to integrate with/to in Sweden. Like you I have Swedish in-laws. I was also in the country for several years, never claimed a penny and never found a days work. We sold our house at a notional profit, but incurred a huge loss from other expenses.

I'm afraid that overall the opportunities are so limited, so your chances of success are remote. This is built into the Swedish system.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 21.Jun.2018, 01:31 PM
Post #69

"Fair enough. But not all immigrants are coming from 3rd world countries"

I agree with you...

It seems though there are so many here that expect a red carpet and embraces the minute they enter Sweden and then complain that Sweden is not like what they thought and then blame the Swedish people for being Swedish and not like them!!!
+
Martian
post 21.Jun.2018, 02:30 PM
Post #70

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 20.Jun.2018, 04:47 PM) *
So many complaints from people who left their own countries to come to Sweden, it makes you wonder how bad were those countries were.The obvious answer is to go back home or g ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 21.Jun.2018, 02:41 AM) *
Everybody forgets that Sweden is a country made by Swedes for themselves...Why should a country be made for peop[le who did not care enough to make their own country a decent ... (show full quote)

This Swedish wannabe has been defending Sweden for 12 years on this forum, posts on every single thread everyday since then and has never lived in Sweden!

Are you on a sick bed or on some life support system? It takes the people who live in Sweden to understand how Sweden works.

Reading random things about Sweden without living there doesn't give you the audacity to counter the people who share their first-hand experiences about life in Sweden. You have wasted 12 years of your life sir!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 21.Jun.2018, 03:10 PM
Post #71

laugh.gif
+
Apache001
post 21.Jun.2018, 03:34 PM
Post #72

A friend visited me from Germany and I asked him to sincerely give me his opinion about his move.
He told me if he is able to get the language bit locked down having just lived in Germany for 2yrs, he sees Germany as a home and wouldn’t move anywhere else in the world.

It was at that point I told him he just confirmed what many posters here have written about Germany.

Many years ago when I first moved here, a friend told me come on mate don’t sweat it because Swedes know what they are doing, they are aware of everything they do to you and do them intentionally. It didn’t take more years to realize how wicked and selfish Swedes are, they act heartless only if that thing doesn’t bother them, however when the tables are turned they start acting like every normal person around the world, which truly shows they are aware about their disdainful behavior towards you.

To the narrow minded Gamla saying Sweden is for Swedes, once again if the world stops trading with Sweden with the same mindset and ask all Swedes around the world to move back to Sweden, then you would understand the true meaning of “great depression”.

All my years in Sweden I’m yet to meet just one person in real life who has honestly told me he likes his life here with reasons. The most I got was always about the clean air and parental benefits, and not one person has mentioned “THE PEOPLE”.
+
parfume1
post 21.Jun.2018, 07:09 PM
Post #73

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 21.Jun.2018, 02:31 PM) *
"Fair enough. But not all immigrants are coming from 3rd world countries"I agree with you...It seems though there are so many here that expect a red carpet and embra ... (show full quote)

I seriously don’t even believe this man has visited Sweden he probably has a very anti social boring life like the average Swede and has found a country to lach onto!
+
parfume1
post 21.Jun.2018, 07:12 PM
Post #74

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 21.Jun.2018, 04:34 PM) *
A friend visited me from Germany and I asked him to sincerely give me his opinion about his move.He told me if he is able to get the language bit locked down having just lived ... (show full quote)

Yeah I agree there is something very sinister about the Swedes. People who don’t show emotions and express themselves are the most dangerous you never know what is hiding on the inside!!!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 21.Jun.2018, 07:59 PM
Post #75

The comedy here is never-ending, complaints about Swedes from those that left their own countries amaze me...

Coupled with that is the determination and energy spent on saying how bad the Swedish people are...

If the complainers were not so sad and unhappy with the life they have made for themselves, it truly would be top notch comedy...
+

23 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: